Quantcast
2018 Jeep Truck - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124

Thread: 2018 Jeep Truck

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Elbonia
    My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus
    Posts
    6,333
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Yeah, the only one that was Raptor-esque in pricing was the limited-production Launch Edition.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the only one that was Raptor-esque in pricing was the limited-production Launch Edition.
    The "everyday" Rubicon is $64k USD if you check every box (more than the launch edition), raptor is $75k USD optioned out (minus those stupid fawking graphics)....what would you choose for $200ish more per month if you can swing it?

    Will be interesting to see how the CDN pricing translates when you start optioning these things out. There is a 5K difference in the US between the truck and jeep, so that would put this at $71k for an optioned out Rubicon (jeep is $66k CDN, unlike ford, jeep doesn't hose us as much for price difference)


    *Work is dreadfully slow, so yes I actually took the time to build these out
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 04-17-2019 at 04:38 PM.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    06 EVO IX MR SE, 11 F350, 04 WRX, 13 JKRU. 97 BURB
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone spotted one at a local dealer yet? they've hit the dealers in the US already.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    06 EVO IX MR SE, 11 F350, 04 WRX, 13 JKRU. 97 BURB
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WARNED View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone spotted one at a local dealer yet? they've hit the dealers in the US already.
    Tower Chrysler has one now....i'll answer my own question lol.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    just check their website and .....
    53k+tx for the lowest trim...
    68k +tx for the Rubicon lol

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,411
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muse017 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just check their website and .....
    53k+tx for the lowest trim...
    68k +tx for the Rubicon lol
    Question is is the extra $15k worth it for the additional/upgraded equipment. I would guess no, but dunno.
    The idea of a stripped down Jeep always appeals to me. Power nothing, less electronics the better. Do your own aftermarket.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question is is the extra $15k worth it for the additional/upgraded equipment. I would guess no, but dunno.
    The idea of a stripped down Jeep always appeals to me. Power nothing, less electronics the better. Do your own aftermarket.

    Maybe appealing to some crowd but I'd get a ford raptor any day for extra 9g.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,146
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muse017 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just check their website and .....
    53k+tx for the lowest trim...
    68k +tx for the Rubicon lol
    LOL! So what you're saying is these won't sell.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 12 Honda Odyssey
    Posts
    4,926
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Base prices were posted on previous page:

    Gladiator Sport S: $45,495
    Gladiator Overland: $49,495
    Gladiator Rubicon: $52,495

    Saying a Raptor is 9k more isn't fair when I can go autotrader and find Raptors for $95,000.

    While MSPR is pretty high on these if they are anything like Wranglers they will have amazing residuals and insanely cheap lease payments if you do some homework, once initial hype subsides.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Received an email letter from Cam Clark ford and obviously some of their 19's are for sale for 77k

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flying the friendly skies
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,201
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Raptor vs gladiator isn't a real apples to apples comparison in my opinion. They are different sizes and purposes.

    I'm a blue oval guy, but I'd rather have a gladiator. Then again, I'd rather have a plain F150 than either.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Smiles for free: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411...something-nice

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 12 Honda Odyssey
    Posts
    4,926
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muse017 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Received an email letter from Cam Clark ford and obviously some of their 19's are for sale for 77k
    My point is that if you wait 6-12 months that $68k Gladiator Rubicon will be high $50k range as well. It's a 2020 model year, brand new model, so they will try to cash in early. Eventually they will have the same discounts as everything else.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flying the friendly skies
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,201
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    The guys on my Ford forum are freaking out about how expensive the new bronco will be too. Classic.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Smiles for free: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411...something-nice

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I totally understand what your point is ..
    But 15k over mrsp is hard pill to swallow

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,411
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    If you wait, you probably can get a stripped down Jeep Truck for under $50 all-in in a year or two.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you wait, you probably can get a stripped down Jeep Truck for under $50 all-in in a year or two.
    Which is still insane, because its 50% more than a base model full sized truck. I know they are different markets, but this is why the midsized died in the first place, they priced them too high and everyone decided a full sized was better valued.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2015 Fiesta ST, 2018 GTI PP
    Posts
    4,991
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you wait, you probably can get a stripped down Jeep Truck for under $50 all-in in a year or two.
    Why do you have to wait a year or two if you can buy one a base model right now for $46k?

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flying the friendly skies
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,201
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is still insane, because its 50% more than a base model full sized truck. I know they are different markets, but this is why the midsized died in the first place, they priced them too high and everyone decided a full sized was better valued.
    I think people buying vehicles "by the pound" is becoming a thing of the past. Current tech-savvy generations are less likely to have a strong preference for the largest item.

    Years ago I was in Japan, and I was baffled by a coke vending machine. The medium sized coke was the most expensive and the largest size was less expensive. I asked a local, and she didn't think it was strange at all. She said the most expensive one was most convenient. She said she'd never buy the larger one, regardless of price.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Smiles for free: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411...something-nice

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    100% Bow tie
    Posts
    2,628
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think people buying vehicles "by the pound" is becoming a thing of the past. Current tech-savvy generations are less likely to have a strong preference for the largest item.

    Years ago I was in Japan, and I was baffled by a coke vending machine. The medium sized coke was the most expensive and the largest size was less expensive. I asked a local, and she didn't think it was strange at all. She said the most expensive one was most convenient. She said she'd never buy the larger one, regardless of price.
    Even here often a 2 litre pop bottle can be cheaper than a 1 litre or the small glass bottles. People just will not buy a 2 litre just to have it go flat so will pay more for a smaller size.
    Moran supreme

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2017/2018 Canada equalization payments have been calculated

    By Buster in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 109
    Latest Threads: 01-14-2017, 02:39 PM
  2. Mandatory Rear View Cameras - 2018 May

    By jwslam in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 47
    Latest Threads: 11-22-2016, 09:04 PM
  3. FS: Discovery Park Pass 04/2018 F/G

    By SilverRex in forum Event Tickets / Attraction Passes
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 11-09-2016, 04:01 PM
  4. 2018 Lexus LC500 Proves Lexus Isnít Boring

    By rage2 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 01-12-2016, 11:34 AM
  5. Russia 2018; Qatar 2022

    By kertejud2 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 12-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •