Quantcast
Global Warming? Nope, it's time for an ice age... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming? Nope, it's time for an ice age...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Global Warming? Nope, it's time for an ice age...

Source

Habibullo Abdussamatov, the head of space research at Pulkovo and the author of the study, has been predicting the arrival of another little ice age since 2003, based on his study of the behaviour of the Sun’s different cycles and the solar activity that then results. His model — informed by Earth’s 18 earlier little ice ages over the past 7,500 years, six of them in the last thousand years — led to his prediction more than a decade ago that the next little ice age would occur between 2012 and 2015. Unlike the global warming models of scientists, which were soon disproved by actual measurements, Abdussamatov’s models have been affirmed by actual events, including the rise of the oceans and the measurable irradiance sent earthward by the sun. This record of accuracy — which he has repeatedly demonstrated in studies between 2003 and now — leads him to now confidently state that in 2014–15, we began our entry into the 19th Little Ice Age.
    Interesting to say the least...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I think we have approx 40k mild global climate weather forecast until the next real ice age begins
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

The most funny part, as mentioned, global cooling kills everything and affects biodiversity. Global warming actually helps humans.

Such a god damn scam, this is why you have global warming skeptics, because the "sky is falling" crowd have made global warming so incredibly over-the-top that its hard to believe their claims.

I wonder how many of the alarmists know that the Earth always has and always will, go through natural climate change?

Climate change has become a "religion" for the masses, and just as importantly, a pathetic excuse for governments to tax the shit out of us. To add insult to injury, the masses believe the ridiculous government propaganda that carbon taxes will help our environment. Except, not only is that the furthest thing from truth, but such taxes will create significantly higher poverty, disease, ignorance, crime, etc.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 12-23-2016 at 08:54 AM.

A main rule of government propaganda is to make it as believable as possible. Yet, the government's reasons for a carbon tax are so utterly UNBELIEVABLE that it's laughable. It's as if they just said, "The masses will believe anything we tell them, so go ahead and blatantly lie as long as it makes us more money". They're not EVEN trying to be convincing.

A couple of other things...

Regarding computer models:

A computer is merely a machine that does what it’s told to do. In other words, give me enough money, and I’ll program a computer model to say anything you want. I’ll just cherry pick the input data, ignore contradictory variables, and create an acceleration rate to your liking.

Regarding Earth’s temperature:

The Earth isn’t a human that you can accurately take its temperature (let alone accurately take it over the last 100 years and claim a very tiny difference. How can you claim accuracy given that the earth has tens of thousands of various temperature points that constantly change through the various seasons, subterranean effects, Earths orbit, Earth’s wobble, cosmic rays, the Sun’s orbit, etc. Given all that, it seems ludicrous to claim a .85 C change in the last 100 years. The variables are too immense and well, variable. It’s like claiming you can grab a handful of air. Such claims normally indicate a vested interest which is based in money making. Oh wait.

Now above and beyond that, even if you do believe the alarmists and the whole Co2 thing, then also note that the only way to significantly reduce Co2 in the atmosphere is if we all committed suicide. Oh ya, kill all the cows first as their greenhouse gas (methane) is significant
    Last edited by Seth1968; 12-23-2016 at 11:28 AM.

This too:

Please stop with that "97% of scientists..." BS.

The myth of an almost-unanimous climate-change consensus is pervasive. Last May, the White House tweeted: “Ninety-seven percent of scientists agree: #climate change is real, man-made and dangerous.” A few days later, Secretary of State John Kerry announced, “Ninety-seven percent of the world’s scientists tell us this is urgent.”

“Ninety-seven percent of the world’s scientists” say no such thing.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...sus-ian-tuttle

There are numerous articles about this deception.

What am I missing? Did a 7 year old write that? His model is affirmed, because he called for an ice age in 2012 to 2015, but instead, we got record high temperatures, and record low artic sea ice.

I'm just an auto mechanic, but wouldn't an ice age result in record high artic sea ice?

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Gestalt
    What am I missing? Did a 7 year old write that? His model is affirmed, because he called for an ice age in 2012 to 2015, but instead, we got record high temperatures, and record low artic sea ice.

I'm just an auto mechanic, but wouldn't an ice age result in record high artic sea ice?
    This was my thinking exactly...

Global warming might be overhyped. I mean, it may be happening but *no one knows* what the future holds.

If Trump decides to build and launch a few nukes, nearly every scientist agrees that that will cause a nuclear winter. Alternately, a meteoroid impact would also cause extreme cooling.

So it may just be as well we heat up the planet a few degrees before we blow it all up and bring it to -70 Celsius (nuclear winter) Because it we don't heat it up now, its going to be that much colder later.

Now that is a conspiracy worth posting.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Global warming might be overhyped. I mean, it may be happening but *no one knows* what the future holds.
    Climatologists claim to know.

Climatology isn't a science. It's an ambiguous profession that's now funded by governments to push their agenda.

Climatology has about as much validity as astrology.

Last edited by Gestalt; 12-23-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Wikipedia........So cute
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...piers-sellers/
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatology
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_sciences

Before you call an atmospheric physicist and other scientists invalid.
    Before yet another member twists my words, or puts words into my mouth.

There is no such thing as a scientific climatologist. The Earth's so called "temperature" is based on many very complex variables, which are again variables in of themselves. To base a scientific conclusion in this regard is ludicrous (especially when that conclusion is, "The sky is falling". That is not science, but rather an insult to science.

If climatologists were truthful: "We're just kind of making this shit up as we go along, and all along as the funding keeps flowing".

Want one example of real science?

Rosetta was launched on 2 March 2004 and travelled 6.4 billion kilometres through the Solar System before arriving at the comet on 6 August 2014.
    http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Sp...etta/Touchdown!_Rosetta_s_Philae_probe_lands_on_comet
    Last edited by Seth1968; 12-23-2016 at 06:32 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Seth, you should present your expertise at a conference or university. People need to know the truth.
    Ultracrepidarian

It's a cowspiracy, obviously the corrupt scientific community would not allow contrary research.

Originally posted by msommers
    Seth, you should present your expertise at a conference or university. People need to know the truth.
    Do I sit or stand while wiping my ass?

What people need to know, is to be critical of what the so called experts say. This of course, is the opposite of what is taught in our educational system. You probably don't want to get me started on our pathetic educational system, but if you do, start a new thread.

Assume nothing, question everything. This is the epitome of logic, and shows a receptiveness to alternate view points.

BTW- To question something, doesn't mean you're against it.

It's a cowspiracy, obviously the corrupt scientific community would not allow contrary research.

Go to your room, the adults need to talk.

That's exactly what the education system advocates. Critical thinking.

Wtf?

Are you serious or just screwing with me?

Agree or disagree with your overall position and set aside the fact Seth is nuts, the above statement is it's own type of wacky. My experience has been the fastest way to an F in our education system is to think critically. Regurgitate what you're being told and it's nothing but A's.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast