Quantcast
Which 2010 era sports luxury sedan would you choose to live with? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 2010 era sports luxury sedan would you choose to live with?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default Which 2010 era sports luxury sedan would you choose to live with?

Damn it flipstah! I'm having bad ideas thanks to his latest purchase... which car would you pick to live with in this "class" if you will? Best combo of up front cost, and longer term (2-3 year) maintenance and resale?

S4, or 6

These just seem dated, old audis scary me in general... seem expensive for their stats vs what else is available?

E63 or C63

I think between the two I like the e63 more, seems like the most luxurious of all the options... if the airmatic is the biggest issue that's not a huge deal with having aftermarket replacements available, in the form of either coils or replacement bags

C63 seems to hold its value much better than the e, and has a much higher chance of being driven hard vs the e, which appealed more to the mature enthusiast

M5 or 3

M5 just seems like a massive bargain, smg is a bit scary but apparently not as rampant of a problem as the Internet suggests

M3, sedan... 6spd... it appeals to the race car driver in me, m3's hold value extremely well... but looking at the current market they seem to be about $10k more than a comparable m5... which value wise seems a bit tough to swallow

Infiniti and Lexus just isn't doing it for me for lack of performance and being bland. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Lexus... but if it's not my LS430 I will just be nitpicking the shit out of it for not being as awesome (thought about a LS460, but I like the cockpit of the 430 more)

Panamera's are getting closer in price... but still can't get over the looks of them... and that's still like $10-20k more than the above cars... and getting close to the price of a Bentley of this era... and I mean if you're gonna do it, go full retard right?!

What else am I forgetting about? Basically I want a combo of luxury, sport, decent size, and 0-60 in the 5 second range

My Ride
    Exploded.

Don't blame this on me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by flipstah
    Don't blame this on me.
    Oh, it's happening!!!

One day I'm thinking about leasing an S3, or an is350 then boom... impure thoughts thanks to you!

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

5 second range? G37 sedan but I'm biased... ...all those others you listed are either maintenance and repair nightmares and/or too pretentious.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
    5 second range? G37 sedan but I'm biased... ...all those others you listed are either maintenance and repair nightmares and/or too pretentious.
    I'm in sales now... pretentious is the name of the game unfortunately... but "nightmare" needs to be defined, since everyone has a different perspective on it. Also since most of these cars listed are not roaming around in mass quantities you have to wonder how much if this is experience from owners and technicians and how much is just blatant hearsay?

Also over my driving career I have owned a lot of questionable vehicles... so for me anything under $5k a year in unforeseen issues isn't a big deal for me. Hell, at one point that was just my tire budget

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

C63 AMG!

Panamera, but I'm one of the few that like it

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Hmmm if you're in sales why not go more upscale and get a luxury SUV like an X5M or Cayenne and have more room for your clients?

My Ride
    Grimace

I was looking at a Golf R, but now I am hesitant and have been looking at ~2013 335 x-drives. Current gen, lots of power, nice overall. S4 would be previous gen now and that interior was very old. Nice years ago but not now with the new one out. C400/450 would be a great choice also, but not as many to choose from and also you might find a 400 for a good price then really want what the 450 added.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
    Hmmm if you're in sales why not go more upscale and get a luxury SUV like an X5M or Cayenne and have more room for your clients?
    I've thought about it, but the last time I tried to live with an suv as a daily... it didn't last very long. My back up vehicle will probably be a gx460 or something though... but the wife will use it as a daily since she likes trucks and SUVs

C63 AMG or Audi RS4 (S4 has various engine problems not present in the RS4) if you are a driving enthusiast. Have done a ton of research on this segment of cars and those two are far and above their peer group. I hate infiniti's...they aren't fun to drive and feel cheaply made, and M3/M5 have more maintenance issues from what I've seen then the merc or audi counterpart but are equally enjoyably driving. The lexus is like an upgraded corolla...it is not a driver's car but is comfortable to cruise around in.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I'd take the c63 or e63. After owning a rs4 and now golf r I miss the old v8 power and luxury car feel. I'm always on the lookout for one of them but I'd get a 2012 c63 if I did. Still outta my budget is a 2015+ m3, I love the lines of that car.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

E9X M3 hands down. Best driving experience imho. I had one for 5 years (4 of them out of warranty) and didnt have any issues with it.

My Ride
    Hybrid

XF-R / RS?
    I know nothing about them, they seem inexpensive in their class, but maybe deservedly so.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Jaguar/XF...&orup=16_15_55
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^i think the rule of thumb is to avoid anything Jordan Lotoski has owned... till you make Lotoski money

My Ride
    Exploded.

V10. Done. E60

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

V10. Done. E60
    It really is the most value option... was also the fastest out of all of them... mid-sized, which won't be as much of a shock coming from the land yacht

That and the e63 have my attention the most, cause I do like luxury a lot... but $10k difference. Worth it? Dunno... I'm familiar with the previous gen e63 and the sls and enjoyed both, but no experience with the bmw cars outside of the one time I rode shotgun in a 335i coupe

Then the inner child in me say M3!!!!! Because track!!! Plus the woman can't drive manual

My Ride
    Exploded.

Test drive the v10 and YOLO

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Test drive the v10 and YOLO
    Yeah, going to give the truck a few days to try and sell privately... if not then I'll start looking since it will just get traded in for whatever I end up with

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

CTS V

I like neat cars.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast