The Fate of the Furious - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fate of the Furious

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by know1edge

Also, Han's still dead
    All is forgiven. The Shaw brothers are now family

I though it was very entertaining...it's clear these movies lost the reality side of things after the 3rd movie and moved to be more main stream action movies which is understandable as you are targeting a niche group if it's more car focused. If you are going expecting a realistic car movie you are setting yourself up for disappointment...go in their expected far-fetched action and sweet cars and you will leave smiling.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Shlade
    All is forgiven. The Shaw brothers are now family
    That's the one thing I didn't like. He killed family and all is forgotten. Maybe the series is racist and Asian lives don't matter?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

LOL @ the critics in here that are disappointed the movie was so over the top. I mean, get real, have you not seen any F&F movie in the last decade?

Like MaskedBandit said, this is intended to be the burger and fries. I think it lived up to that just fine.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by lilmira
    Cant wait for the fart of the furious featuring the original fart can civics.
    Nice

How long did you think about that one ??

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by cjblair
    LOL @ the critics in here that are disappointed the movie was so over the top. I mean, get real, have you not seen any F&F movie in the last decade?

Like MaskedBandit said, this is intended to be the burger and fries. I think it lived up to that just fine.

I concur. It has that happy go lucky fuck yeah feel, and it's not completely 'merica fuck-yeah neither.

I don't think there's more more/less you can do with this franchise to improve. It always was doing silly wtf things "ahead of its era" (Civics zipping under tractor trailers, stealing DVD players )

Apparently Han might be back.

My Ride
    This and that.

Enjoyed it as a stupid entertainer I guess, definitely not any sense of realism to it. I guess I watched it, I don't regret it but don't feel like I watched a movie marvel either.

My Ride
    K20A2

Just watched it and it was my least favorite of the series. Wish they brought back han too bad they killed Vince and Giselle. Tyrees and Luda and the Ramsey just doesn't feel right
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    08 GSR

Originally posted by rage2

That's the one thing I didn't like. He killed family and all is forgotten. Maybe the series is racist and Asian lives don't matter?

Originally posted by beecue
    Apparently Han might be back.
    After watching the behind the scenes on the new XXX Return of Xander Cage movie, seems like Donnie Yen and Vin Diesel are basically bros now.

So I'm gonna say, in FF9, Donnie Yen is gonne be cast as Han's brother, and him and Jason Statham are going to fight to the death.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Allegedly, there was a post-credits scene (I didn't stick around to see if we got it) that was supposed to set up a Rock-Statham spin-off. But the scene was cut because it was made without Vin's knowledge and he and Rock had been feuding during filming. When Vin found out, he was furious (fastly).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Originally posted by Type_S1
    I though it was very entertaining...it's clear these movies lost the reality side of things after the 3rd movie and moved to be more main stream action movies which is understandable as you are targeting a niche group if it's more car focused. If you are going expecting a realistic car movie you are setting yourself up for disappointment...go in their expected far-fetched action and sweet cars and you will leave smiling.
    Exactly!

I went in this weekend, not expecting any more than action, and a few corny lines.......that's what we got, it was fun. Not going to win any awards, but hey, the F&F things makes $$ every time.
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Deetz

Exactly!

I went in this weekend, not expecting any more than action, and a few corny lines.......that's what we got, it was fun. Not going to win any awards, but hey, the F&F things makes $$ every time.
    I don't know. I came out of this feeling a little underwhelmed by the movie. I don't know if I'm just jaded by the ridiculousness of the action pieces or my expectations for ridiculousness were too high.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Sometimes a burger & fries are exactly what you're after, not fine cuisine.
    I get that, but still thought it under-delivered. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, but I thought it was an expired microwave burger from a gas station at best.

I understand it's not a series that aims for accuracy or plausibility, but I still thought they were a little too blatant at presuming their audience didn't understand cars, basic physics, technology, or the way anything worked.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Horrible movie.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I enjoyed it, surprised the woman liked it too, that was the first one she's seen so now we're watching them all. I don't think I saw 6 or 7.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Lolol Tyrese bone dry

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Horrible movie.
    amen lol will wait for Netflix next time. No fomo here lol

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I watched it and thought it was fun, the booty shots in the beginning were worth it for me, Imax ass in yo face... what more could you ask for!

I agree that Charlize Theron is still super sexy!

Enjoyment aside, I still had my gripes; The jokes were old and tired and the cast had no character development, but it was still fun to watch as everyone else said.
    Whatched the first one on tv a few days ago, and what really struck me about it was the believability of Pauls character, along with with everyone else, with the exceptions of the cheesy cops.
    These new movies all miss that, even with the old characters, they've gone from 3 dimensional characters to flat one liner drones.
    The whole bit with Tyresses' character being the idiot of the group got real old, real quick.
    All in all the original was artistic, factually wrong, but still felt like what a movie should be feel like.
    Everything they make now, feels like just a play on your senses, little content and lots of action.

Sadly I'll keep paying to watch them. :possie:

Just saw it tonight. It was ok. Guys burning out of the country hills parking lot after in shitty cars that were only able to break traction because it was raining made it worth it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast