Quantcast
Recommend me a Honda Salesperson in Calgary and surrounding area? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommend me a Honda Salesperson in Calgary and surrounding area?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How badly does he not want to drive anywhere? Going down to Okotoks saved me around $2,000 compared to the best price anyone would give me in Calgary, Airdrie, or Red Deer and that includes beyond members I contacted who are salespeople. Exact same scenario with the other 3 Hondas I have helped people buy recently as well. He seriously won't drive 30 mins to save what is probably at least a grand, but he wants to get the best price? That doesn't make any sense to me. Chances are he will waste way more time than that doing the dealership "manager dance" haha.

Shoot me a PM if you want I can put you in contact with someone so all your FIL has to do is drive down there and sign on slightly above dealer cost, no hassle and fully transparent dealer invoice pricing.
    I got better pricing on a 2017 CR-V EX & 2017 HR-V EX-L (sister-in-law) at Village Honda compared to Okotoks Honda last August. Okotoks are certainly not the be all as many allude to here.

PM me if you want my contact who will offer you the same pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2REV View Post
    I got better pricing on a 2017 CR-V EX & 2017 HR-V EX-L (sister-in-law) at Village Honda compared to Okotoks Honda last August. Okotoks are certainly not the be all as many allude to here.

PM me if you want my contact who will offer you the same pricing.
    It depends who you talk to there I suspect. Each time I shopped the entire city plus Airdrie, Red Deer, High River, and Okotoks, and Okotoks was by far the best every time, it was not even close. I went up to manager level at other dealerships and none of them would even match the price let alone beat it, so I went to Okotoks and saved a bunch of money. YMMV. Calgary Honda even had the balls to tell me they were losing money so they couldn't do the deal LOL.

Obviously shop it around, you should never just go to one place, but at least throw them into the mix as a point of reference if nothing else.

What did you pay over dealer invoice at Village, and what extras were included?

I will also add that Okotoks was the only dealer willing to show me a CCC report without me having to pay for it, which is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-13-2018 at 02:01 PM.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Another vote for Okotoks Honda....

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Another vote for Okotoks Honda....
    I haven't bother to physically visit any other dealership in town last August when we shopped for the van (2018 White Odyssey Touring). All the dealerships in town tells me the same thing... high demand vehicle, most popular color, and the factory don't make that many touring models percentage wise. They all tell me they might have one coming in a few weeks and want me to visit the dealership. And of course, quotes me MSRP + whatever other fee they require.

Okotoks tells me essentially the same story except they didn't say they might have one coming in a few weeks. They just said, it's going to be a while. We were expecting our third child in Dec, so ideally I was hoping that it would be ready by then... and it was. But the long wait wasn't the dealership's fault, but how Honda decides to build which model, which color, and when.

Long story short... Okotoks negotiate price up from CCC invoice pricing. I'm not a sharp negotiator. And they took my first offer. Overall, I've "saved" a few thousand dollars. Vehicle price before options was less than MSRP for a supposedly in demand vehicle.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Calgary Honda even had the balls to tell me they were losing money so they couldn't do the deal LOL.
    The may not have been lying to you. I imagine cost of doing business in Okotoks is quite a bit lower than Calgary. Property tax alone could be way less out there. Same reason you can buy a VW and Subaru for less in Red Deer for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    The may not have been lying to you. I imagine cost of doing business in Okotoks is quite a bit lower than Calgary. Property tax alone could be way less out there. Same reason you can buy a VW and Subaru for less in Red Deer for example.
    They were still higher than other Calgary dealers, and nobody else in Calgary used that excuse (which seems like the only legit excuse, if it were true) so I really doubt it. They also had a $600 admin fee that magically appeared toward the end of my initial dealings with them disguised as some sort of consumer security package which was pure profit - no way in hell were they losing money after kickbacks, holdbacks, future service visits, etc.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Hey guys! 2019 towards fall season, anyone know a salesperson in any Honda dealership that I could talk to for a possible lease? Let me know. Thanks!!!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Calgary honda was such a fuckaround with my girlfriends car. I don't recommend them. Heard good things about Airdrie and Okotoks Honda.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Calgary honda was such a fuckaround with my girlfriends car. I don't recommend them. Heard good things about Airdrie and Okotoks Honda.
    Thanks! Heard same feedback about Calgary Honda. It appears a lot of good feedback with Okotoks. We will probably go there as we leave deep SE, 15 min drive to Okotoks. Anyone know a good salesperson there?

Thanks!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    RX300

Sorry for the necro-bump but in the market for a Honda, seeing as how the thread has aged gracefully wondering if the salespeople that were recommended are still kicking around?

Anyways, would appreciate any recommendations or hook-ups if anyone knows someone. Thanks in advance!
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I would still avoid Calgary Honda.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Pretty sure Marvin is still at Okotoks Honda.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I did not have a postitive experience with Okotoks. They could not price match Honda West. Honda Heritage was a joke.
    My contact was Colleen at Honda West.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Bump. Anyone recommend a sales person at a Honda dealer? Ideally on the used side. Family member wants to potentially look at something like a used HR-V.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2