Quantcast
Calgary's Worst Dealerships - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Calgary's Worst Dealerships

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Dealt with them via email only, so not much help, but their 'best' prices were quite high. Go to Okotoks Honda if you don't want your time wasted, but it might be harder if you're looking used.
    Okotoks Honda used department is greasy too.

Originally posted by mrsingh

+1 on Ryan, definitely worth the drive up. Had the easiest, most pain free experience ever getting a vehicle from him.
    Another +1 for Ryan. Sadly ICBC was the one that gave me the runaround and prevented me from getting a car

Is it even possible for used car dealerships or used sales departments to not be greasy? It's the nature of the business model and the type of clients they have to deal with.

Thanks guys! I did go ahead and pull the trigger on a Civic over the weekend. I dealt with Village Honda. The guy i dealt with knew his shit and didn't bullshit me around. He was straight forward, to the point and didn't waste my time.

I did have a look at a few used ones on Friday. I ended up buying two car proof's. After looking at them, i wasn't impressed because both cars had a claim on it (one for around 6k and the other 11k). And when I initially asked the owner if their were any claims, the answer was no.

I'm still in the market for another vehicle and will be emailing Ryan to see if he can hook me up.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-16-2019 at 02:58 PM.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I have had great customer service on both Mercedes-Benz dealerships but the greasiest I heard based from my good friend's experience grabbing a Rogue during Nissan Days of Deal a few months ago goes to Sunridge Nissan.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Yeah I could see that

I've only ever dealt with the new side and service department
    My Parents have bought several cars from Honda West on the new side and have seemed to like it. Probably depends on who you get.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Yeah I could see that

I've only ever dealt with the new side and service department
    Honda West's new side is *HORRIBLE*. This is based on multiple experiences with multiple sales people. Worst dealership experience I have had, each separate time. Their service dept. is just as bad (Have also used multiple times for oil changes).

The only time I dealt with their used dept. was in 2011 and they accepted my first offer, didn't try to sell me anything else, and was relatively smooth. Could be different now too. Just stay away from their new dept.

Originally posted by cjblair

Yeah, that's definitely a dick move. Not like the employees are busy trying to serve customers, better give them the job of cleaning up after you as well.
    Have you seen some of the cashiers? They're so god damn slow and there's lineups with 15 people in them and 2 cashiers open.

I'm not talking about leaving my basket if there's two people ahead of me haha

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Dumbass17

Have you seen some of the cashiers? They're so god damn slow and there's lineups with 15 people in them and 2 cashiers open.

I'm not talking about leaving my basket if there's two people ahead of me haha
    You're talking about YOU took the time to fill a basket, but expect SOMEONE ELSE to clean up after you when you decide you don't want it.

On that note, where do you live? My dog might come shit on your lawn, but because I don't want to pick up the shit and take it with me it's going to stay there.

Back at op: did you buy new at village?

@jwslam...Bought used, the sales guy was a car junky and knows everything about Honda's and Acura's.

i missed out on a 2012 TL thou.

So why is that the whole of car sales seems to have such a bad rap? Wouldn't such poor service as described be counterproductive to the whole idea of being in business?

Anyway, EPIC Simpsons in which Homer visits Crazy Vaclav's used cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfkdM-WraiY

Originally posted by jwslam

You're talking about YOU took the time to fill a basket, but expect SOMEONE ELSE to clean up after you when you decide you don't want it.
    Well it does send a good message to the store.

Today I walked into a Dollarrama to get some low cost Panasonic batteries and Cheddar Bugles. There was one cashier for 4 tills, and that cashier was a new kid that was understandably oblivious to the 20 or so pissed off people in line.

I walked up to the till and calmly told him that he might want to call for help. He did so, and within seconds, 2 other cashiers showed up.

Why wasn't someone watching out for the new guy, and why didn't anyone in line say anything about it?

IMO though, I understand why one could get so fed up that they set their basket down and walk away.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Originally posted by jwslam

On that note, where do you live? My dog might come shit on your lawn, but because I don't want to pick up the shit and take it with me it's going to stay there.

Back at op: did you buy new at village?
    Like I said not surprised he's drives an X5, certainly fits the profile. Dick.

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

Like I said not surprised he's drives an X5, certainly fits the profile. Dick.
    Jealousy is strong in this one.

Also, you guys need to calm down, it's customer service. Don't pretend you've never waited in line and been annoyed and didn't want to give the store your business. Oh sorry, I forgot, it's a message board and you're all perfect with 6 packs and nice cars that aren't a bmw. Grow up, idiots.
    Last edited by Dumbass17; 12-08-2016 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Wow, the entitled prick who leaves his full grocery basket on the floor and leaves is telling everyone to grow up haha haha... Keep perpetuating the BMW stereotype bud. Nothing to do with jealousy, the fact that you assume that speaks volumes about your attitude
    Last edited by JohnnyHockey; 12-08-2016 at 11:25 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm surprised you don't use Superstore Click and Collect. It's like bottle service for grocery shopping. Perfect for us BMW and Mercedes d-bags haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Jealousy is strong in this one.

Love that reaction.

Fuck i love this place
    Gotta love it when a car dealer thread turns into a grocery line debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by A790

Love that reaction.
    it's like he's just asking to be shit on...I don't get it. Comes into a thread, says something fucking retarded that has nothing to do with the original topic, and perpetuates it even more with shit like 'you jelly of my 10 year old X5 brah'

wtf?
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast