Quantcast
Man who rode the scooter/moped down QEII - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Man who rode the scooter/moped down QEII

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Interesting, I wonder if it's the same guy who I have seen right by my work. He used to leave his scooter by the bus stop with a bike lock, and walk a couple of blocks to the new Atco building they are building near mount royal. Saw it every day as I work right in front of the bus stop. Saw this last winter, haven't seen him there in the last 3 month or so.

Originally posted by HomespunLobster

True driving for conditions, nothing illegal for riding in winter on his moped. You've got me on the fact nothing to really be charged on. I'll admit to that.
    Although quite unorthodox and dangerous, there are no laws in place in Alberta banning motorcycles/mopeds in the winter. I do not see why there is so much hate on the guy... He is doing what he deems necessary to provide for his family. Who knows what his life story is, but if this is the best way he can provide then all the power to him for not being lazy and looking for an excuse.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by HomespunLobster

True driving for conditions, nothing illegal for riding in winter on his moped. You've got me on the fact nothing to really be charged on. I'll admit to that.
    Actually

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...m-Speed-Limits

Plenty of things he could be ticketed for. Especially if he was driving on the shoulder, which is super illegal.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-16-2019 at 02:58 PM.

I'm not going to pretend to know his story but isn't that a Vespa? Vespas aren't exactly super cheap...

With the amount a Vespa costs you could buy an old accent and pay for gas and insurance for a year at least.

Absolutely no excuse around town though. You can get anywhere in town on transit and/or a bicycle...

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Actually

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...m-Speed-Limits

Plenty of things he could be ticketed for. Especially if he was driving on the shoulder, which is super illegal.
    Cyclists ride in the shoulder of Stoney all the time??? They are probably going the same speed too.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

his 'church' claims he is the sweetest man ever. I wonder how many churches are helping all the people that have been with them for all these years in the good times

Probably not. Just asking for 10% of your income or w/e it is. Fucking pizza shit

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13

Cyclists ride in the shoulder of Stoney all the time??? They are probably going the same speed too.
    And should be ticketed. As should any cyclist blocking the free-flow of traffic by biking too slow.

But could you IMAGINE the outrage from a vocal minority if the police ticketed someone for that?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'm not sure if you can ticket a cyclist for riding in the shoulder on a highway. Can you even ticket a cyclist for riding in a lane where there is a shoulder? What's the law on this?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

So what, people decided to do something for someone. It's not your money to judge so shut up.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Somewhat related... It was my sister in law who filmed this... got all sorts of nasty emails etc about it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Somewhat related... It was my sister in law who filmed this... got all sorts of nasty emails etc about it.
    As in filming while driving?

So what, people decided to do something for someone. It's not your money to judge so shut up.
    I think he should be helped. I don't think giving him a car is the right kind of help if his original M.O. is he can't afford to operate one. He'll probably sell the car and go back to moped once the media attention dies down and we are back dealing with a moped on QE2 in -30c and again become a public safety issue.

So this should not be encouraged.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-07-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Originally posted by R-Audi
    We'll need pics of SIL to determine our level of outrage.

My Ride
    2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler

So take this with a grain of salt, but apparently my co-worker knows someone who knows the scooter rider.

He said that apparently the man is the sweetest person, but a couple bricks short of a load (which makes sense seeing how we all became aware of him). He also mentioned that he absolutely loves that scooter and no longer wants a car. Apparently, the thought is if he gets a car from this campaign he would just sell it, use the money elsewhere, and keep riding the scooter.

Can't verify the full authenticity of the above comments, but some of them seem to stack up with other things I have read.

Either way, I am so opposed to crowd funding peoples causes. If you have a sick pet, sick kid and you are having issues affording things, I guess you should have thought of that before getting/having them. People that are not suffering from physical/mental disabilities need to be responsible for their own lives and lives of people/animals that they decide to take care of.

Originally posted by kragnorok
    So take this with a grain of salt, but apparently my co-worker knows someone who knows the scooter rider.

He said that apparently the man is the sweetest person, but a couple bricks short of a load (which makes sense seeing how we all became aware of him). He also mentioned that he absolutely loves that scooter and no longer wants a car. Apparently, the thought is if he gets a car from this campaign he would just sell it, use the money elsewhere, and keep riding the scooter.
    Not surprised.

Either way, I am so opposed to crowd funding peoples causes. If you have a sick pet, sick kid and you are having issues affording things, I guess you should have thought of that before getting/having them. People that are not suffering from physical/mental disabilities need to be responsible for their own lives and lives of people/animals that they decide to take care of.
    Begging is fine. Hey it's not like taxes where the gov't holds a gun to your head about it.

All i know is that if buddy can get away with this shit, im taking the old ski-doo down deerfoot with an automaxx rep draped over the front of the seat while suckin' me dry through my one piece sun ice suit.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Epididymitis
    All i know is that if buddy can get away with this shit, im taking the old ski-doo down deerfoot with an automaxx rep draped over the front of the seat while suckin' me dry through my one piece sun ice suit.
    Where's the proove?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Epididymitis
    Your sled is registered/insured for use on public roads?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by FraserB

Your sled is registered/insured for use on public roads?

Shit no, rules dont apply to me because ive befallen hard times.

Originally posted by suntan
    We'll need pics of SIL to determine our level of outrage.
    Clearly you didn't read the article.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast