Quantcast
iOS 10.1.1 Who's having issues? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: iOS 10.1.1 Who's having issues?

Default iOS 10.1.1 Who's having issues?

So I updated to iOS 10.1.1 last week on my iPhone 6 as the phone kept bugging me daily to update. I typically don't update iOS if it is stable. What a freaking mistake.

The phone is now locking up regularly, certain apps are crashing including super basic ones like the frickin calculator FFS! I had it drop off the cellular network, the touch ID doesn't work worth a shit and I really don't care for the new features so far.

Reading online there are 20+ common issues with this iOS and this has to be one of the worst releases ever! I held off upgrading so I can't down grade to an older version of the iOS as they are no longer signed by Apple.

If they don't fix this BS in the next update, I'm going Android and I have had iPhone's since the original was released.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Did you accidentally download a beta? For some reason my phone has been prompting me to install Beta versions of 10 lately despite my not being in the program.

10.1 is probably still being signed, should be able to downgrade. http://wccftech.com/apple-stops-sign...grade-ios-101/

Can't say i have had any new issues with 10.0 or later, been running way better than 9 did on my 6S.

Backup and restore perhaps?

Good news with going android, you won't have to worry about this problem since the OS will never be updated
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I had no issues with 10.1.1 went to 10.2 beta 3 and been having some issues. Doesn't bother me though as I willingly downloaded the beta. Some springboard crashes here and there and spotify likes to lock up the phone. Other than that, meh.

I've never had any issues with touch id. Best bet is to re run your finger through the process and amke sure you move it around a lot instead of just lifting up and down for every step

Since I updated my iphone 6 the battery has been dying a lot quicker.

Classic apple.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Bluetooth on the GF's iPhone 6 went to crap after IOS 10, connects intermittently, used to connect in the car every time the moment she turned on the car stereo.

I do have some issues connecting with the various Bluetooth speakers in my house, a hard reset and connections are trouble free for a few days. Looking at replacing the lot with SONOS and living happily-ever-after.

Hard reset The IT Crowd solution.

Nothing here. However my GPS has been on the fritz for months now. I'm going to replace the antenna.

Oh yeah, if you upgrade the OS and everything starts crashing, force close all your apps and then do a restart.

Why Apple doesn't do this as part of the upgrade process I'll never know.
    Last edited by suntan; 11-17-2016 at 12:13 PM.

My Ride
    IS350

Originally posted by lasimmon
    battery has been dying

Originally posted by Swank
    used to connect in the car every time the moment she turned on the car stereo.

both of these, especially the battery issue lately. bluetooth plays out of the phone speakers for several seconds before getting picked up through the car

Originally posted by Stephen81

both of these, especially the battery issue lately. bluetooth plays out of the phone speakers for several seconds before getting picked up through the car

The Battery issue is well documented and there are tips online how to solve this or at least make it better.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Hmm no issues here, other than occasionally can't swipe to answer a call, but that's been around for many versions.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

My car is now having Bluetooth issues with my 6s on 10.1.1 with a '17 model vehicle.

Won't pickup and locks the phone up

Frustrating

The only issue I have had with IOS 10 (on both my 5S and 7+) was something if I'm closing apps or switching between and I pull down from the top it then goes black with the loading circle in middle and takes about 4-6 seconds to restore.

Oh and sometimes on my 7+ the screen I'm on I'll do something whether its hitting the home or dragging finger and the screen almost drags down to the middle. I need to then click home button to get it to pop back up. Hopefully those two glitches are addressed in the near future.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

GF just installed an update. She was on 10.1.1 and the update was to 10.1.1, then once that was done iTunes let her know there was an update to 10.1.1 available

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

10.1.1 has been stable for me on a variety of devices. 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, 2 iPod touches in various vintage. Haven't had any real issues at all. It's much more polished than iOS 9.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name