Quantcast
clctve.us Review - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: clctve.us Review

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Default clctve.us Review

Here's my experience with clctve.us
    The guy does vector drawings of cars. I saw some beyond members and other locals get their car done and thought it would be cool to get one done of my car.

I contacted him beginning of May 2016. We agreed at $110 US for digital file and a print, I don't know if that's a fair rate but I liked the product. (I now know locals how to better work for less money.) I paid on May 12th. He told me "Turnaround time is currently about a week just to be safe, and I'll keep you updated a couple times as I go along." Sounds good, wasn't in a rush.

I didn't receive much communication and on May 25 asked for an update. He said the main lines were complete and shouldn't be too long.

June 14th - still nothing. Expressed my concern as its been over a month and was originally told 1 week.

He told me he had shit going on in his life. I totally understand, shit happens but I'm annoyed at this point at the very poor communication.

After bugging the guy over and over (sending multiple emails just to get a reply) I finally received the digital copy on July 26th.

Satisfied with the product. Now waiting for print to be sent.

thumbnail_RichardSN95 by Richard Brown, on Flickr

Weeks and then months go by without the print. I bug him once in awhile and get told that it's been sent out right away multiple times. Nov 28th I'm super annoyed and express how its been 28 weeks since he received payment.

Bugged him again and then FINALLY on Dec 19 2016 I got an email with a picture of the shipping receipt.

I'd post the email thread, but there's multiple threads and its super long. Not very interesting so I just summarized the major communication events.

That's my experience with clctve.us. I don't like to bad talk people over the internet, but the experience was ridiculous. Yes I was way too patient so part of the blame is on my end. I didn't ask for refund or anything, it's not worth my time. I just wanted the product and it to be over...

Maybe this is just my experience because I'm not a big name and not a priority to him. If that's the case he shouldn't have taken on my work then...

TLDR: 1 week job turned into 7 months. Horrible communication. Wouldn't recommend.
    Last edited by NoPulp; 12-20-2016 at 04:04 PM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

About the same for me, first time around with the Focus was flawless. The fiesta one...7 or so months neither a correct digital copy or my print.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Wow, 7 months eh!! That's a little disappointing..

I recently just started getting into illustration/ vectoring and it's actually taken off to my own surprise (it was kind of by accident) and now I've done about 6 commissioned pieced for people! (Not trying to plug or anything).

The reason I ended up doing my own car myself was because I messaged him and a few other illustrators and it they were all like $150USD which was out of my budget. Although I respect the creative artwork they do, I had a budget and it was simply above my budget! So I decided to just give it a shot entirely on my own! Watched a few tutorials, did some practicing. I actually remember doing my first one, sitting back at my desk after about 5 hours, and grinning with how happy I was it came out haha!! Then lots of people started asking me to do their cars haha!

(Click for larger view)

Your Mustang came out looking really nice, though!! Sucks it took such a long time! For myself who's interested in pursuing something similar to this I can take from this review that turnaround time is very important!
    Last edited by Kijho; 12-21-2016 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride

Yeah I went with cltctve because I knew people like eglove had a good experience so I was willing to pay for it. While I was waiting, it seemed like a lot more people like yourself and a couple other locals started to get into it. I really like your work and your prices are beyond reasonable.

To me turnaround time is nice, but communication is the most important thing. If you can't meet a timeline, tell me and keep me updated. Yes I'll be a bit annoyed for having to wait, but I'll be extremely annoyed if I'm blown off and constantly lied to over and over again.

Maybe in the spring I'll get you to do the new car

My Ride
    Exploded.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

There are definitely local talent that can do work for you. My buddy Ricky did one for my Golf,

https://www.instagram.com/illuustrations/

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I didn't care so much about the turnaround time, (well anything a month or less IMO is acceptable) but like you said solid communication would be nice. The DM's I have with him through instagram are pretty painful. Haha.

I would recommend Ricky Luu, Local talent who did Don's Golf.

I've also used Motive Artworks in the past to do my car.

Took a month max, I beleive I paid 120 USD for the files + print.

The artwork got damaged during shipping and he resent a new one at $0 cost to me.

My Ride

I follow Ricky on Instagram I believe. I like his work too. I would have gone local, but I don't think him or kijho were doing it 7 months ago?

My Ride
    vw gti

What the heck!? I had no idea!! Thanks for the love Don and Albert!!! Vectors are all looking awesome!!! I just started in Aug so NoPulp you're right lol

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Originally posted by luuluu
    What the heck!? I had no idea!! Thanks for the love Don and Albert!!! Vectors are all looking awesome!!! I just started in Aug so NoPulp you're right lol
    Just followed your IG, some great work man!!

My Ride
    vw gti

Originally posted by Kijho

Just followed your IG, some great work man!!
    Likewise and thanks! always nice to see a fellow colleague whipping out some good work!

My Ride
    rubbish

I've been waiting for mine since Aug 3. It was annoying watching the clctve live feed on instagram yesterday where he was working on other cars.