Quantcast
PLEASE HELP Dealership Deposit!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP Dealership Deposit!!

Unhappy PLEASE HELP Dealership Deposit!!

I bought a Mercedes Metris on saturday it was a quick dumb decision now that i think back but i signed the deal and gave my $1500 deposit. Next day it came to selling my van which i had inspected before knowing it was a small problem now turned into a huge problem needing a full engine replacement! My mechanic was not educated clearly.

I thought ok this is bad but maybe the insurance won't be i contacted my insurance and gave them the VIN they said $4000 a year!

I was shocked and didnt have any sleep that night thinking what did i just do. I called early morning monday and left a message they called me back and i explained what happened and how i needed to back out.

They said sure back out but we keep the deposit which is a lot of money. They said the vehicle was registered under my name already because i rushed them to have it given to me on monday night. Now that its registered it wont be sold as new again and they will lose money off it so it has to be sold as used.

Vince the sales manager told me to suck it up and learn from my mistake.and that i wasted their time on saturday and friday night.
    I don't believe they had it registered so fast as when i called he said he stopped them from getting the license plate and the deal was on hold.

What can i say to get my deposit back? or atleast part of it i'm 19 and this is going to really hurt

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Why are you buying a Mercedes cargo van at 19???

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Do you even know what the purpose of a deposit is?

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by eglove
    Why are you buying a Mercedes cargo van at 19???
    Bang bus

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Bang bus

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

OP is 19, is unable to use the internetz and doesn't understand basic new-car purchase decisions.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/391230/ye...t-back-thread/
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371863/go...ford-crowfoot/
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/328401/ma...ammed-deposit/

I can still tell you what it was like to be 19 - definitely NOT buying a new vehicle.

BTW the Metris is about 50,000$ as a passenger/luxury van. Combine that with your age, its no wonder you got a high quote.

You should be looking for a 5,000$ van (many good ones out there) and consider the 1500$ as a learning experience.
    Last edited by revelations; 12-06-2016 at 08:47 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Yeah, you don't really have any grounds to ask for the deposit back. Just be glad they are willing to do this and not hold you to the documents that you signed.

$1,500 is a cheap lesson compared to what you could be facing.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Yes i know the van is expensive but i had to lease a van for business and it seemed like a good choice.

And i know the Deposit is for making sure they dont waste their time on people like me. But i called back as soon as they opened to stop anything they were doing and i am willing to pay for any admin fees that were related.

I just don't believe the full 1500 is needed for them because i didn't sign any final papers just the initial deal stating the price of the lease i dont technically own the car so how can it be used?

anyone have anything i can say to get atleast a partial deposit?

My Ride
    NC1

they don't owe you anything bro. yes on a human basis, i feel bad for you etc. they could give you back you $100 or all of your money but clearly they aren't biting.

nothing personal, just business.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Josh Car Guy
    Yes i know the van is expensive but i had to lease a van for business and it seemed like a good choice.

And i know the Deposit is for making sure they dont waste their time on people like me. But i called back as soon as they opened to stop anything they were doing and i am willing to pay for any admin fees that were related.

I just don't believe the full 1500 is needed for them because i didn't sign any final papers just the initial deal stating the price of the lease i dont technically own the car so how can it be used?

anyone have anything i can say to get atleast a partial deposit?
    If they started the registration process after you asked them to, you signed enough to make you responsible for the lease.

MB isn't going to go and register a car for someone without being paid for it. Push them far enough and you run the risk they'll hold you responsible for everything you signed.

If it was registered, it's used now. Even if there are 0km on it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Um, leasing a vehicle is not the same as purchasing it.

What papers were LEFT for you to sign off on?

BTW - was this 50,000$ vehicle going to be used for UBER by chance?

Originally posted by revelations
    Um, leasing a vehicle is not the same as purchasing it.

What papers were LEFT for you to sign off on?

BTW - was this 50,000$ vehicle going to be used for UBER by chance?

The final documents were left not sure what those are, They said bring your insurance when you come to pick up the car and im guessing the release papers.

And no it was not going to be used for Uber lol XD

I am aware i deserve nothing back i knew that when i called them back to cancel. But i am hoping they take what they need to break even as their not in business hoping people back out and can give me back the rest.

When i called Mercedes Benz Canada he said it seemed weird they coulda registered it so quick and theres always a way to return the registration unless they have a plate for it.

If the registration was the issue why didn't he say that when i first called on monday? and not wait till today to tell me they already had it registered? Even when i called other dealerships such as Audi he said its very unlikely and to ask for the papers. Even if their in the wrong they can still keep my deposit tho

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

How can they register a vehicle without proof of insurance?

My Ride
    ute

This is where the term "big boy pants" comes from.

FWIW, I've seen people learn things the hard way in much more expensive ways

Originally posted by ercchry
    How can they register a vehicle without proof of insurance?
    Thats what i was thinking but these luxury dealers must have a way because he was going to have a plate ready for me when i come to pick it up? He said get them to fax the insurance to us when you come or sometime during the day so maybe they did need it?

It could also mean they registered it to mercedes Benz which claims it as a used car. But when i called the other dealer they said it still shows up for on sale.

Don't know if they are lying to keep my deposit which they honestly don't have to or genuinely telling me theres no way?

i will go tomorrow to try one last push and talk to the GM but mostly if all managers are like that they learn from the GM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I just bought a car from BMW a couple weeks ago, they need two documents from the insurance company, the temp pink slip, and a document that outlines the coverage and states the lien holder

Originally posted by Buster
    This is where the term "big boy pants" comes from.

FWIW, I've seen people learn things the hard way in much more expensive ways
    Very true i am some what happy i made the mistake as i will take the next car i choose VERY seriously and won't ever sign a contract until im 100% sure and slept on it for a few days no matter what

I am curious tho what stories do you have?

Originally posted by ercchry
    I just bought a car from BMW a couple weeks ago, they need two documents from the insurance company, the temp pink slip, and a document that outlines the coverage and states the lien holder
    That is interesting that they would say registered it under my name then because obviously that isn't possible.

I am happy i am backing out and losing $1500 these people are horrible to deal i know i am in the wrong but theres a lot better ways to say thats not possible than telling me to "suck it up take the $1500 hit and grow up"

Not people im willing to deal with on a 5 year lease

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Learning more about buying and leasing cars will go a long way toward making you a real "car guy" Josh.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Learning more about buying and leasing cars will go a long way toward making you a real "car guy" Josh.

Hahahaha True True i guess my reputation proceeds me HAHAHAH

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast