Quantcast
Man who rode the scooter/moped down QEII - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Man who rode the scooter/moped down QEII

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by kragnorok
    He said that apparently the man is the sweetest person, but a couple bricks short of a load (which makes sense seeing how we all became aware of him).
    Now you remind me of this :

My Ride
    2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler

Originally posted by Xtrema

Now you remind me of this :

Haha ya, definitely. Someone had a good Dumb and Dumber reference earlier in the thread too, but it's just too fitting.

Originally posted by roopi

Clearly you didn't read the article.
    That's what I was thinking haha.

She was at an open house I went into not long ago, seemed like a nice lady.

I was hoping for better pictures.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by kragnorok

Either way, I am so opposed to crowd funding peoples causes. If you have a sick pet, sick kid and you are having issues affording things, I guess you should have thought of that before getting/having them. People that are not suffering from physical/mental disabilities need to be responsible for their own lives and lives of people/animals that they decide to take care of.
    If people want to help, let them help. Call me "naive" or "a sucker", but I'd rather give a beggar, or someone in need, some money in hopes that they would do something good with it, than not donate out of fear they would put it to waste.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by Xtrema

As in filming while driving?

Started with that, (Obviously in passenger seat) but more so in making fun of someone in a bad situation. (Which clearly and luckily there werent any comments like that made)

Really hope for all of this that the guy is actually a stand up person that deserved this... and doesnt go and sell the car etc.

My Ride

Originally posted by sexualbanana

If people want to help, let them help. Call me "naive" or "a sucker", but I'd rather give a beggar, or someone in need, some money in hopes that they would do something good with it, than not donate out of fear they would put it to waste.
    I know I can come off a bit strong about it, I guess I can clarify a bit to maybe not sound as much like a heartless asshole hah.

Really, When something like this is started FOR someone else or someone decides to give money to a homeless person, all power to them. The really big issue I have is when people create their own GoFundMe's and things like that to deal with the issues I mentioned before. I still have problems with all of it, but I understand people wanting to support others in these situations, I just will not be a part of it.

I tend to support reputable causes where there is absolutely no way the intended recipients can support themselves financially (ie animals). Also on the selfish side, and I think a lot of people do this, diseases that have affected my family directly.

^ I have no problem with gofundme but I see so many examples where people aren't deserving or the donators are misguided.

ie: person sets up gofundme because they have no money to start a business- ends up they live in a nice home and are leasing expensive brand new vehicles. Hardly the definition of 'starving entrepreneur just trying to make a go of it'.

Or the 'I can't pay my bills' - but rides a bike worth more than many people's cars.

If someone is setting up a gofundme because they can't put food on the table that is one thing. If they are doing it because they don't want to make a sacrifice that people make every day then it's not a good cause. But in the later case people usually spin their story to catch the bleeding hearts instead of being honest. Like the guy on the street corner with a sign that says "need money for food" when that isn't where it's going...

My Ride
    NC1

it's your money you can give it away to whoever whatever. some people do it to make themselves feel good and some do it to make others feel good.

there will always be a new story out there to trigger emo reactions.....which is good.....people still care
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Hard times should breed driver and motivation to better your situation, handouts dilute this drive and in return create a cycle of dependency.... long live capitalism!!!

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost
    it's your money you can give it away to whoever whatever. some people do it to make themselves feel good and some do it to make others feel good.

there will always be a new story out there to trigger emo reactions.....which is good.....people still care
    People caring is definitely a good thing. I think due to my career in the Security world I don't trust most people right away. My wife being a nurse dealing with a lot of crazy shit with newborn babies (addiction, physical abuse, etc) due to the mother, you can easily see the worst in people.

I am glad there are people out there that aren't as jaded as me!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by max_boost

That's what I meant, I just let me EFL get in the way.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

In an ideal world, neighbours would help out neighbours and local community would help out those in need within said community. If this is still how things were done we would not need to have an expensive welfare system that eats money from the public. Unfortunately people in general are not very interested in helping directly anymore so we rely on a welfare system.

My point being that to me, gofundme accounts are a nice way for people to help out their neighbours and community without having it forced upon them by government, so if people are having a bit of trouble in their lives and are asking for help, who am I to call them out on it. I can either give them money or choose not to. No skin off my back at all.

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

According to the CBC article he was on his way to church in Airdrie that day. personally I would sympathize for him more if he was trying to get to work and make ends meet instead of risking his ass to go to church....

Danger is his middle name.

But I'm ok with it. Although he is a slight hazard to others on the road, he is by far taking most of the risk on his own shoulders. In India, a brand new TATA starts at $2,800. Mexican cars also have very little in the way of crash protection.

Is the $1 million Cessna Citation airplane a hazard compared to a $2 million version? Should you even be flying at all if you are less than a $10 millionaire?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-07-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by '93 SR-V
    According to the CBC article he was on his way to church in Airdrie that day. personally I would sympathize for him more if he was trying to get to work and make ends meet instead of risking his ass to go to church....
    If all of this is true I really hope the money makes it to his family. I can't imagine living in a household where a parent was this out of it. Sad thing is I bet people at the church look at this as his devotion to god. That is how mental illness goes untreated....

Originally posted by J-hop

If all of this is true I really hope the money makes it to his family. I can't imagine living in a household where a parent was this out of it. Sad thing is I bet people at the church look at this as his devotion to god. That is how mental illness goes untreated....
    You guys do realize that many people who go to church are not simply god fearing zealots who simply eat, sleep, shit and worship.

Maybe this guy was going to church because that day they were volunteering to feed the homeless, or they were doing a toy drive for kids with cancer, or they maybe were to prepare meals for the elderly, or whatever...

You may not agree with people who practice religion, but being judgemental without knowing a singe thing about this guy other than a news article sure isn't doing your cause any favours...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by tirebob
    You guys do realize that many people who go to church are not simply god fearing zealots who simply eat, sleep, shit and worship.

Maybe this guy was going to church because that day they were volunteering to feed the homeless, or they were doing a toy drive for kids with cancer, or they maybe were to prepare meals for the elderly, or whatever...

You may not agree with people who practice religion, but being judgemental without knowing a singe thing about this guy other than a news article sure isn't doing your cause any favours...
    If he's single, he's quite irresponsible to their fellow drivers on QE2.

If he has a family, he's quite irresponsible to his family by putting himself in such dangerous situation, especially he is the bread winner.

The only situation where what he did is acceptable is a family member is dying in a hospital somewhere and that's all he can use to get there.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I don't do religion but if you judge someone because they do, you're a cunt. Grow up.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Deleted!

Yup I feel like a complete asshole- guy is apparently developmentally delayed
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-07-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast