Quantcast
STOLEN: 2014 Malibu Wakesetter - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: STOLEN: 2014 Malibu Wakesetter

Im with carson blocks, The first year we got out lots but by year 2 and 3 the novelty wore off fast and i was pretty fed up with my buddies who thought buying lunch/beers was fair compensation for me doing everything else. I'll admit i had no idea what it took to own a boat, all i saw was the picture the dealer painted lol The storage, winterization wasnt too bad but what really killed me was the clean up afterwards. I was beat from being out all day then having to tow it home and clean it out by myself really sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

I dont get why more people dont just rent. I did that this summer. $800 plus gas for 8 hours out on Kelowna lake. Drove up at 9am, boat was in the water ready to go. Drop it off at 5pm, dont need to clean, maintain or store anything!
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by carson blocks
    A big part of the boat hate is from guys like myself who go out once or twice a year. I love boats and love the water, but just don't get out for a multitude of reasons. The boat drains damn near the same amount of money whether you use it or not, and often whether it's a nice boat like yours or an old one like mine. We probably pay about the same to get our sea water impeller changed every two years, but yours is amortized over 4 guys going out all the time and using the hell out of it, and mine is over 2 trips out. Same goes for all other maintenance, storage, winterizing, etc. You guys are doing it right and getting your moneys worth, which is more than can be said for most of us Albertans with boats.
    You keep bring up this sea water impeller? What's the deal with that? You tossing this boat in the ocean or something? Our stern drive glasstron doesn't have this as a service item

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by ercchry

You keep bring up this sea water impeller? What's the deal with that? You tossing this boat in the ocean or something? Our stern drive glasstron doesn't have this as a service item
    It's in the leg and drives the lake water up towards the engine water pump, exhaust manifolds, and wherever else. Apparently you're supposed to replace it every 2 years or the rubber impeller hardens. I was told it's a commonly overlooked maintenance item that most owners don't bother with until they overheat the engine. That, or the boat shop is fucking me, that is what boat shops do after all.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah 2 years seems excessive in a climate where it's only seeing fresh water and is frozen half the year. But I mean you can't knock preventative maintenance

My Ride
    Lariat

You should make a post on the Malibu forum www.themalibucrew.com and see if anyone has seen/heard of the boat
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Originally posted by asp integra
    You should make a post on the Malibu forum www.themalibucrew.com and see if anyone has seen/heard of the boat
    forgot to post there. Not a ton of alberta members but worth a shot

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Sdeibert

forgot to post there. Not a ton of alberta members but worth a shot
    IMHO, the boat isn't in Alberta any more or won't be for long. I figure if it hasn't been found by now, it's been a targeted theft by professionals. It is probably in a warehouse wrapped in white plastic while the heat dies down, and the trailer and rims are already painted and VIN numbers changed. Closer to spring when people start bringing boats out of storage, it will probably make it's way to BC, Ontario, or into the states.

I know you said the insurance company is giving it 30 days, but have they started talking numbers and such with you yet?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

VIN number!

It's getting a wrap, new hull number with bs paperwork and posted up for sale with a bs story about how the owner bought it last season and now lost their oil field job and have to sell, and the paperwork is still in previous owner's name cause it takes so damn long to register a boat

My Ride
    K-car

Originally posted by carson blocks

It's in the leg and drives the lake water up towards the engine water pump, exhaust manifolds, and wherever else. Apparently you're supposed to replace it every 2 years or the rubber impeller hardens. I was told it's a commonly overlooked maintenance item that most owners don't bother with until they overheat the engine. That, or the boat shop is fucking me, that is what boat shops do after all.
    Absolutely, my Dad had this part fail on his boat. Overheated the big 502 V8 and blew the head gasket, very costly in the end. The boat was 5 yrs old when it went but only had ~60 hours on it.

Purely out of curiosity, why were you planning on selling the boat 12 months ago?

https://www.dockindex.net/detail/ca/...er-23LSV-555hp

I Googled Waksetter Red Deer and the first 7 photos are of the boat, but from a Kijiji ad - searching Google for the image brought up the dockindex ad.

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Originally posted by Env-Consultant
    Purely out of curiosity, why were you planning on selling the boat 12 months ago?
    Yup for sale from the day I bought it, like I said before I've been flipping boats for the last 5 years. The ad was up till 2 days after it was stolen.

Insurance company hasn't talked any numbers or much of anything, they assigned a guy to it but he's in Ottawa. Has said several times he would email docs and send someone out but neither has happened, I'll talk to them this week if nothing happens on their end.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ercchry
    VIN number!

TIL learned that boats don't have VIN numbers...but a HIN (Hull identification number) located on the transom... even inflatable kayaks and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MptxlMFLfSA

after checking out different sites and videos, I can see why boats get targeted for theft. Seems like it would be pretty easy to counterfeit the HIN, and with only a couple minutes of searching, i found multiple sites willing to sell blank tags and such to make your own...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Until recently when you got pulled over in a boat you didn't even need to have the paperwork for it on you

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Kinda rethinking career choices now.

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Originally posted by OneGreasyHobo
    Kinda rethinking career choices now.
    I'm typing this from the noralta camp in Zama City before I head out into the cold for another day of work.

Still thinking about it?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

OP is from Red Deer, lots of people here have boats because of Sylvan Lake. Its 10 minutes away so you can use it every day after work, weekends etc.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5