Quantcast
Car starters...looking for a reputable place? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car starters...looking for a reputable place?

Had two remote starters installed at Autodream on two separate occasions. Pricing is decent for 2-way remote start, keyless entry, and immobilizer bypass. The "beyond discount" is save $10 off the install of their regular seasonal pricing (IIRC it's $490 vs. $500 for a two-way install)

First install went off without a hitch. Still no issues on the unit. 2009 Toyota Matrix

Second install: '13 Mazda 2 GX with basic power locks and power windows. As soon as the car gets into the shop, I receive a call from them telling me their tech couldn't find the power door lock switch to tap the wires for keyless entry. Granted not all vehicles are the same, but all he said was he couldn't find the switch by the driver's side door handle. The switch is actually located between the two front seats. Pretty obvious to me if the tech even bothered to look. Install went fine, then a few days later there's a rattle inside the cabin. I checked it out, pulled some panels and found the pigtail to the T/C disable switch unplugged. Again, not a big deal but shows lack of thoroughness. Another issue,, remote start stops working after a few months. I'm familiar with compustars so I reprogrammed the key to unit. No issues since.

TLDR; autodream has decent pricing, installs are pretty quick (done in about 4 hours), 1 year parts and labor warranty, received a bonus 2-way remote during their promo.

Comparing brands, I much prefer a compustar over a viper. Solid units regardless of model, less wires for cleaner install, better range.

My Ride
    EG d15b7 (soon mini me) // EH b18b1 (so on lsvtec)

Default On site service

Calgary also has an on site remote starter/alarm/audio installation company.

Great service and good prices, their website is being redone presently but you can reach them at 587.287.7420

They give near wholesale prices on most systems, I was quoted $540 for Vipers new 4x10 digital system (built in bypass), Visions quoted me over $1000.

I just asked, they will give a Beyond member discount too apparently, up to 10% off! Sounds better than 10 dollars, lol.

They warranty for the lifetime you own the vehicle. Convenient to not have to drop your car off all day!
    Last edited by forbiddenera; 12-17-2016 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    EG d15b7 (soon mini me) // EH b18b1 (so on lsvtec)

I should mention for anyone shopping around just because one place has a 2way for 500 and another has a 2way for 600 does not mean they're even remotely the same system features or functionality wise.

A *lot* of places especially during this time of year will use all their starters and old stock on cars in order to give better prices, the newest remote starters don't require a bypass as it is built in and most newer vehicles are all digital which means if they use an analog remote start with a bypass, the bypass does *all* the work including starting the vehicle and the analog remote start brain only handles the communication with the remote.

The company I mentioned explains all this. They have 2way systems starting under 450, 1way with oem remote for under 350 and full 2way digital with two lcd remotes for under 540. They also have smartphone starting options cheaper than anyone else and specialize in luxury cars that require special starters such as Mercedes and BMW

PM me if you want any more info I am happy to text them and ask for you or you can text the number I posted yourself. Yes, these guys text!

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Is Autotech still the preferred vendor?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I was just about to post a thread on this.
    Does anyone have a ballpark idea of the cost to install on a manual transmission vehicle (Honda CRV)..? I got quoted $500 + plus cost of the starter itself.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Is Autotech still the preferred vendor?
    You know it 403-219-0871 ask for Joe, tell him Nick sent you

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

haha nope. should be the cost of the starter (automatic pricing), plus an extra $50 for manual

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by silvercivicsir View Post
    haha nope. should be the cost of the starter (automatic pricing), plus an extra $50 for manual
    Wow, that's quite a difference, LoL!

Autotech, always. Haven't been there for a few years, but still refer people and they're happy.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Stopped by Autotech the other day, right near Urban X! Looking forward to the installation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2