Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What year is this...1995??

Originally posted by rx7boi

Don't carry cash
    Whine about it
    Sneak into event and justify it
    ???
    Profit 1000x
    Who snuck in? Did someone sneak in? I must've missed that.
    It's okay if you want to speculate about an event that you've never even been to.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Why not just keep a couple $20 bills in your wallet? I've been screwed over enough times at stores where the debit machine won't work, that I always make sure I've got some cash on me.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Is this thread worthy? Cant you just rant about this to your wife and move on?? Head down to the deans office and put a formal complaint in while you are at it

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    I never carry cash. Ever.

So a business with a half a million dollars annual budget can't afford a debit machine? Every two-bit kiosk selling $10 dollar sunglasses seems to have no problem.

I bet there's either an ATM near, or a debit machine for admission though right?
    Oh heck yes there is. Debit/MC/Visa for movie tickets, cash only for concession. ATM right be side for a $3.50 fee.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Originally posted by speedog

It does need to be noted that for the Flames to accept debit/credit in the concession stands would mean running cables all over the place ...
    Not with the cellular debit machines, just need electricity for the base to charge them.

Originally posted by riander5
    Is this thread worthy? Cant you just rant about this to your wife and move on?? Head down to the deans office and put a formal complaint in while you are at it

Originally posted by spike98

Oh heck yes there is. Debit/MC/Visa for movie tickets, cash only for concession. ATM right be side for a $3.50 fee.

So nothing at all like the situation I'm talking about?
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 11-10-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Default Re: What year is this...1995??

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    I WAS aware of it, but in my defense it was almost 2 years ago. What establishment operates with NO debit machine or even an ATM nearby in today's world?!!

Went to go watch the Mustangs play the Canucks up at the University tonight. No Debit Machine Nor ATM. CASH only.

WTF?!!! Still?! SEE YA!

That is all.
    Call em' up and ask.

The reply would be thread worthy.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by riander5

the speeddog effect
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-16-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Usually this

Anyplace that strictly deals with cash is probably run by somebody skimming the business and making enough tax free money off of that to make up for the small amount of lost business of not having a debit machine.
    Yeah, pretty hard for this to be the case with this organization. Multiple people inside the ticket office.
    Tickets given out (receipts)
    Attendance numbers reported and kept on file on multiple databases.

They're a struggling franchise. Poor performance, poor attendance, no one in charge (or fairly new) of PR and media so very little media presence. So it's a safe bet that they've just been going along with the status quo for years and haven't bothered to look into even a wireless POS machine. Having an ATM machine on site is probably the University's call and not the hockey club's.

They had one years ago, and it got broken into/stolen, so they've never replaced it. Pretty sure having an ATM garners revenue, ($3.00 per transaction x 200-300 people?!!) so I don't see why they haven't. I've talked to some bars who say they sometimes make more money on their machines than they do on sales.
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Had to go to a TD branch to avoid ATM fees... it was a long walk, and on the way I changed my mind on buying it. Lost business for them in the end.
    Exactly my point!
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 11-11-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Originally posted by max_boost
    the speeddog effect
    Who's speeddog?

Originally posted by Swank
    Not with the cellular debit machines, just need electricity for the base to charge them.
    Well, electricity would be another problem.

Originally posted by Swank
    This, not accepting at least debit is simply not acceptable anymore.

Visa sure, I always pay the guy in the family run corner store by my work in cash or debit because visa eats into his already small profit. But dealing in cash is archaic. Cash needs to go the way of the dinosaur it's a waste of money to even print/mint it.

the only reason why cash is around is not about convenience, but truely either to evade taxes or for laundering.

I know it sounds sinister, however in this modern developed era, if you were to think about it... the only reason why cash is around is because there is little to no recourse.

if you want to prevent people from "screwing" the government, or more like enable people to be screwed by the government (based on perspective)

get rid of cash currency

by doing so, with all the patterns of AML and KYC technologies, it is extremely easy to catch laundering, and honestly other than gold/jewelry no other real commodity of barter, you will reduce "crime" overall or force everyone to bitcoin

I'm not saying this should be done, but could be

Originally posted by J-hop

This, not accepting at least debit is simply not acceptable anymore.

Visa sure, I always pay the guy in the family run corner store by my work in cash or debit because visa eats into his already small profit. But dealing in cash is archaic. Cash needs to go the way of the dinosaur it's a waste of money to even print/mint it.
    Actually debit and cash transactions have costs as well, debit has fees and depositing cash at the bank isn't done for free either. Debit and cash are still the most economical choice for most retailers though.

Actually debit and cash transactions have costs as well, debit has fees and depositing cash at the bank isn't done for free either. Debit and cash are still the most economical choice for most retailers though.
    And your last sentence is exactly why I stated I try to use cash or debit..............................

On a side note, I volunteered at both the Dino's and high school final football games yesterday and the Flames had to ATM's set up inside of the stadium. Fist time I can recall that for this level of football but it did show that someone was listening.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    TL

On a side note, I volunteered at both the Dino's and high school final football games yesterday and the Flames had to ATM's set up inside of the stadium. Fist time I can recall that for this level of football but it did show that someone was listening.
    high school games is like $5 entry and it's only for playoffs now, the rest of the season is free. People shouldn't be expecting debit transactions for that. I'm glad they had an ATM

I've been stuck at a Mustang's game with the same. No cash and had to scrounge some out of my car. Annoying for sure.

I get the hassle. It's not like Tim's is next door either. There's nowhere close to get change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2