Quantcast
Red Lobster Macleord South - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Lobster Macleord South

It's all about the context, Macleod is more laid back, the atmosphere is much more aggressive in the NE location.

36th Ave = Shoorrrryuken

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by bulaian

You have a point there...

Discussing about how disgusting you are for eating probably 20 000 calories worth of biscuits

I was daydreaming about those fucking biscuits when I typed that response.

Continue on with this disgusting.... I mean discussion.

You can order the biscuits to go or take out.

And FM, a $10 tip... really?

Last edited by Minimalist; 12-02-2016 at 06:19 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Man I don't think I have eaten at Red Lobster since the 90's. Kind of surprised they are still in business.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

8/10 review

Would have gotten perfect score, but:
    -1 for tip.
    -1 for only 1 sweater pic.

No bonus point awarded for a banana size reference pic.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Lease

oh man tough break on the tip, help me out kids, I know I'm getting old so I'm on the old 1999-2005 era when I started dining out as a self working adult (not parents/ trust fund money)... Always under impression 10% standard/passable, 15% is wow, 20% gets her digits, 25% bang in parking lot.

$78.60 bill with $10.00 tip though self admittingly weak don't deny it, but sounds like some of you would throw me in the lobster tank for it.

So has minimum gone above 15% now? 20% for meh, 30% Beyond standard?

^Your range seems to be more what my parent's age group adhere to. I'd say shift the numbers one to the left, so 15% for standard/passable in my opinion. But it's a tip and it's your money, so by all means use your own discretion.

My Ride
    Lease

thanks thanks... I respect majority (i.e. don't be anti social on "purpose")... ok kids I'll bump my passable to 15%+

Would be interesting to do a current 2016 tip poll imo.

Do we shift the normal tip % range back down once the minimum wage hits $15?
    ---

Originally posted by Mixalot27
    ^Your range seems to be more what my parent's age group adhere to. I'd say shift the numbers one to the left, so 15% for standard/passable in my opinion. But it's a tip and it's your money, so by all means use your own discretion.
    I've never understood this reasoning: "10% used to be the standard but because of inflation it should be 15%".
    How the fuck does inflation equate to a higher percentage??? So, what....50 years from now a 65% tip will be standard?!! Gee, can't wait til a server should be getting 95% tip!

The compensation for inflation is reflected in the cost of the meal. 10% of a $40 meal 30 years ago equals 10% of a $80 meal in today's dollars. The server is getting double what their colleagues formerly got.

So Fuck that....If I get standard service, (which is a stretch in Calgary nowadays) you're going to get a standard 10%!! Good service maybe 15, exceptional service 20! Just like it's always been.

Tom left his server ~12%?....perfect!!

$10 times half a dozen tables (probably more) within an hour is $60/hour in tips. Whine about that and you can get an uppercut.

Originally posted by C_Dave45

I've never understood this reasoning: "10% used to be the standard but because of inflation it should be 15%".
    How the fuck does inflation equate to a higher percentage??? So, what....50 years from now a 65% tip will be standard?!! Gee, can't wait til a server should be getting 95% tip!

Exactly.

To add, most people would suggest that service, "ain't what it used to be". If one believes that, then the standard tip percentage should have been going down.

Other than that, who the hell decides what's a "standard" tip?

Smile

RL is a two billion dollar company (now privately owned by an investment bank), I was a small stock holder before the split with Olive Garden (Darden). Sold too early as usual...

You poor tippers eat plenty of spit and body fluids. Better get over to the free clinic and test-for-hep.

Best read, when poor tippers justify their ways. Loving it. I'd like a few stories of how you bought your wife a washing machine or other cleaning device for their birthday. You know you did.

Tips are now split with the bar, kitchen and bus-boys. Sometimes management if the place is run by assholes. The better waiters will avoid this management tax and go elsewhere for work. Normally it is 10-20% of the waiter's billed amount for the shift. So if you tip like a cheap prick, there is cash coming out of the waiter's pocket to cover the funds. The highest earners in a restaurant are the bartenders, sometimes earning more than management.

No one goes through six tables every 30 minutes unless you are Starbucks. More like six tables a night in a good place as many linger for hours. This is why McDonald's has uncomfortable chairs, to get you to leave.

Some of you need to work a shift in the real service industry and know what you are talking about. I did in university, so there.

Dave thinks anyone but can live on $100 a day in Calgary. No wonder he can't get anyone to work for him but family. Give the kid a raise Dave! LOL
    Last edited by Minimalist; 12-03-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Other than that, who the hell decides what's a "standard" tip?
    By "standard" I was referring to what I notice those around me tipping. When I dine with people my parent's age the number is around 10%. When I dine with people of my generation or younger, the number is around 15%. Why it is like that or how the 5% increase came about, I have no idea.

Originally posted by Minimalist

Some of you need to work a shift in the real service industry and know what you are talking about. I did in university, so there.

Dave thinks anyone but can live on $100 a day in Calgary. No wonder he can't get anyone to work for him but family. Give the kid a raise Dave! LOL
    Fuck you.

I worked in the restaurant business both in the back end and the front end all through high school and my dad was a waiter for 15 years.

We had dinner with friends at the Keg on Saturday. We were in and out, the 4 of us in an hour and a half. Our waitress was left with $95 for her time. ONE table.

Oh and those that work for me by the hour... $40 and $45 an hour is what I pay. Piece work they average $400-500 per day.
    Is that too cheap for you?
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 12-03-2016 at 06:27 PM.

That's exactly what I'm asking as well Mix.

So, in 10 years, will an additional 30% be the norm? And why is this type of nonsense only acceptable and tolerated in the restaurant industry?

Hey Dave, you were personable, prompt, and the work was exceptional. So, I'm giving you a tip, but I doubt you would be expecting one, let alone an additional 20%.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I thought the standard moved to 20% a few years ago?

Fuck you.

I worked in the restaurant business both in the back end and the front end all through high school and my dad was a waiter for 15 years.

We had dinner with friends at the Keg on Saturday. We were in and out, the 4 of us in an hour and a half. Our waitress was left with $95 for her time. ONE table.

Oh and those that work for me by the hour... $40 and $45 an hour is what I pay. Piece work they average $400-500 per day.
    Is that too cheap for you?

Everything you've written counters all you've written previously on Beyond. Why the aggression? It only works in caps.
    Last edited by Minimalist; 12-03-2016 at 06:44 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Double the GST when it was 7% = 14%
    Triple the GST since it's 5% = 15%

Since Earls does 16% flat that's probably more than sufficient. Now of course it can vary depending on the actual level of service received and or connection etc. If you feel good, tip more etc. Just keep in mind some people just don't tip and you are going to have those. Some will over tip so in the end it all balances out. Anyone who works in the industry knows this lol

Now for a baller like Tomco it should be 20% at all times. It's just giving back for lol

Everyone gets so riled up over tipping haha End of the day, it's more of a suggested number.

Personally:

Asian place communal tips = 10%
    Typical white place Dennys/BP etc = 15%
    Nicer Earls/Cactus etc = 20%

If it's a friend or friend of a friend serving/supporting it's 25 to 50% lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Minimalist

Everything you've written counters all you've written previously. Pick a story Dave. And reel in the aggression, save it for when store clerks yell at you.
    Show me example.
    Anyone that knows me personally knows I don't lie or bullshit about my life.
    You don't know me. You can kiss my ass if you don't believe me. Like I give a shit. You made an incorrect assumption about me. I corrected you.
    I suppose you're the type that jerked off into a customers plate when he got stiffed eh?
    I figured as much.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

The OPs tip isn't that bad lol.

I do 10% for not so good service.
    15% for regular service
    Then I go up from there if I'm happy.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast