Quantcast
PLEASE HELP Dealership Deposit!! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP Dealership Deposit!!

I'll give him credit for semi owning his mistake but his posts arent exactly fair for the dealer who did nothing wrong

Originally posted by Josh Car Guy

It shows you what kind of people they are
    Originally posted by Josh Car Guy
    I should have recorded the convo we had he sounded really arrogant while i was being calm and trying to understand what was happening not sure if that could be used for CBC but it would get them jumping for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by revelations
    BTW - was this 50,000$ vehicle going to be used for UBER by chance?
    Oooo, good call. This was my initial thought when I read it was "for business".

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Serious question for OP.

Why do you feel you are entitled to anything?

By your own admission, you negotiated with the dealer prior to doing some fairly relevant research on ownership. The dealer never misrepresented anything to you and even complied when you rushed them to register the vehicle for you. Then you decided you wanted to break the contract you had signed. As a result, the dealer is now going to realize a loss, 100% caused by your actions. This isn't even bringing up the fact that you want to essentially blackmail the dealer and regret recording them for this express purpose.

This is a great learning experience about standing behind your work and acting like an adult, two things that are fairly important if you are in fact starting a business.

Originally posted by rage2
    Give OP a bit of a break here. He just wanted to see what he can do to get some of the deposit back. He knows he screwed up, don't see a lot of that nowadays. It was other members that was whining and suggesting media/shaming.
    He knows he screwed up and is still trying to make someone else pay for his mistake. If he was actually owning up to it, this thread wouldn't exist because he wouldn't have even considered trying to blackmail the dealer or make the dealer eat the cost of his error.
    Last edited by FraserB; 12-07-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Dealer has every right to keep the deposit, but if they are making lies about the reason for not returning the deposit is because they've already registered the vehicle (which is false) then IMO that's kind of slimy.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Sentry

Oooo, good call. This was my initial thought when I read it was "for business".

It's a cargo van. It would be better for a cleaning company than an Uber vehicle.....

But yes, OP - straighten out, why would you try to media up on this? Stop acting like you're 19.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

OP already stated it wasn't for uber.

Although he screwed up there is no sense giving away money without a fight right? I think that is the point of the thread.

Originally posted by FraserB
    Serious question for OP.

Why do you feel you are entitled to anything?

By your own admission, you negotiated with the dealer prior to doing some fairly relevant research on ownership. The dealer never misrepresented anything to you and even complied when you rushed them to register the vehicle for you. Then you decided you wanted to break the contract you had signed. As a result, the dealer is now going to realize a loss, 100% caused by your actions. This isn't even bringing up the fact that you want to essentially blackmail the dealer and regret recording them for this express purpose.

This is a great learning experience about standing behind your work and acting like an adult, two things that are fairly important if you are in fact starting a business.

He knows he screwed up and is still trying to make someone else pay for his mistake. If he was actually owning up to it, this thread wouldn't exist because he wouldn't have even considered trying to blackmail the dealer or make the dealer eat the cost of his error.
    I do not feel like i am entitled to anything at all, and will not be angry in the slightest if they keep my deposit that is my fault and iv'e accepted that.

only wanted to see if i could pay for their expenses and and receive the rest of it back even tho i do not deserve it.

I am not trying to black mail them.. I was replying to a post and making a joke, I just don't understand why they were trying to tell me the car is registered when it is not.

They are a good dealership i am sure i know i said it shows what kind of people they are only because there wasn't a reason to lie so why lie?

Hope that clears it up! I am not going to shame their company because i can only do that by shaming my self lol

Originally posted by J-hop
    OP already stated it wasn't for uber.

Although he screwed up there is no sense giving away money without a fight right? I think that is the point of the thread.
    Thanks J-Hop!

That is all i wanted to know is if i had a fighting shot to save some of the $1500 even tho it was my mistake

I don't think i deserve it back but just wanted to try

Originally posted by Rat Fink

These people are horrible to deal?

Sounds like you are the horrible one. You sign the papers, waste other people's time, commit to purchasing a vehicle where you agree to lay down a non-refundable deposit......and now you expect to wave a magic wand and get yourself out of it without a scratch at the expense of others?

No thought of the salesman who you no doubt wasted a bunch of time with who should now be paid zero dollars in your mind? How about the financing staff?.....think they should get zero on this now too?

These people did their jobs, went through the full motions dealing with you while they could've been dealing with other people and now they are burned. That 1500 will be spread across the board to all the employees who deserve that money.

If you were my kid I'd put you over my knee and give you a spanking, even at 19 years old. Seems like you didn't get enough of them. I hope you don't get a cent back. I'm rooting for Mercedes on this one.

You are an "adult" now, living in an adult world. Welcome to it. Mean what you say, and say what you mean. Every contract you enter into whether verbal or written, commit to it. There's few things in life you can control. Your accountability is one of them.

I am unsure what you mean?

I 100% think that the Team at mercedes should be paid that was never a question.. They are running a business and i expect nothing less.

The point of this thread was to see if anyone had any tips for me to see if i can pay them for their time and receive the rest back.

If that is not possible that is fine. The dealership is still great and did nothing wrong but the fact they are trying to lie doesn't make sense to me. They can tell me they don't have to give it back because they dont want to or what ever but i don't like to deal with a business that explains things by lieing that is what i meant when i wrote horrible to deal with because in the future when an issue arises will they resort to lieing again?

My Ride
    LNF

Sounds to me like OP made a mistake and the dealer is trying to screw him by saying it is too late when he has not taken delivery yet. Like some of you have said, dealer should either refund deposit or just give him the credit to be used at dealer. End of story.

I made the mistake once of putting a deposit (I was also 19) on a car.. Dealer said it was refundable and yadda yadda yadda. I told them I wanted to shop a little more. So when I decided on a different car, it took my 3 weeks to get it back. So after that, I don't put deposits on a car.

My Ride
    NC1

So update us?

Do you get a $1500 store credit or what?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

The real question has not been answered.... are you really doing Bang Bus?

I'm more interested what a 19 yr old doing with a $50K van which I assume isn't a panel van. There are so many cheaper options.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I am very confused as to why you did all your research AFTER you negotiated the deal with them. Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. contracts are contracts.

Originally posted by max_boost
    So update us?

Do you get a $1500 store credit or what?
    I gave a call and was able to talk to the GM he was very understanding and actually listened to what i had to say.

But later in the day the manager Vince called me and said they have still chosen to keep the deposit because the vehicle is considered "used"

After reading the posts here i thought maybe hes talking about the Mercedes registration and not actually with the registry office so i asked...

He said "No like we actually registered it under your name and everything and even have the plates for it" I was surprised and was going to call him on it but decided i am going to go registry tomorrow to check because it must show up. So thats what i will do tomorrow and then give the GM a call asking why they are saying they can't sell it New anymore.

I will also ask for $1500 to be spent at their parts and see what they say XD So if anyone needs Parts on a big discount PM me (If it goes thru) Updates to come

Thanks for the information so far guys i do appreciate the help and being able to discuss this.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Poor josh car guy

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

If you didn't give them proof of insurance, I don't see how they registered it, am I missing something here? (I only scanned the thread)
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by Brent.ff

3) was the van fully loaded?
    +1.

Well OP?

Edit: FULLY LOADED
    Last edited by Env-Consultant; 12-07-2016 at 08:02 PM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Originally posted by finboy
    If you didn't give them proof of insurance, I don't see how they registered it, am I missing something here? (I only scanned the thread)
    When I bought my truck they asked me to fill out a form stating they can contact my insurance company on my behalf and they got it that way. When I picked up the truck the forms were all in the glovebox and a plate was already on it.

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    I'll give him credit for semi owning his mistake but his posts arent exactly fair for the dealer who did nothing wrong

Sorry i am not trying to be unfair for the dealer they didn't do nothing wrong.

I was making a joke i would never send anything to CBC i have no case lol it was simply a joke and the smiley came out a bigger smile then i expected Hahah

Originally posted by Env-Consultant

+1.

Well OP?
    No there was a few options on the Van that i didn't have such as Navigation and other features like park assist and stuff

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast