Quantcast
Intelcom Courier Canada Inc. - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Intelcom Courier Canada Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canada Post really? I've yet to have CanPost deliver, I've had every other courier though.

Honestly, the most reliable and consistant with on time deliveries is Intelcom, they really stepped the game up
    Canada Post delivers about 25% of my orders, they are the only ones I ever have issues with. They also don't ring the doorbell, they just leave a "sorry we missed you" tag by default. Same deal when I lived downtown, they wouldn't buzz my unit or call (both numbers were listed on the package), they would just stick a "sorry we missed you" tag on the outside of the building. They are the worst.

The flip side is that I wouldn't have free Prime without Canada Post, so it's all good. Intelcom does the vast majority of my deliveries with a few going to Dynamax. The Dynamax people actually called me when they couldn't find my unit, so I was impressed with them.

Huge props to Amazon/Intelcom. Got 2 delivery notifications at 11PM last night to my office downtown, which is impossible because there is no staff there at that time. Signature line on the "proof" email was blank. It was also 1 day late, but with Prime days that is to be expected.

I chatted Amazon and they refunded me without asking and without hassle. I called Intelcom and within an hour the actual delivery driver called me and explained exactly where he left it, who actually signed for it, etc. I eventually tracked it down and Amazon still let me keep the $300+ refund for my 'troubles'.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Once again, Canada Post sucks. Got the door hanger yesterday, but not the item. Fuckers. However, Amazon will get them to divert the package from the local post office and deliver it to my house and they gave me another free month for my troubles. If the item is on my doorstep when I get home I'm calling that a win.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 07-24-2019 at 09:24 AM.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

I am starting to think that every company just hires a few folks to drive around and drop off these door notices just to make everyone drive to the various depots to grab our stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Homerrca View Post
    I am starting to think that every company just hires a few folks to drive around and drop off these door notices just to make everyone drive to the various depots to grab our stuff.
    It is the Canada Post way. In the 7 years I lived downtown, not once did they deliver a package instead of leaving a notice. Might have just been my particular delivery person(s) but they were awful.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-24-2019 at 10:49 AM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Had a bed frame delivered from Amazon by UPS. It was a huge box, 90lbs. I know with UPS, they would of left a note and asked me to pick up at depot. So I signed up for UPS My Choice. Set location of where I want future deliveries and then clicked on some permission that I don't need to sign for packages anymore, just drop off at desired location. Win!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

How do y'all deal with expensive packages?
    Looking to order a $1000 item from Amazon. It doesn't allow me to deliver to a Canada Post office.
    I'm afraid it will come after hours if I send it to work?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

they typically will re-deliver if work is closed. i always ship expensive stuff to work (and never do 'same day', as they'll usually try to drop it off at like 8 pm on a sunday)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Looking to order a $1000 item from Amazon. It doesn't allow me to deliver to a Canada Post office.
    Try putting PO Box 0 in the 2nd line of your address. Supposedly it makes amazon recognize your address as a post office box and will force canada post delivery, though maybe I wouldn't risk it on a 1k item for the first try.

otherwise isn't there amazon pickup points you can choose where they deliver it to a holding location?

Edit: yeah there's half a dozen pickup locations within 5 minute drive of my place. Just use those.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 12-17-2019 at 10:34 AM.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I've had multiple deliveries from this company....never a problem.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    VTAKK

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Had a bed frame delivered from Amazon by UPS. It was a huge box, 90lbs. I know with UPS, they would of left a note and asked me to pick up at depot. So I signed up for UPS My Choice. Set location of where I want future deliveries and then clicked on some permission that I don't need to sign for packages anymore, just drop off at desired location. Win!
    I ordered a bed from Costco that was delivered by UPS. They dropped it off in my back alley when no one was home

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Edit: yeah there's half a dozen pickup locations within 5 minute drive of my place. Just use those.
    I tried that and they're all non-deliverable Canada Post locations.

Anyways I called my building manager and with the buzzer system I'm gonna risk it.
    Here's to hoping I get it in my hands by monday when I need it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I tried that and they're all non-deliverable Canada Post locations.

Anyways I called my building manager and with the buzzer system I'm gonna risk it.
    Here's to hoping I get it in my hands by monday when I need it.
    That seems weird that its not deliverable to those. How big is this thing? It might get shipped puralator or UPS instead. Anything larger they seem to use actual companies.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

That seems weird that its not deliverable to those. How big is this thing? It might get shipped puralator or UPS instead. Anything larger they seem to use actual companies.
    Retail box Dimensions: 16.52 x 19.63 x 15.75
    inches

ICYW it's a roomba

If you work in an office building downtown, they will take it back if shipping & receiving or your office reception doesn't take it - nothing to worry about. If you're really worried, ship it to a family member or friend who will be home. Amazon will cover you too up to I believe $2500.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If you work in an office building downtown, they will take it back if shipping & receiving or your office reception doesn't take it - nothing to worry about. If you're really worried, ship it to a family member or friend who will be home. Amazon will cover you too up to I believe $2500.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Huge props to Amazon/Intelcom. Got 2 delivery notifications at 11PM last night to my office downtown, which is impossible because there is no staff there at that time. Signature line on the "proof" email was blank. It was also 1 day late, but with Prime days that is to be expected.

I chatted Amazon and they refunded me without asking and without hassle. I called Intelcom and within an hour the actual delivery driver called me and explained exactly where he left it, who actually signed for it, etc. I eventually tracked it down and Amazon still let me keep the $300+ refund for my 'troubles'.
    I'm kinda hoping this will happen

I'm kinda hoping this will happen
    I've got it 2-3 times since then as well. Free CPU, free SSD, free headphones. The have easily refunded me over $1000 worth of stuff to date, it's almost unbelievable how good their service is.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Try putting PO Box 0 in the 2nd line of your address. Supposedly it makes amazon recognize your address as a post office box and will force canada post delivery, though maybe I wouldn't risk it on a 1k item for the first try.

otherwise isn't there amazon pickup points you can choose where they deliver it to a holding location?

The tracking says it's being shipped by Canada Post, but I couldn't get it to ship to a CP office?!?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

The tracking says it's being shipped by Canada Post, but I couldn't get it to ship to a CP office?!?
    Just amazon doing amazon things.

My favourite was Monday 10am I ordered something and it had free same/one day delivery, estimated arrival thursday.

Granted this is the busiest time of year so just gotta accept the chaos for the convenience of home delivery vs going to the mall chaos.

My Ride
    Trucks

Just amazon doing amazon things.

My favourite was Monday 10am I ordered something and it had free same/one day delivery, estimated arrival thursday.

Granted this is the busiest time of year so just gotta accept the chaos for the convenience of home delivery vs going to the mall chaos.
    This happens to me all the time, but often is delivered in less than 36hrs anyway.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast