Quantcast
RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

My Ride
    changes every year

well after a little spirited douche driving to see what this thing can do and then some looking around in the engine bay, it's deleted and tuned.

this thing is a monster lol

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    well, I got rid f the half ton and picked up something more work friendly.

2009 Dodge Ram 3500 QC Diesel. 4 inch lift, black projectors with HIDs, AFE intake and straight pipe. it's loud as fuck. it's been used, it's got some bumps n bruises but I'll clean it up a bit.

oh and thanks to Jordan at UrbanX south for getting me in last minute to throw the Toyo AT 285/70R17s on.
    Nice! I may be biased towards white trucks though, one day I'd like to have an excuse to get a Cummings too. For now I'm quite happy with my 1500. Jordan's good peoples, hooked me up with my wheels and tires recently.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

well after a little spirited douche driving to see what this thing can do and then some looking around in the engine bay, it's deleted and tuned.

this thing is a monster lol
    Are you going to put a smarty on it or are you one of those guys that doesn't care about fuel consumption ??? :P
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by yohan4ws

Are you going to put a smarty on it or are you one of those guys that doesn't care about fuel consumption ??? :P
    Well I've found out its already tuned and I don't know with what. I do have a smarty but I don't think I can use it. it will be a welding rig eventually so fuel consumption is pretty high on the list.

right now I've gone through half a tank and I've gone 460 kms. Pretty fucking good.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Well I've found out its already tuned and I don't know with what. I do have a smarty but I don't think I can use it. it will be a welding rig eventually so fuel consumption is pretty high on the list.

right now I've gone through half a tank and I've gone 460 kms. Pretty fucking good.
    That's awesome - I bought a Pentastar in a 1500 ST in hopes of saving fuel, took my camper to Castle mountain this weekend (8' slide in) .. with Airlift 1000's I'm still saggin 2" so .. out they go and I'll be ordering Boss lift kit tomorrow ... I was getting 12mpg (20L/100km) .. I think it has a lot to do with the 3.21 gearing.

Stop and go city driving I average out at 12, otherwise 10-11l/100km is the round trip average on flat highway.

I'm not lacking power, just hate seeing the mpg dial climb off the scale above 30 every time I hit a hill.

That being said, if anyone wants to buy my Airlift 1000 kit - used once and installed for 2 weeks, hit me up .. I can still return it to the store for the $117 I paid for it until Mar 10. (30days they offer full money back guarantee from 4wheelparts)
    Last edited by yohan4ws; 02-28-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    DannyO

What you guys think about this deal? To good to be true?

Anything to look out for in the Edmonton/Fort Mac area on used vehicles regarding the Fort Mac fires?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/e...ationFlag=true

My Ride
    LNF

Keep in mind with that truck it does not have the full leather seats. Just the partial leather/vinyl. It also might not have heated seats because it looks like a base sport model.

Looks like a good deal and in good condition. Nothing to look out for specifically due to the fires. I would just inspect to make it wasn't used to fly up and down the shitty lease roads.

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by mzdspd
    Keep in mind with that truck it does not have the full leather seats. Just the partial leather/vinyl. It also might not have heated seats because it looks like a base sport model.

Looks like a good deal and in good condition. Nothing to look out for specifically due to the fires. I would just inspect to make it wasn't used to fly up and down the shitty lease roads.
    Winter driving in that city is the same or worse than a lease road.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by mzdspd

Interior pictures show it has heated seats and steering wheel.

Considering the next closest thing with heated/cooled seats and a sunroof which is basically the only difference is $35,000. Not sure paying an extra $7,500 is worth it just for those 2 things.

The guy doesn't seem to eager to sell it anyways, all I got out of him was a no, asked him a couple questions. &#$ Kijiji

That's awesome - I bought a Pentastar in a 1500 ST in hopes of saving fuel, took my camper to Castle mountain this weekend (8' slide in) .. with Airlift 1000's I'm still saggin 2" so .. out they go and I'll be ordering Boss lift kit tomorrow ... I was getting 12mpg (20L/100km) .. I think it has a lot to do with the 3.21 gearing.

Stop and go city driving I average out at 12, otherwise 10-11l/100km is the round trip average on flat highway.

I'm not lacking power, just hate seeing the mpg dial climb off the scale above 30 every time I hit a hill.

That being said, if anyone wants to buy my Airlift 1000 kit - used once and installed for 2 weeks, hit me up .. I can still return it to the store for the $117 I paid for it until Mar 10. (30days they offer full money back guarantee from 4wheelparts)
    I haven't towed anything with the truck but down the road I'm planning on picking up a tent trailer or a small camper but after doing some reading I feel like I should've gone with the 3.92 instead of the 3.21. I'm sure this can be "upgraded" but probably not worth it. Has anyone done the upgrade from 3.21 to 3.92 or higher?

My Ride
    Trucks

I have 3.92 and should have went with 3.21 to go with the 8-speed. The 8-speed gear spread is huge but the 5/6 speeds can definitely benefit from 4.10 or 4.56 gears.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Originally posted by Darell_n
    I have 3.92 and should have went with 3.21 to go with the 8-speed. The 8-speed gear spread is huge but the 5/6 speeds can definitely benefit from 4.10 or 4.56 gears.
    What don't you like about the 3.92 ? From what I've read a lot of people dislike the gear searching in the 3.21 ... I can't climb even the slightest hill without kicking into 7th or even 6th.
    DannyO

My Ride
    Trucks

What don't you like about the 3.92 ? From what I've read a lot of people dislike the gear searching in the 3.21 ... I can't climb even the slightest hill without kicking into 7th or even 6th.
    Not much, just the cruising rpm is a little on the high side with stock 20's on the truck.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by Clever

I haven't towed anything with the truck but down the road I'm planning on picking up a tent trailer or a small camper but after doing some reading I feel like I should've gone with the 3.92 instead of the 3.21. I'm sure this can be "upgraded" but probably not worth it. Has anyone done the upgrade from 3.21 to 3.92 or higher?
    The gear upgrade can be done but you'll need to change both diffs, and get a program (speaking from a GM standpoint)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cost to change gear ratios is shockingly high. For that small of a trailer, I honestly wouldn't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Cost to change gear ratios is shockingly high. For that small of a trailer, I honestly wouldn't bother.
    For the slight bump in fuel economy, you would never ever ever recoup the cost of changing it.

Also, you can only tow max with the 3.92, towing capacity is only something like 7900 with the 3.21.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Sport model, Blue, quad cab, full leather, back up camera, tow package, few other options I'd have to look up.. Added a bakflip tonneau cover and some new tires... Asking $42k.
    Other options were heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and remote start. 18,210km right now.

Lowering my price to $41k firm.

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0

The gear upgrade can be done but you'll need to change both diffs, and get a program (speaking from a GM standpoint)
    Dodge runs the speed sensor from the rear axle ring gear so a programmer shouldn't be needed, unless this changed recently.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by Darell_n

Not much, just the cruising rpm is a little on the high side with stock 20's on the truck.
    How fast do you cruise? I've also got the 5.7, 8 speed, 3.92s and 20s on my '16 Longhorn and was curious about this statement so I did some testing.

110km/h is ~1800-1900ish
    120km/h is ~2000
    130km/h is ~2100
    140km/h is ~2300

I get decent economy too, I'm averaging 14.7 l/100km (dash) in mixed driving, and I don't drive for economy and cruise a little fast. I personally have no regrets getting the 3.92s. The tiny bit of fuel I'd save with 3.21s isn't a good trade-off for a gutless truck that can't tow my toyhauler. I've driven the 3.21s in rentals and it makes the truck feel like a V6 off the line IMO.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast