Quantcast
Red Lobster Macleord South - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Red Lobster Macleord South

Originally posted by Maxt
    If the fast food place has a cup that says "Kollidge fund", I'll through some change in it.
    TIL 'through' = 'throw'.

Originally posted by suntan
    If you gave me $5 for delivering $30 worth of pizza, I'd have sucked your dick.

At the very least it means that you're top of the list when there's multiple orders.
    Haha...I'll keep that in mind.
    I do quite often get a sincere "thank you" from the drivers. I delivered Pizza with my 1970 Challenger when I was 19. Couldn't believe how many people never tipped. Tips really helped with my gas money

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by suntan
    If you gave me $5 for delivering $30 worth of pizza, I'd have sucked your dick.
    How far would you go to get this? I know some Beyonders that could use your gentle touch, even if it's just tip for tip.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Tom and I are cut from the same cloth. We should go out for dinner sometime Tom!!

Yes, let's resurrect the Beyond foodie crew. Start off slow with open kitchen and bring a black light, this thread got me all paranoid with my food now.

Let us pick you up though, with this modern society, don't want the metre maid expecting a tip, tow yard expecting a tip.

Yup same thing 20 years ago when I did it. I'd say a good 1/3 of people didn't tip or it'd be "keep the 16 cents".

My Ride
    NC1

A lunch order last month. Very generous company.

Now some treat free delivery as free. Like you don't tip UPS lol

One of these will make up for all the non tippers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Let us pick you up though, with this modern society, don't want the metre maid expecting a tip, tow yard expecting a tip.

Hahaha!!! You took that pic?! That was end of Oct IIRC. I was expecting a ticket..never got one.
    That's why I can never go see the peelers anyore

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by max_boost
    A lunch order last month. Very generous company.

Now some treat free delivery as free. Like you don't tip UPS lol

One of these will make up for all the non tippers.
    percentage (15%) is respectful but not as baller as what the propose standards are (so 20% and up?)... which is crazy, the AMOUNT $120, is already a decent amount. but imagine if this was a Beyonder customer doing their 30%

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Hahaha!!! You took that pic?! That was end of Oct IIRC. I was expecting a ticket..never got one.
    That's why I can never go see the peelers anyore
    Other Beyonder took it... were betting (had you gotten a ticket), when there'd be a "shall I get a ticket for a quick stop in" thread

good good nothing happened

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

For what it's worth, I don't use the new 15 / 18 / 20% tipping scheme or whatever it is now, I guess I am oldschool.

If I have nothing to remark on the service, 15%
    if there were some hic ups that kept me waiting 10%
    Major issues 5%

and I am not afraid to zero it out if it absolutely sucked.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    NC1

percentage (15%) is respectful but not as baller as what the propose standards are (so 20% and up?)... which is crazy, the AMOUNT $120, is already a decent amount. but imagine if this was a Beyonder customer doing their 30%

Other Beyonder took it... were betting (had you gotten a ticket), when there'd be a "shall I get a ticket for a quick stop in" thread

here's another good one at 18% lol
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

So time to twist the topic of a bit. For all the ballers proposing 20 to 25%, does it change when the bill gets higher? or does the % drop lol
    I am user #49

My Ride
    something green

I got the second tip of my 24 year career this last summer, from an American who insisted I take it even though the service call was covered by the landlord. It felt kinda strange to be payed twice for the work, but whatever I guess. 100.00 US on a 160.00 CDN service call.
    I guess tipping trades people is big in the US.
    Too loud for Aspen

Nope, nothing there. Had nowhere to park. Ran in to talk to the contractor for 20 minutes.
    But I did get a parking ticket in Bridgeland AND a photo radar on the same day last week.
    *shrug* cost of doing business!

here's another good one at 18% lol
    That looks like the standard tip that's automatically set for groups of 6 or more. Every restaurant has that policy.
    And probably an expense account. My buddy paid for a restaurant/bar tab for his group of managers...bill came to over $8,000.

Those don't impress me at all.

My Ride
    NC1

^^^

Can definitely agree that if it's on the company's dime, then it doesn't matter 15/20/25% etc. haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Do you guys tip the server the same if the food is fucked up, from no fault of the server? Tipping should be built into the price of the food, and restaurants should just pay the servers a salary, with no tipping allowed. I watched Tom Colicchio bring up this point on First We Feast(Video Here) and it makes a lot of sense.

It's probably a big risk for the restaurant, as there is potential blowback from implementing this system.

Originally posted by npham
    Do you guys tip the server the same if the food is fucked up, from no fault of the server? Tipping should be built into the price of the food, and restaurants should just pay the servers a salary, with no tipping allowed. I watched Tom Colicchio bring up this point on First We Feast(Video Here) and it makes a lot of sense.

It's probably a big risk for the restaurant, as there is potential blowback from implementing this system.
    Personally I feel that system encourages even poorer service as there's no incentive for the waiter to be a "better" server. No matter the level of their service they'll still get their wage.
    I don't know if it's even still done, but years ago at some fine dining restaurants, servers "paid" for their job to the restaurant, and made their money on tips alone. (Like strippers at lap dancing establishments!! )
    As for tipping when the food is no good, that has only happened to me once where it was bad enough I had to say something. Sure there's the "oh I ordered mushrooms with that" and they simply fixed it right away. Didn't affect my tip at all.
    But I was at ORU in Vancouver one time for an expensive meal and ordered a Ribeye. They brought out some wet, grey looking piece of meat that had some weird liquid sauce on it that I couldn't even finish. Looked like it had been steamed. Apparently it was one of their signature dishes. I was almost apologetic to the waiter but told him straight up that that was the worst tasting steak I had ever had in my life. They offered another entree but there was nothing I liked, so they comp'd my entree, and a $100 bottle of wine as well as both our deserts.
    I tipped him extra well.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 12-05-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Originally posted by R-Audi
    When minimum wage goes up my tips are going down...
    This for me. Calgary restaurant (and especially bar/pub) service is already notoriously bad at all but the best restaurants. 9/10 servers seem to do the bare minimum and I am by no means a needy or picky customer.

When servers are making $15/hr I will probably tip between 0% and 10% compared to the current 15%-20% that I pretty much do by default right now.

Typically I get better service at a TGIF or Chili's in the USA than I do at a $100/person restaurants in Calgary. In Calgary, servers know that they can do pretty much what ever they want and still get 15-20% from the majority of customers.

At $15/hr if everyone is doing the bare minimum their job requires, I don't really see why any tipping should happen at all.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Here's a place (Wellington's) I believe deserving good comp, very classic and old school, extremely pleasurable.
    Is this place any good at all, it's been there since I was a kid and still to this day in business. I've been tempted to try it but just never got around to going there.

Originally posted by Sorath
    north america is so fucked. places in asia or europe, you only tip if you get good service, imo it should be like that. unfortunately its not the life we live
    This, pay them flat rate to do a job like EU and Asia. If it was above and beyond, then tip.

To be honest, I actually didn't know it was a thing not to tip in EU after I had a Belgian waitress run all the way after me down the street to tell me "You forgot your €3 monsieur" then a brief statement of her explaining that they get paid decently enough not to require a tip.

Not so much in Asia but I still welcome the nonexistence of no tipping there as well.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Sorath
    north america is so fucked. places in asia or europe, you only tip if you get good service, imo it should be like that. unfortunately its not the life we live
    ya and in asia or europe do people get paid $300k for selling Fords or fixing dents? plz correct me if i'm wrong though.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by n1zm0

Is this place any good at all, it's been there since I was a kid and still to this day in business. I've been tempted to try it but just never got around to going there.

IMO Wellingtons is in the same class as Caesars... old school steakhouse that has been around forever. (And same owners)

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by n1zm0

This place is majestic as fuck IMHO. I don't even look at the crew as servers they're more like temporary butlers, short of wearing white gloves. Steaks usually cooked by that dude with the long sideburns that looks like he came from a top rated Disney movie.

After ur main course before dessert, love how he gets a little handbrush to clean the table cloth.

ya and in asia or europe do people get paid $300k for selling Fords or fixing dents? plz correct me if i'm wrong though.
    Not many Asians likes to drive Fords, and most wouldn't fix their dings or just diy with hammers. Now, ginger beef, chicken fried rice, fortune cookies; now that's a venture to consider there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast