Quantcast
Link: Unfair Parking Fees On Private Lots Aren't Tickets - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Link: Unfair Parking Fees On Private Lots Aren't Tickets

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Impark actively sets the time on their parking machines off to fuck with people.
    One one occasion I got a ticket for failing to display (even though ticket was on dash) because the ticket machine clock was off by something like 10 minutes, so when the attendant went by it showed that I purchased the ticket after their infraction ticket was issued.

I called the number but they did fuck all and the next day I noticed the time was off the same on my printed ticket. If they can live-check credit cards, then can sync all their clocks properly.

Luckily I knew the building manager who contacted Impark and had the ticket squashed.

Active fraud.

Originally posted by roopi

There website says it is a free service to the public:
    https://www.calgaryparking.com/docum...7-0ea693287022

I'm just assuming they would charge companies which makes sense.
    Yeah, I think it's because we're a business. I think if you're just some shmo it's free.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by suntan
    Yeah, I think it's because we're a business. I think if you're just some shmo it's free.
    You can't call in a tow yourself. Only businesses and staff can do it. It's definitely free.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

You can't call in a tow yourself. Only businesses and staff can do it. It's definitely free.
    So basically he's lying.
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    LNF

I know with my company truck I have gotten an Impark ticket and they sent it in to my head office and then I had to prove it was paid

Wow, apparently I do not have a "business", and the fucking rent I pay every month for my fucking office is going somewhere magical.

Can I "call it in" if I own the fucking business?

Wouldn't be an issue if they changed all their lots to the type where have to drive through the gates... Till they do that I don't have much sympathy for them as a business.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Wow, apparently I do not have a "business", and the fucking rent I pay every month for my fucking office is going somewhere magical.

Can I "call it in" if I own the fucking business?
    Your rent goes to whomever owns the office/parking space so only they can call it in. Building management can also give you permission to call in your spots. Owning a business has nothing to do with it. It's owning those parking spots.

In my current building case, we rent the offices here, we rent our parking spots. I can't call it in if someone is in my spot because I don't own the building nor the parking spots. I tell security and/or building management, they call it in since they have authority, and 15 mins later a tow truck comes.

In the latter case, and my experience is from 20+ years ago, property management gave us permission to call in illegal parkers for a tow. We just had to show letter to CPA when they arrived and they were more than happy to tow. That was my shitty task between 4pm-6pm every day before the dinner rush, watch where people park, go, and call shit in. Fun times.

If you're having problems towing people out of your spots, talk to your property management to either work for the rent you pay them and deal with the shit, or give you permission to handle it yourself.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Your rent goes to whomever owns the office/parking space so only they can call it in. Building management can also give you permission to call in your spots. Owning a business has nothing to do with it. It's owning those parking spots.

In my current building case, we rent the offices here, we rent our parking spots. I can't call it in if someone is in my spot because I don't own the building nor the parking spots. I tell security and/or building management, they call it in since they have authority, and 15 mins later a tow truck comes.

In the latter case, and my experience is from 20+ years ago, property management gave us permission to call in illegal parkers for a tow. We just had to show letter to CPA when they arrived and they were more than happy to tow. That was my shitty task between 4pm-6pm every day before the dinner rush, watch where people park, go, and call shit in. Fun times.

If you're having problems towing people out of your spots, talk to your property management to either work for the rent you pay them and deal with the shit, or give you permission to handle it yourself.
    This was how it's worked for us in the past too. To be able to call it in myself I had to get a letter from building management stating that they were indeed our spots and giving us permission to call for them to be taken off property. Otherwise, we couldn't do it ourselves. And it was always free

In the old days, before Impark took care of parking issues, yes in fact we did have permission to call them in.

However, it was the grumpy accountant that called them, and he was a snarly prick, so maybe they told him they were going to charge because he just rubbed them the wrong way. Also they said "45 minutes, earliest" to get here, probably because of his demeanor, or because we're near Chinook Centre and who the fuck knows how long it takes them to get here.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

In the old days, before Impark took care of parking issues, yes in fact we did have permission to call them in.

However, it was the grumpy accountant that called them, and he was a snarly prick, so maybe they told him they were going to charge because he just rubbed them the wrong way. Also they said "45 minutes, earliest" to get here, probably because of his demeanor, or because we're near Chinook Centre and who the fuck knows how long it takes them to get here.
    Well if Impark manages your lot, they should be doing their jobs haha. That's the whole point for them to manage the lot so you don't have to deal with this shit. So did grumpy accountant call Impark or the city? I could see Impark charging you money to tow haha.

You're slow. What I said occurred happened before Impark took care of things.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

ahh gotcha.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

My wife (and everyone else in the row) got a ticket in a gravel impark lot on 10th avenue for "being outside the lines". Every car was parked a normal distance apart, they just weren't exactly linked up with the parking curb in front of them due to the first few people who parked that day.

She took pictures of the distance between her car and the cars on each side and disputed the ticket with no luck. So we didn't pay it and she uses the non-impark lot beside it out of spite.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by blitz
    My wife (and everyone else in the row) got a ticket in a gravel impark lot on 10th avenue for "being outside the lines". Every car was parked a normal distance apart, they just weren't exactly linked up with the parking curb in front of them due to the first few people who parked that day.

She took pictures of the distance between her car and the cars on each side and disputed the ticket with no luck. So we didn't pay it and she uses the non-impark lot beside it out of spite.
    For something like that, I wouldn't even just not pay it. Maybe write them a cheque for zero dollars with "Go fuck yourselves" on the memo line

My Ride
    09 WRX

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

I know they used to do this. I had a friend who used to work at Impark and there were times he'd be late meeting up cause he had to wait for city towing to come and haul a car away. Of course that was over a decade ago so I'm not sure if it's still done, though I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Also from the lack of response from my previous question, I'm starting to think anyone who complains about getting tickets doesn't even pay the hourly rate to use their lots, which I don't agree with:

I know for myself and probably the rest of the heavy drinking crowd, you'll pay for over night and the payment will expire way before we'd even consider being awake. At like 7 AM. Come back to get your car at 11 or whatever and just throw the ticket on the ground.
    They've designed the lot to make it an inticing place to leave your car, just so they can ticket you in the AM.
    Right outside the roadhouse was prime for this shit.

My Ride
    Cayman

I hate Impark with a passion. I drove to work in my F-350 last week which is too tall for my monthly impark underground spot so I parked down the street at the Impark lot beside Local 522 and paid $40 for the day.

I walk into the lot at 6:02 pm and there is the Impark scum bag writing my a ticket. I ask the guy WTF I am 2 minutes late, I have a monthly impark hang tag on my rear mirrow for another lot and I have the $40 receipt on the dash valid till 6pm. The guy tells me I dont care its 6:02 pm so your ticket is not valid and prints out the ticket and walks away.

I called the Impark 1-800 numbers and they tossed the ticket. On Monday I saw that same dirt bag come into the lot at 5:50pm with his little ticket machine in hand ready to write everyone up at 6 sharp.

Originally posted by Proyecto2000
    I hate Impark with a passion. I drove to work in my F-350 last week which is too tall for my monthly impark underground spot so I parked down the street at the Impark lot beside Local 522 and paid $40 for the day.

I walk into the lot at 6:02 pm and there is the Impark scum bag writing my a ticket. I ask the guy WTF I am 2 minutes late, I have a monthly impark hang tag on my rear mirrow for another lot and I have the $40 receipt on the dash valid till 6pm. The guy tells me I dont care its 6:02 pm so your ticket is not valid and prints out the ticket and walks away.

I called the Impark 1-800 numbers and they tossed the ticket. On Monday I saw that same dirt bag come into the lot at 5:50pm with his little ticket machine in hand ready to write everyone up at 6 sharp.
    Happened a few times then I stopped paying my monthly pass and have this instead. 4 Years since last ticket as I walk to work now but clearly they don't do anything

Total
    (137 notices)$ 12,822.80

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3