Quantcast
STOLEN: 2014 Malibu Wakesetter - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: STOLEN: 2014 Malibu Wakesetter

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

$20 bet? ill give you 21 and under
    It was the 23', no surprises Looks just like our 23 LSV for the most part (minus the green). The photo makes it look even smaller.

OP have you canvassed neighbors who might have cameras pointing toward your house?

Originally posted by Env-Consultant

0 to degen instantly.

BAHAHAHA Owned

Originally posted by Sdeibert

Boat is a 2014 23 LSV Wakesetter and has the LSA Supercharged motor, Wizards owner had ordered it but never rode it so we bought it when the last boat sold.

So Rocket1k78 I believe you owe $20 to someone
    Incorrect People were saying this was 21' at most and my bet was it was over 21'.

Now back on topic, can you post gas receipts of you up north to debunk spikers

Joking aside hopefully you get this back. Gotta be pretty ballsy to risk pulling that thing around

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by killramos

http://www.boulderboats.com/financeapp.asp

GL to OP on finding the boat, hope its properly insured.
    Well I'll be damned. Time to pips few kids out, buy a boat and an rv, and camp 2 weeks a year but post on FB and insta like I do it every weekend. YEEHAWWW

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

It was the 23', no surprises Looks just like our 23 LSV for the most part (minus the green). The photo makes it look even smaller.

OP have you canvassed neighbors who might have cameras pointing toward your house?
    I did talk to one today, my two on my sides are older couples and didn't see anything. But the corner one said he came home at 5 and it was gone, so that leaves a window of 3:10-5:00pm. what a time to steal something that large!

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Incorrect People were saying this was 21' at most and my bet was it was over 21'.

Now back on topic, can you post gas receipts of you up north to debunk spikers
    Oh damn my bad lol, read that completely wrong!

I have a receipt from Peace River Walmart, gotta get my Dr Pepper fix!

My Ride
    ute

Guys, they caught the perps.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by Sdeibert

I did talk to one today, my two on my sides are older couples and didn't see anything. But the corner one said he came home at 5 and it was gone, so that leaves a window of 3:10-5:00pm. what a time to steal something that large!
    Keep us updated - I'm really curious to find out whether or not you get your boat back. There was a vehicle pulling a giant green boat with bright green trailer rims in December, in Red Deer, during rush hour - there has to be some decent CCTV footage... finding the location is the hard part.

...24' and up is my guess...
    You then changed it to over 21' after reading everyone else's posts

I think Malibu only makes one or two boats over 23'. Their 21' and 23' are the volume sellers. Phenomenal boats, but they have got even more expensive. I can't imagine buying one new at $150K for what amounts to a fiber glass shell, a cheap american V8, and carpet/vinyl covering the raw fiberglass haha. I know I'm oversimplifying it a bit but man they are expensive for what you get. Maybe I don't appreciate how much fiberglass work goes into it or something.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

you are buying it for the mad pussy you'll pull with it.

You then changed it to over 21' after reading everyone else's posts
    Everyone was adamant this was 21 and under so thats why i made it that and last i checked 23' is closer to 24' no?
    It was a fun bet that no one took so no need to get your panties bunched up

Hope it all works out OP!

Everyone was adamant this was 21 and under so thats why i made it that and last i checked 23' is closer to 24' no?
    It was a fun bet that no one took so no need to get your panties bunched up

Hope it all works out OP!
    I said 21-23' tops not 21 or under. Anyways I'm just busting your balls because I'm bored haha I don't actually care.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

a fiber glass shell, a cheap american V8, and carpet/vinyl covering the raw fiberglass haha. I know I'm oversimplifying it a bit but man they are expensive for what you get. Maybe I don't appreciate how much fiberglass work goes into it or something.
    I can't defend boats, but just on the engine alone you're missing a lot. That 'cheap american v8' you mentioned, the LSA in OP's boat, is around 20k cdn for the auto version, closer to 30k for the marine version, and that's just an engine, no engine management, drive, watercooled manifolds, or marine starter, alternator, electronics etc. that's at least triple the cost of the automotive versions. I have no idea what you're missing on the rest of the boat, but when you look at the $$$ boats up close, it's obvious there was some money spent in building them, unlike your average $30k family boat. Now I don't think they're worth $150k, but I'm just salty as I hate my boat with a passion. Over $10k maintenance and repairs for 2 hours fun makes me want to take up a cheaper hobby like just setting hundred dollar bills on fire, at least I wouldn't have to drive to a crowded lake to do that.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Since this for derailed. I want to know what the giant forks stuck to the boat are for. Does OP own a giant buffet restaurant?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
    Since this for derailed. I want to know what the giant forks stuck to the boat are for. Does OP own a giant buffet restaurant?
    Not sure if serious.... but easily one of the most practical accessories you can get. They keep all your toys up and out of the way

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by carson blocks

I can't defend boats, but just on the engine alone you're missing a lot. That 'cheap american v8' you mentioned, the LSA in OP's boat, is around 20k cdn for the auto version, closer to 30k for the marine version, and that's just an engine, no engine management, drive, watercooled manifolds, or marine starter, alternator, electronics etc. that's at least triple the cost of the automotive versions. I have no idea what you're missing on the rest of the boat, but when you look at the $$$ boats up close, it's obvious there was some money spent in building them, unlike your average $30k family boat. Now I don't think they're worth $150k, but I'm just salty as I hate my boat with a passion. Over $10k maintenance and repairs for 2 hours fun makes me want to take up a cheaper hobby like just setting hundred dollar bills on fire, at least I wouldn't have to drive to a crowded lake to do that.
    Every time I start thinking "hey, I should buy a boat", I follow that thought with "hey, I should ask Carson Blocks first", and then the idea dies. You are my source of reason when it comes to boats my friend, and my wallet thanks you!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by carson blocks

Over $10k maintenance and repairs for 2 hours fun makes me want to take up a cheaper hobby like just setting hundred dollar bills on fire, at least I wouldn't have to drive to a crowded lake to do that.

What kind of boat do you have? Sounds like a terrible experience.

My family has a Supra Launch, and its been pretty bulletproof since new. (Its an 2008 I believe) Regular oil changes/winterization... only issue have been ballast and wake plate items, both of which were small. Biggest cost is winter storage and gas...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^i think he hit a rock or something

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Well yeah, that would suck. Cant blame the boat for that one unfortunately.

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Quick update, it was apparently seen travelling to Edmnton QE2 on Wednesday. Info was from the Facebook page red deer stolen goods page, so not sure how solid the info is but the boat should be obvious if seen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast