Quantcast
Wife took delivery of couches, didn't notice damage - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wife took delivery of couches, didn't notice damage

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Default Wife took delivery of couches, didn't notice damage

Long story short, we got our couches delivered by The Brick today, I wasn't home so my wife signed off on the delivery, I come home, noticed there are pretty noticeable scratches in the leather...am I S.O.L because she signed off on it without checking? (in process of emailing the salesman pics)...I have no idea what she signed, looking for anyone with experience with The Brick, did she sign something saying nothing was damaged?
    Last edited by JohnnyHockey; 11-02-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Was the couch wrapped with something? Concealed damage may be an option.

How big are the scratches?

I had a similar thing happen with a leather couch from the Brick. I called them and they sent out a furniture technician who used something similar to a felt marker and filled the scratches in. I couldn't even tell where they were after he had done it.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 11-02-2016 at 05:43 PM.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Just call them and talk to the manager. My family ran into this situation once. After speaking/complaining to the manager, they sent a furniture tech guy to our house who assessed the damage. They ended up exchanging the sofas for a new set. Only thing is, I don't remember if we dealt with the brick or another furniture store, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem (hopefully). Also, I believe you just sign off to verify that the couches have been delivered.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

My experience was the same as the others. They sent some guy who used a pen and I honestly could not tell that there was a scratch anymore, three years later still nothing. On a side note the brick gave us $100 refund for the "inconvenience". I never asked for it and I thought they were extremely easy to deal with.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

if you paid by credit card and the brick doesnt take responsibility, you may be able to claim it through credit card insurance

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Hmmm...never had this problem before and i bought a lot from the Brick...ya its not just a scratch it small tears im the leather...I'll see what they say, just wanted if others had much hassle with the Brick.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I think that you might be reading too much into your own responsibility in regards to her signing. Fact is, it was sold by them and delivered by their preferred carrier. (Likely themselves). Thus, they are responsible for any damage.

In addition, I wish people didn't get dicked by not knowing the rules of retail. In your case, and in 99.5% of retail purchases, you always have the option of bringing it back. Granted, you might have to fight to retain any shipping fee you might have paid.

More generally though, you have to understand that you have various levels of recourse, should it be required. First, talk to the manager. Unless you are being unreasonable or dickish (and even sometimes if you are both) the issue gets resolved 95% of the time. For the remaining 5%, you bring it up a level like the district manager. No manager who wants his job is going to let a reasonable request get to the dm.

And if you still manage to be the unfortunate sap who still gets denied due to two tiers of incompetence then you post it to social media/google/news media.

In the end, played right, there is only a sliver of chance a customer ends up screwed.

And back to your issue op, just talk to the manager and they will take care of it. Sorry for the derailment.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Call as soon as possible (aka tomorrow) the longer you wait the harder it is to deal with

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I think that you might be reading too much into your own responsibility in regards to her signing. Fact is, it was sold by them and delivered by their preferred carrier. (Likely themselves). Thus, they are responsible for any damage.

I work in the furniture industry all be it on the contract/commercial side of things. The supplier is responsibly right off till the customer signs off on it. Not there fault she was too lazy to do a proper inspection. Damage happens. Most likely it happened directly from the manufacturer. That is where most damage occurs.
    e manager. They should have a technician that can fill in the scratches. In all likelihood if it is from the Brick it is a split grain or bottom grain leather which means it is already full of fillers so not a big deal.

That said...this is the Brick and they are known for being uncooperative c*unts.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc