Quantcast
94 Integra Megasquirt tuning test mule! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 94 Integra Megasquirt tuning test mule!

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Default 94 Integra Megasquirt tuning test mule!

Hey guys,

So ive been quiet for a bit, not much going on during the winter, but i figured hey, ive started a fun little project and maybe some of you would like to follow it.

Before i begin, yes yes, i know, chipped obd1 is the best way to go for honda, blah blah blah. I purchased the ecu BEFORE the car, to keep as a spare. One day i got to thinking, what can i do with this ecu? Maybe i should get a test bed to learn a bit on. Maybe i find a car thats cheap, plentiful, and easy to get aftermarket parts for.....

So, i decided on this shitty 1994 Acura integra. B18b1, common as dirt, easy to turbo, blah blah blah.

So far, i have base lined the car. Im waiting on an ecu header to arrive so that i can build my jumper harness to the ms3x ecu. Once that comes, ill take more pics and update as i go.

Plans are to learn megasquirt a bit more in depth, but also use this to learn the ways of tuning cars on a more difficult and less user friendly environment.

SO, the plans are as follows. FIRST, build a jumper harness, get it up and running, and get the triggering system working perfectly. This will involve doing trigger logs and adjusting the potentiometers for the VR conditioners until i get a perfect and unbroken signal. Once this is done, i can start with base map and do a complete tune NA. I can then overlay this over the stock baseline and see how i did. Once that is done, i plan to change out the exhaust to a free flowing one, and massage the tune again, for any error the extra flow creates. Once this is done, its time to get an ebay turbo, and boost it.

So, i guess here are the pics, and keep an eye out. Itll be a neat litle diy project!

Thanks for looking.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Savage!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?