Quantcast
Unveiled: Ferrari J50 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unveiled: Ferrari J50

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

I like it. The front end reminds me a little too much of a mid-90s Camaro though. Those headlight slits.

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by revelations
    My understanding is that you dont get a new Ferrari with any amount of cash. You have to "prove" your worth as a potential Ferrari owner to the big wigs in Maranello first. Usually that means being a used-Ferrari owner for a while.
    No, you can walk in and order a Ferrari. Your WAIT time on something new depends on how you are viewed as a customer. The "real" Ferrari owners barely even like the cars, they just seem interested in bragging about getting allocation for the special editions: "I got allocation for a 458 Speciale because I've ordered 7 Ferraris from them in the last 4 years, and you have only order 2, you pleb."

It's also why the Ferrari market is really annoying: they are obsessed with mileage and depreciation. Great cars, but the company, and a huge portion of the customer base are not the people with whom you want to mix a lot of the time. Now, if someone could just tell me with reasonable certainty that the 599s have bottomed out and might see appreciation....

Originally posted by revelations
    My understanding is that you dont get a new Ferrari with any amount of cash. You have to "prove" your worth as a potential Ferrari owner to the big wigs in Maranello first. Usually that means being a used-Ferrari owner for a while.
    There used to be wait lists (even the 458), but not sure if that's the case anymore with the 488. I don't think the 488 sold very well from my understanding. Anyways, it wasn't that you had to be a used owner for a while, it was just they wanted proof you'd stick around and they could rip you off. You couldn't walk in and go buy one and customize it to your spec unless you already have had one. You could however, take someone's spot on the list if they dropped out and walked away from their car. That was the way to skip the line, but once you are in you are good to go

My Ride
    ute

There was definitely a wait for a 488.

Love the old school vibe I'm getting from this car

My Ride
    Grimace

Hnnnnnnnng
    SP 275 rw competizione
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version

Maranello, 21 December 2016 – Designed under the direction of Ferrari’s Styling Centre with the collaboration of Pininfarina, the latest Ferrari one-off model, the SP 275 rw competizione, is built on the chassis of the F12berlinetta but equipped with the more powerful V12 engine and gearbox from the limited-series F12tdf.

Drawing inspiration from the 275 GTB, one of the most iconic front-engined V12 berlinettas of the 1960s, the SP 275 rw competizione features a thoroughly modern interpretation of some of the themes that give the 275 GTB its berlinetta connotation, such as the quest for the ultimate balance in proportions and the pure and curvaceous surface treatment. The stance of the car, particularly in the muscular transition from the rear three-quarter panel to the wheelarch was carefully refined with a slightly wider track to express potency over the rear wheels and confer a rakish attitude.

The characteristic front engine-bay vents of the 275 GTB are an evident styling cue, as is the adoption of the triple louvres in the three-quarter panel in place of the F12berlinetta’s B-post quarterlights. The louvres on the rear bumper, together with the pronounced nolder on the tail and milled aluminium fuel filler cap, recall instead the special competition-developed 275 GTB (chassis number 06885) that won the GT category in the 1965 Le Mans 24 Hour race, coming home an impressive third overall behind the winning 250 LM. The yellow paint scheme is also a tribute to that 275 GTB, echoing its Ecurie Francorchamps team colour.

The front features a closed perimeter Ferrari grille with a prominent yet smoothly integrated bonnet bulge, while the slim, vertically-stacked headlights and forged 20” alloys are unique to this car.

My Ride
    ute

Man, does that 275 come with a "louvre delete" option?

Use [BIMG ] !!

Originally posted by schocker
    Hnnnnnnnng
    SP 275 rw competizione
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Use [BIMG ] !!

Get a higher resolution screen!

Originally posted by schocker

Get a higher resolution screen!
    but but but but laptop

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Buster
    Man, does that 275 come with a "louvre delete" option?
    No kidding, that thing looks more like a TVR than a rarri.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2