Quantcast
If you could live anywhere in Canada... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you could live anywhere in Canada...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by mr2mike

Never been. Want to.
    Probably easier getting to an International Airport if comparing to Kelowna area.
    Well at least Kelowna has an airport... depending where you are it's like 1.5-3hrs to Pearson... traffic and construction dependant

The real ballers just take a helicopter or float plane though

It's an absolutely ridiculous travel day from here though, best time from leaving the house till drinking beer on the dock for me was 10hrs, worst was ~24hrs (delayed plane, landed after car rentals closed... yeah yyz doesn't have 24hr rental companies)
    Last edited by ercchry; 12-14-2016 at 06:15 PM.

BC: Nelson, the Okanagan or Radium Hot Springs.

Did my time on Vancouver Island, Victoria is a dark cloud, outside Vic is not too bad. Always hated waiting around for a ferry off the island and driving the same limited roads on the southern half. Far up island is nothing but banjo music, Deliverance Canadian style.

Montreal from May to September would be an easy life.

I've always wanted to live in Victoria but am definitely worried that the lack of sun in the winters might get to me (and my wife even more). I think Kelowna would be similar but probably a little bit better.
    Funny, if you google 'best places to live in Canada', all of the lists are based on money, i.e. jobs, cost of living, average wages, etc.

I know a couple rich people that live (or have weekend homes) on the sunshine coast. I'm talking rich. so it must be good there.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I saw a small Oil Company press release from an office in Kelowna, I was supremely jealous.

Kelowna is a good option imo. Extended golfing season, Lake, Winters where you aren't afraid your car won't start, skiing. Urban enough that it isn't a small town hassle. Can drive into Vancouver for the weekend without too much hassle if you need to do the big city thing. Airport to GTFO.

Have always been interested in what Ontario lake country is like but have never experienced it.

I do like Calgary though, and tbh if i ever actually moved away from here it wouldn't be to somewhere in Canada.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by killramos
    I saw a small Oil Company press release from an office in Kelowna, I was supremely jealous.

Kelowna is a good option imo. Extended golfing season, Lake, Winters where you aren't afraid your car won't start, skiing. Urban enough that it isn't a small town hassle. Can drive into Vancouver for the weekend without too much hassle if you need to do the big city thing. Airport to GTFO.

Have always been interested in what Ontario lake country is like but have never experienced it.

I do like Calgary though, and tbh if i ever actually moved away from here it wouldn't be to somewhere in Canada.
    Yeah I don't hate Calgary as much as some people do. Overall I like it, and it's provided some amazing opportunity for me. But I moved here when I was a kid, so it's pretty much all I know. Same with my wife. We have just always been interested in a change. Completely understood that you'd like to move out of the country, and that's something we would consider too. But it looks like moving anywhere within Canada (as long as it's somewhat accessible) may be a real option for me in the future so it's definitely something I want to explore.
    I think ultimately we would move somewhere with the idea that we are committing to 2 years, and we'd just rent initially. And if after 2 years we want to move back to Calgary, it's not a failure, it was just a great experience hopefully.

My Ride
    LNF

Obviously BC has many areas that I would love to live in but I would say the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia.

I lived there until I was 9 years old and its beautiful. Very similar to the Okanagon with lots of wineries and orchards. However, it is a lot more laid back when compared with Kelowna area. Also has the ocean and lots of beautiful beaches. And you are only 30-45 minutes from Halifax if you need the city.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by mzdspd
    Obviously BC has many areas that I would love to live in but I would say the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia.

I lived there until I was 9 years old and its beautiful. Very similar to the Okanagon with lots of wineries and orchards. However, it is a lot more laid back when compared with Kelowna area. Also has the ocean and lots of beautiful beaches. And you are only 30-45 minutes from Halifax if you need the city.
    Not to mention the prospect of alot more cousin fucking. Incest is Wincest!

Dude you are from away by now, you will never get back in the groove there haha.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

I chose somewhere in Southern BC, but since we're talking seasonal as well, then I would want to spend the spring, summer, and fall in Ontario's cottage country (kawarthas / muskoka).

Originally posted by mzdspd

I'm from Kentville, NS and familiar with the valley. Very beautiful yes but the winters are awful.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

RICHMOND.

At least Invermere only gets the douchebags from Calgary, Kelowna gets them from Calgary and Vancouver. Perfect storm of shit.

My Ride

I would probably say New Brunswick. I have family that lives out there, and it's gorgeous!

Originally posted by kertejud2
    At least Invermere only gets the douchebags from Calgary, Kelowna gets them from Calgary and Vancouver. Perfect storm of shit.

Uggghh my eyes and ears.... RAPED.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Only ever lived up north, in Edmonton, and in Calgary so far. Moving for Vancouver in the spring and excited for that as it's definitely my preferred place to live. Only concern is the rain / less sunlight.

Lots of people suggesting Vancouver Island. Visiting is one thing, living there another. The Island can be a very strange place. I left primarily because of the weather but a number of factors contributed to the decision. If I was retired and had the ability to head South for the winter? I think somewhere North of Nanaimo would work well. Working out there? No thanks.

I think I'd rather be in the Okanagan somewhere.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Moving to southern Ontario in July. We'll see where we wind up after that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by A790
    Moving to southern Ontario in July. We'll see where we wind up after that.

fact.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I lived in Kelowna for a year, its nice but I think I preferred other parts of Okanagan more. I like the mountains, but I did eventually miss the openness of Southern Alberta. I also hate admit it, but I also missed the wind a bit.

I'd like anywhere near the west coast except for Vancouver itself.
    East coast would also be nice, but I feel it could get boring once the tourist feel wears off.

I'm honestly pretty happy in Alberta though
    Last edited by NoPulp; 12-15-2016 at 01:53 PM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The winter sunshine in southern Alberta is pretty nice. I wouldn't mind summers in the maritimes, but I don't think I could do winters out there. Lots of BC is nice, but each area has it's drawbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by killramos

?

I work entirely online. I have no reason to stay here. The weather sure isn't much of a draw... lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast