Quantcast
Heated Parking Downtown - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Heated Parking Downtown

My Ride
    V8s

Default Heated Parking Downtown

For all those that drive to work DT, where do you park? For the time being, I'm looking for the cheapest daily rate for heated parking. Like to be within a few blocks of 4th Ave and Centre St, that's roughly where my office is.

I saw U/G at the bow was $17/day or something, which seems really cheap. Any other good spots around there?

Lastly, for those that use this parking, what time does it fill up by in the morning?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I got a pretty good deal for an open lot from cheapparkingcalgary last Christmas. Might be worth a look? Looks like bow valley square is an option for about the going rate for covered heated monthly. Which is like 500.

There is something to be said for having a monthly pass too as paying at the machines every day for daily gets old and costs really add up esp lots that don't let you come and go during the day.

James short is a good parkade as well but I don't know what the price is anymore, they do offer a limited number of monthly passes. Doubt it's less than 17 a day at the bow if that is true.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Thanks for that site. Looks like there's a couple options there within 2 blocks of my office for under $350. Also the Bow is around the $350 mark as well.

My Ride
    Bicycle

$500/mth for Bow Valley square, damn that's cheap.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by cjblair
    Thanks for that site. Looks like there's a couple options there within 2 blocks of my office for under $350. Also the Bow is around the $350 mark as well.

The waiting list for the Bow is well over six months. That being said it is $350+tax for a reserved spot which is a good price for that location.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    $500/mth for Bow Valley square, damn that's cheap.
    I cannot justify calling what is greater than most people's car payment cheap. That being said, it is good to see some of these parking prices starting to trend downward.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by mrsingh
    I cannot justify calling what is greater than most people's car payment cheap. That being said, it is good to see some of these parking prices starting to trend downward.
    Relatively I guess but if we ever fill up all these new towers again, I'm sure prices will go back to $700+ /month.

My Ride
    TL

i live two blocks from 4th and centre and my underground parkade is full of DT workers. It's crazy how I struggle to leave FOR work some mornings because of the influx of traffic coming into my building parkade

Originally posted by mrsingh

Most people parking there are paying that off in their first 15 minutes of morning coffee and internet surfing. 2min. piss break if we're talking, "beyondballer" Rage2 status :p

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I used to have monthly parking at the Bow. Was paying just over $500 a month but I cancelled after 1.5 years. Soon after they dropped the rate to ~$310 a month and I asked the lady if I can get back on since I still have the card. She said they discarded my banking info already and would need to get back on the waiting list.

$17 daily is probably the cheapest for that area. The outdoor Impark lot across the street is still $24 a day. The Bow is getting busy though. At 6am I used to be able to pick my parking stalls but now you might have to go to a different floor.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My wife just picked up a reserved spot underneath the dragon mall in china town. The exit is onto 4th st sw between center and 1st se. She pays $330 a month, and its heated. No complaints so far.

The lot is managed by impark
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Thought I would bump this thread instead of starting another.

Looking to get another monthly spot on the north end of DT, anyone know of any well priced lots?

Looking for heated and covered. Looks like Jamieson Place is best deal at 435 for P5 only (who cares).

Cheap parking Calgary looks like it hasn’t been updated in a couple years which used to be my go to for finding deals.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Eau Claire market used to be reasonable. Also check out Eau Claire place
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Cheap parking Calgary looks like it hasn’t been updated in a couple years which used to be my go to for finding deals.
    http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/heate...6th-avenue-sw/

Since they listed Brookfield place, how out of date could they be?

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Bow Valley is $495, James Short is $445, Suncor is $530. (My Business has stalls in all three currently)

Word of warning with James Short, I have a few clients who park there and there have been a few break ins lately... not as secure as some others around the area. Main reason its popular is the height, its ~6'8 compared to 6'6 at Suncor and 6'2 (or 0) at BVS. Interestingly enough, while BVS is 6'2, most the the parkade is quite high, while Suncor has quite a few pipes, sprinklers and signs that easily hit 6'6 mark.

If you are confined to a certain level, Id try it out daily to see how long it takes to get out. I was in Jamieson a number of years ago and it was always delayed from people trying to turn west even though signs said you couldnt. (Before Calgary Place was finished, it may be different now)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/heate...6th-avenue-sw/

Since they listed Brookfield place, how out of date could they be?
    I haven’t seen anything on that website change in at least a year. That lot has been open a while. So that’s fairly out of date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Bow Valley is $495, James Short is $445, Suncor is $530. (My Business has stalls in all three currently)

Word of warning with James Short, I have a few clients who park there and there have been a few break ins lately... not as secure as some others around the area. Main reason its popular is the height, its ~6'8 compared to 6'6 at Suncor and 6'2 (or 0) at BVS. Interestingly enough, while BVS is 6'2, most the the parkade is quite high, while Suncor has quite a few pipes, sprinklers and signs that easily hit 6'6 mark.

If you are confined to a certain level, Id try it out daily to see how long it takes to get out. I was in Jamieson a number of years ago and it was always delayed from people trying to turn west even though signs said you couldnt. (Before Calgary Place was finished, it may be different now)
    Funny I have been parking in a Calgary place for the last couple months, their Monday and Friday cheap days bring the overall average down to ~500. But I’m getting sick of using the machine every day not going to lie.

Fortunately I would be going east. It did look a bit backed up this afternoon though. So that’s something to consider.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-17-2018 at 05:26 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'd let you park in my spot underground cheap but it's out of the way near Stampede Station. PM if it interests you.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ bit far, that’s almost as far as I live from DT haha

Thanks though!

I’m probabaly going to go with jamieson since I’m actually working there right now. Eau Claire is another good option though for substantial savings.

Just wondering if there was any deals I was missing.

fact.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Dang prices are back high again. The Bow (Encana) was at $341.xx after tax. For May it goes up to $393.xx for non reserved. Looks to be a bargain!

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post

Word of warning with James Short, I have a few clients who park there and there have been a few break ins lately... not as secure as some others around the area. Main reason its popular is the height, its ~6'8.
    Yup I have a monthly spot in James Short and picked it over others due to the height. My 6'7 inch Sequoia has 1 inch to spare and I am not the only one.

I have also noticed more unsavoryness as of late. More and more homeless including full out shopping carts filled with stuff, people shooting up, usually between p3 & p4. Also the stairwell can be quite, aromatic. Mixture of pee, tobacco, weed and whatever else. More grafitti too. I think the big reason is because it is a public lot. Fortunately no break-ins yet.

Edit: JS is $467.25 after tax
    Last edited by canadian_hustla; 04-18-2018 at 10:09 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_hustla View Post
    I have also noticed more unsavoryness as of late. More and more homeless including full out shopping carts filled with stuff, people shooting up, usually between p3 & p4. Also the stairwell can be quite, aromatic. Mixture of pee, tobacco, weed and whatever else. More grafitti too. I think the big reason is because it is a public lot. Fortunately no break-ins yet.
    Same everywhere, especially bad this winter. I have seen quite a few shattered windows at my lot at beltline. And stairwell has been a collection of needles/pee/condoms that I stop going thru it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast