Quantcast
4 acres, 5,000 sq ft, $425K - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: 4 acres, 5,000 sq ft, $425K

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

Originally posted by spikerS

well, without actually going there, and seeing the foundation damage (that's what scares me the most about this place), I went with worst case scenarios, and having to raise the house.

I still say this is a $400k+ repair.
    The foundation was completely fine, that was the first thing I looked at, it was level and straight so absolutely no signs of buckling, I even strung each wall from end to end. No signs of major cracking anywhere either.

The biggest issue was the grading of the lot which caused flooding which IMO is not a big deal at all.

My Ride

Originally posted by Sentry

Realtor scum.
    This is the 4th house I’ve been to this year where they’ve started a bidding war. It such a fucking waste of time for everyone.

The worst was a bungalow in Haysboro that needed a full gut and NOTHING was salvageable where the agent listed at $350ish. I made an appointment for viewing it that night at 7pm and 6 other people made the same appointment. my agent wrote an offer on the spot which I digitally signed but someone ended up buying it for 405. The insane part is that renovated unit on better streets were selling for 450-460.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by J.M.
    I wonder how much it sold for
    Sold for $651,100

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by J.M.
    I wonder how much it sold for
    MLS says $651,100

well, without actually going there, and seeing the foundation damage (that's what scares me the most about this place), I went with worst case scenarios, and having to raise the house.

I still say this is a $400k+ repair.
    Is there a more conceited or ridiculous post in the last while? I wish i could be as confident on a house repair without ever stepping into the house and taking a look.

The one poster who went to the house is clearly 100% wrong on his estimates. He should have just contacted you and saved himself the trip.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by Vanish3d

Believe it or not, I've seen a lot of stupid deals in this business.
    My prediction is it will sell for $625K.
    Only time will tell - I'll post the sale price when final
    Pretty close !

Originally posted by roll_over

Also, before a battle ensues on my pricing being off I’d like to mention that I’m currently in the midst of building a 7000sqft acreage home, an inner city 3plex that I had to get a restrictive covenant lifted for then rezone as well as a one of a kind 2600sqft inner city home that I just completed a discretionary use development permit on, all of which are right on budget.
    Why have we never done business together?!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

The foundation was completely fine, that was the first thing I looked at, it was level and straight so absolutely no signs of buckling, I even strung each wall from end to end. No signs of major cracking anywhere either.

The biggest issue was the grading of the lot which caused flooding which IMO is not a big deal at all.
    well, if there is no issue with the foundation (which I assumed since previous posts indicated some bad settling due to drywall cracks, and doors not opening and having to exit out the garage...) Then yeah, that takes a big chunk of my estimate out and it drops quite a bit.

having said that, I would also be concerned about the substrate below the cribbing and foundation too. If it is built on swampy ground and/or bad grading, I would be worried about water under the foundation too and the possibility of sink holes.

Either way, at $600K plus, I don't think I would want to touch that.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

A I was told to not even waste my time with an offer under 750-800ish,
    Haha wow, what a load of BS that ended up being (not you but from the selling realtor). Just openly lying to try ramp up the price.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by gwill

Is there a more conceited or ridiculous post in the last while? I wish i could be as confident on a house repair without ever stepping into the house and taking a look.

The one poster who went to the house is clearly 100% wrong on his estimates. He should have just contacted you and saved himself the trip.
    I am sorry, did you come in here with anything useful to contribute to the conversation, or just to try and feel superior?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

and what are you contributing other then your know it all attitude on a house you havent even seen or looked at? Someone whos actually been in the house had the repairs pegged at half your estimate but you clearly know more then he does without stepping into the place.

Im sorry i find this amusing and hilarious.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

glad you can be entertained, still without contributing. well done sir!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

are we doing a dick measuring contest? can we get hitempguy to hold the ruler?

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    are we doing a dick measuring contest? can we get hitempguy to hold the ruler?
    Ruler? You mean yardstick.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I am sorry, did you come in here with anything useful to contribute to the conversation, or just to try and feel superior?
    I dont think you have any right to call someone feeling superior when you post shit like this

really?

You want the cops to check the "traffic cams" that are on "each intersection" to find out where your POS accord went? Are you fucking serious?

ok, 1, your POS car is hardly a radar blip to the cops. They are going to come take a statement, and do a cursory examination of the location where the vehicle was. They will flag the plate is the system, and over the next week will watch for it if they remember to. It will eventually turn up somewhere when someone calls it in.

2, the "Traffic cams on every intersection" you refer to. Those don't record. They take still shots and compare them to an empty intersection every few seconds to detect traffic waiting at the intersection to switch up the lights. Even if they did record all the footage, expecting the police to tie up resources and go through hundreds of hours of footage to find your POS car is rediculars. This isn't a murder investigation.

3, insurance will payout and you can just go get another boring non descript POS car.

4, how the fuck do you steal this car without the key?

TIL how traffic cams work, and in Calgary they do not work properly or are broken.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

I dont think you have any right to call someone feeling superior when you post shit like this

still butt hurt?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Why have we never done business together?!
    Lol, I actually have your contact info saved. I haven’t called on anything yet because I’ve been dealing with Floortrendz as they take care of every type of flooring for me and it make me DE easier but have had a few issues lately. One of the inner city projects is actually going to be my forever home so I’ll contact you on that one for sure.

My Ride

well, if there is no issue with the foundation (which I assumed since previous posts indicated some bad settling due to drywall cracks, and doors not opening and having to exit out the garage...) Then yeah, that takes a big chunk of my estimate out and it drops quite a bit.

having said that, I would also be concerned about the substrate below the cribbing and foundation too. If it is built on swampy ground and/or bad grading, I would be worried about water under the foundation too and the possibility of sink holes.

Either way, at $600K plus, I don't think I would want to touch that.
    The foundation was really level and square, I don’t think that report explained it well. The doors were just installed like shit so that’s why they couldn’t close, the finisher definitely didn’t know how to install doors let alone the hardware to ensure it locked and unlocked properly. I checked all the bases and cases, and based on the condition I don’t think the foundation moving was an issue.

What I suspect happened around the home is they re-used all the wet material they excavated to backfill and they certainly did not hoe pack it. I planned on going down to footing and using pit run to prevent any chance of the walls buckling in the future and *maybe* screw jacks on tension cables to keep the walls straight.

Lol, I actually have your contact info saved. I haven’t called on anything yet because I’ve been dealing with Floortrendz as they take care of every type of flooring for me and it make me DE easier but have had a few issues lately. One of the inner city projects is actually going to be my forever home so I’ll contact you on that one for sure.
    Haha...totally get that. Dales a real good friend of mine. You couldn't be in any better hands. We worked together years ago, before he started Floortrendz.
    I'd never want to take his work away. He gets some sweet contracts.
    Just tell him his boys better keep up the QC, cuz if they don't "you know a tileguy".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6