Quantcast
Trump will save the V8! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Trump will save the V8!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Trump will save the V8!

Or well, indirectly.

http://jalopnik.com/trump-threatens-...-re-1788755276

The Trump Administration will complete a comprehensive review of all federal regulations. This includes a review of the fuel economy and emissions standards to make sure they are not harming consumers or American workers.

It is important to remember that this particular program was first put in place as a way to reduce our nation’s dependence on foreign oil, not for purposes of global warming regulation...Mr. Trump will be focused on bringing jobs, including auto manufacturing, back to the U.S., and making sure that government policies are in the national interest.
    If CAFE gets repealed, and perhaps even lifted ... We could have big blocks, Honda could release a 10,000rpm engine, Ferrari's could make 1,000hp V12 NA. Who knows right?

Oil is cheap, lets be great 'Merican's again!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

CAFE has been remarkably effective at it's purpose. Although, with millennials, and whatever the generation after them is called, showing less intention of driving regardless of the cost, personal vehicle use is going to decline around the world no matter what the fuel economy.

CAFE is the reason you can no longer get the 6.3L V8 in the F150, and instead have the 3.5EcoBoost, which is better in every way except sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    CAFE has been remarkably effective at it's purpose. Although, with millennials, and whatever the generation after them is called, showing less intention of driving regardless of the cost, personal vehicle use is going to decline around the world no matter what the fuel economy.

CAFE is the reason you can no longer get the 6.3L V8 in the F150, and instead have the 3.5EcoBoost, which is better in every way except sound.
    Sound, just pipe that shit in.

Wait, they're already dong that.

My Ride
    Nothing

don't worry, Canada will then impose its own restrictions on vehicles to make up for the US in order to do its fair share to save the environment!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bicycle

It doesn't matter.

All that mean is that Toyota can keep on using that 3.5L V6 in the Camry for another decade or 2 without innovating.

European and Chinese standard will keep on lowering the displacement. Chinese is why we are starting to get 2.9L instead 3.0L. Nobody cares about what American thinks as they don't have purchase power any more.

Chinese has came a long way in just 2 decades. If Americans regresses, they will just accelerate talent lost and its demise.

My Ride
    something green

If he forces the EPA to relax some of the rules on diesels, diesel fuel mileage will probably increase. Today's diesels are so choked down with emissions controls, the mileage is terrible.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Maxt
    If he forces the EPA to relax some of the rules on diesels, diesel fuel mileage will probably increase. Today's diesels are so choked down with emissions controls, the mileage is terrible.
    One of my buddies at work was telling me about the states and diesel tuners fiasco. I didn't know the tuners are only for sale in Canada lol. Lots of issues and the one tuning company getting sued for 600million haha. Crazy.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by Darkane

One of my buddies at work was telling me about the states and diesel tuners fiasco. I didn't know the tuners are only for sale in Canada lol. Lots of issues and the one tuning company getting sued for 600million haha. Crazy.
    Yeah, the whole DPF thing is kind of ridiculous in some aspects, sure the exhaust is cleaner, but then the ecu blows a whole bunch of extra fuel down the exhaust for a regen cycle, and how many trucks have to be towed in by a 5 ton flatbed because of ecu's stuck in limp mode. Consider the environmental impact of using extra fuel to be cleaner when that fuel is shipped by train or ship that has no emission controls. I don't know if its significant, but you never hear that talked about or even figured in...The laws of unintended consequences...
    I look at what my 94 cummins got for mileage compared to my 06, then compare to what people say the 07 and up get and its a pretty drastic drop in mileage as they got "cleaner"...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Although I love a screaming NA engine (use to have an E92 M3), regulations force companies to innovate and we've seen some serious fuel efficiency increases because of this which turns into savings for consumers. I don't think making emissions great again is a good idea
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.