Quantcast
Calgary's Worst Dealerships - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary's Worst Dealerships

Default Calgary's Worst Dealerships

Background:
    I've been in the market to purchase a new car for a couple of weeks now (previous car was a total loss) so I’ve been hitting up a lot of dealerships because I’d like to buy a clean (Car Proof) and inspected car. I’m in the market for a Civic, Rogue or CRV. My hunt started with a list of vehicles that dealers had and in the process of elimination, my hunt lead me to Sunridge Nissan to seek out a 5 used Rogue’s.

Most of the dealerships online have the listing setup to view the car proof and a bunch of photos online to make life a lot easier. Sunridge Nissan is one of the dealers that don’t. So I email them asking to see the car proof. I get the general response saying that “…I’ve talk to the sales manager and the vehicle is still available and I’ve assigned CS#1 (C*ck S*cker) to contact you.” A few minutes later I get an email from CS#1 telling me that the Rogue is available and when would you like to come in. I said to myself…great! I won’t respond, I’ll go and just have a look at the Rogue tonight.

I get to the dealership to be greeted by a guy that’s dressed like his going to the gym (very unprofessional). I ask him a few simple questions and he tells me that they don’t have any used cars here, please go to 2 blocks west and that’s where you can see the car. So I get back in my car and drive up to the used car dealership. Before I even open my mouth, the sales guy…CS#2 opens his mouth and say’s “you’re here to look at the Rogue” I was a little surprised and said “yes” and responded “Great, I got a call letting me know you were coming down, please have a seat in my office and I’ll be right with you” so we go sit at his desk and wait about 15 minutes before his done shooting the shit with his buddies in the copy room and comes to talk to us. I had a list and it broke down everything including the KM an price, so I ask him, I would first like to see the car proofs (of the 5 Rogue’s) I had on the list. He asked for the list, I gave him the list. His first comment was “that’s too many vehicles to pull, could you pick a couple that you’d like to see” I was blown away because all the other dealerships I went to, they had the car proof, service record, inspection list all in a nice folder. So I said okay, I picked the two cheapest one’s on the list. He tells me, let me have a look if their available. After a few clicks, says these two vehicles have been sold. So I call him out on it, telling him CS#1 told me that it was available and then he pondered for a bit and started arguing with me that no that false and tells me “the website is managed by another company and it takes them a few weeks to update the list” which you’d agree is complete bullshit. Typical sales gimmick showing cars on your website that’s too good to be true, get the customer in the door and then sell him/her something they don’t want. So after a bit of a heated conversation, he says let me have a look if anything else is available…after a looking through his list (completely different than the website) he find two Rogue’s (one without a price and one with a price). He tells me he’ll be right back to see if they are available….again goes to the copy room (which I can see) laughing and shooting the shit and comes back after 20 minutes. He tells me yes, the two are available and I’ll be back with the car proof…again goes into the copy room to shoot the shit and comes back after 10 minutes…he did this a couple of times after these two times and made us wait for roughly an hour. I forgot to mention, he had another customer waiting for the same time amount while he “dicked” us around. Finally after wasting an hour, I had enough and told him, I’ve got another appointment and I’m leaving. Took his card which I threw away in the parking lot and left.

So long story short, this is probably by far my worst experience I had with any dealership. So I was enlightened by it and thought I’d ask everyone what their experience has been and a list of dealerships that should be avoid. I know that Gallery of Fine Cars is high on the list.
    Last edited by TL911; 12-02-2016 at 11:57 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Was his name Kunal Anand?

Sunridge has a poor reputation on Beyond.

My Ride
    V8s

WORST*

That's all I have to add.

If you end up buying a Honda, stay away from Honda West - they are the Sunridge Nissan equivalent.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by cjblair
    WORST*

That's all I have to add.
    This. Though I've seen many posts with English written worse than his.
    Also, agree that Honda West used car sales was awful though not to OP's extent.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Curious to know why you're shopping for these run of the mill vehicles at dealers? Why do you want to pay their markup? If you need financing visit the bank, then go on Kijiji.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by revelations

Fucking douchebag is a disgrace to that logo behind him.

I can't believe you gave him that much of your time. I would have walked out while he was taking 20 minutes to pull a carproof...
    dv/dt

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If you want to be treated like an idiot and waste your time completely, nothing beats a Chrysler dealership... pick any

No his name was David Torres.

Went to Honda West on Saturday to check out a Civic EX...It was pathetic as well.

Worse...has been changed to Worst ahahahahah didn't even notice that until you pointed it out!

I've been looking at the dealerships because Kijiji/Auto Trader has vehicles priced around the same as the dealers. And out of the two private ones i looked at, both refused to buy/show me the car proof. So i said to myself....if i pay the GST/dealer fee...i get a certified car that has been through an inspection (which i would get done if i was buying private) and i get to have a look at the car proof.

Originally posted by zieg
    I can't believe you gave him that much of your time. I would have walked out while he was taking 20 minutes to pull a carproof...
    True

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ercchry
    If you want to be treated like an idiot and waste your time completely, nothing beats a Chrysler dealership... pick any
    So true. My last 7 or 8 vehicle purchases have been from dealers, and the worst of them was Crowfoot Dodge. Those guys are fucking scammers, and I hope Rage2 gets a letter for this asking to take it down.

Seriously, if anyone goes to Crowfoot Dodge, they are fucking retards. Crowfoot Dodge are scammers, 100% Fuck Crowfoot Dodge, I hope this lands high on google searches for Crowfoot Dodge as they are shady as fuck!

ok, working past that, the Nissan dealer in the Glenmore auto mall treated me pretty well and had good service when I was on their lot. Didn't buy anything from them, but they were nice and friendly!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The really funny thing is that Kijiji - especially for vehicles over $10K, and not from the NE - has FAR more honest people than the average used car lot.

I've bought 1/2 dozen vehicles the last 10 years on Kijiji and its been fantastic. Pull the car proof, get a mechanical done and you're all set.

Can whomever fixed the grammatical error also correct his constant error in Rouge... maybe that is why the dealership was wasting your time

Any thoughts on Village Honda? There is a Civic at Heninger and Calgary Honda.

Originally posted by colinxx235
    Can whomever fixed the grammatical error also correct his constant error in Rouge... maybe that is why the dealership was wasting your time
    Fixed hahahahh

My Ride
    Blue boy

The really funny thing is that Kijiji - especially for vehicles over $10K, and not from the NE - has FAR more honest people than the average used car lot.

I've bought 1/2 dozen vehicles the last 10 years on Kijiji and its been fantastic. Pull the car proof, get a mechanical done and you're all set.
    Everything under 10k lately is a NE special, rebuilt or hail damaged.

My Ride
    K-car

Originally posted by G-ZUS

Everything under 10k lately is a NE special, rebuilt or hail damaged.

I stop reading as soon as the ad reads "active title" Most car sellers have no idea what that means, but some curber that just bought it at Impact will always advertise ACTIVE as it gets announced 300 times as they sell any car there.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by TL911

No his name was David Torres.

Went to Honda West on Saturday to check out a Civic EX...It was pathetic as well.

Worse...has been changed to Worst ahahahahah didn't even notice that until you pointed it out!

I've been looking at the dealerships because Kijiji/Auto Trader has vehicles priced around the same as the dealers. And out of the two private ones i looked at, both refused to buy/show me the car proof. So i said to myself....if i pay the GST/dealer fee...i get a certified car that has been through an inspection (which i would get done if i was buying private) and i get to have a look at the car proof.

Originally posted by spikerS

So true. My last 7 or 8 vehicle purchases have been from dealers, and the worst of them was Crowfoot Dodge. Those guys are fucking scammers, and I hope Rage2 gets a letter for this asking to take it down.

Seriously, if anyone goes to Crowfoot Dodge, they are fucking retards. Crowfoot Dodge are scammers, 100% Fuck Crowfoot Dodge, I hope this lands high on google searches for Crowfoot Dodge as they are shady as fuck!

ok, working past that, the Nissan dealer in the Glenmore auto mall treated me pretty well and had good service when I was on their lot. Didn't buy anything from them, but they were nice and friendly!
    No I hope David finds this thread so the show can start already.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by msommers

No I hope David finds this thread so the show can start already.
    Won't happen. He's a soccer player, and a director. Different guys but google doesn't single out this David.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast