Quantcast
RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Default RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

So as all the other trucks having their own dedicated threads and nothing yet that I have seen for the Ram, I decided to start one here. Share your own Ram truck ideas, thoughts, upgrades, problems, etc.

I just picked up a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport back at the end of October with basically everything besides the airbags with 32,000km. I went from a 2015 Odyssey EX-L Navi and let me tell you...the Ram is much more enjoyable to drive!! Also main reason to get the truck is to better tow a tent trailer that I was towing with the van. Definitely a tighter fit in the garage now.

I've got hooked on wanting to add and buy aftermarket goodies for the truck but had to put a stop to that asap as there is sooo many things that can be done...If only $$ wasn't a deciding factor.

Things I have done to my truck:
    -Mopar tri-fold hard tonneau cover
    -DeeZee Tailgate assist
    -Husky Weatherbeater liners front and back
    -Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 studded winter tires on OEM 20" Rims (can't wait for more snow!!)
    -AMP Research BedXtender
    -Philips Crystal Vision bulbs

Headlights are not much to be desired on this truck with projector headlights and not sure why they didn't come with HIDs or LED headlights yet. So upgrades I want to do would be to get LED Headlights but with the EVIC error codes not too sure what works without having to add extra resistors(wiring) to get the best light output on the projector headlights. I was considering the XenonDepot LED Canbus kit but they require the extra resistors for the wiring. The other one would be the Putco Nite-Lux but not too sure if that has extra wiring that is needed as well. Not a fan of using HID kits nor want to have a discussion of getting a proper projector kit done up for my truck.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by redevil; 05-26-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Wait, you're telling me these headlights are not HID? It is a proper projector housing, i definitely thought these all were HID with this package.

My CX5 has projectors without HIDs too.

The new Subaru Forester has HIDs WITHOUT projectors. Figure that out.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    bus

I've got a set of canbus hids from the retrofit source, works well in my 2014 sport. The cut off on these projectors are good and as bright as my A4. I can't wait until the stock tires wear out so I can grab a set of KO2's.

My Ride

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    [B]Wait, you're telling me these headlights are not HID? It is a proper projector housing, i definitely thought these all were HID with this package.
    Yup that is right, not HIDs. You would think since Chrysler has standard HIDs on lots of their other cars and Jeeps that they would have it on the Ram.

My Ride
    93 INTEGRA

Originally posted by redblack
    I've got a set of canbus hids from the retrofit source, works well in my 2014 sport. The cut off on these projectors are good and as bright as my A4. I can't wait until the stock tires wear out so I can grab a set of KO2's.
    How much were those? I have a rebel and always wondered why they would put led fogs but no led or hid headlights.

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by redevil

Yup that is right, not HIDs. You would think since Chrysler has standard HIDs on lots of their other cars and Jeeps that they would have it on the Ram.
    HIDs are not even an option on their top of the line truck. Anyway, as stated, the projector and cut-off is very good to put your own HID directly into. The reason I think they don't offer HIDs is the load height varies greatly on these trucks with the coil rear springs. It takes very little weight to raise the headlight cut-off high enough to blind everyone.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 12-24-2016 at 09:50 AM.

My Ride
    changes every year

I have had my 2013 Big Horn since 2013 but was used with 6k on it and now has about 40k on it. I haven't touched a single thing on it mod wise.

however, I don't have projectors like you guys and my lights suck dick and I need new tires soon. driving in today's weather would definitely get me in a ditch.

any ideas on light upgrades for non projectors and decent but not crazy expensive tires? I don't think I'm going to mod my truck, I love my truck but I'm not a truck guy if that makes sense lol

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I have an 08 2500 SLT 6.7L, 400k

Few mods: billet converter, shift kit, upgraded tranny oil pump, minimaxx, sport console, wheels, fender flares

Try and find a pic to post
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    a fun 4 cylinder

I have a 2009 ram 3500 with levelling kit, 35x12.5x18 on fuel wheels, dpf delete, turbo back exhaust, cold air intake and led headlights
    I will find a picture later.
    Last edited by RZRSHARP_SVX; 12-24-2016 at 12:13 PM.

I picked up a 2016 Ram 1500 SLT last summer, aside from the undercover tonneau cover and side steps it's pretty stock. Looking into getting it leveled, but I haven't decided if I should go with blocks or the blistein shocks. Once that's done I'm going to sort out wheels and tires, then that's about it I'm not really sold on intakes for trucks so I'll probably skip that. Then again, I'm new to the whole truck scene so who knows what may happen down the road.

Default Re: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

So as all the other trucks having their own dedicated threads and nothing yet that I have seen for the Ram, I decided to start one here. Share your own Ram truck ideas, thoughts, upgrades, problems, etc.

I just picked up a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport back at the end of October with basically everything besides the airbags with 32,000km. I went from a 2015 Odyssey EX-L Navi and let me tell you...the Ram is much more enjoyable to drive!! Also main reason to get the truck is to better tow a tent trailer that I was towing with the van. Definitely a tighter fit in the garage now. ]
    Whatd you pay for your ram if you don't mind me asking. I got my eye on a black 2015 ram 1500 sport crew loaded with 60,000km for $35,000.

My Ride

Default Re: Re: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

Originally posted by Matty_10

Whatd you pay for your ram if you don't mind me asking. I got my eye on a black 2015 ram 1500 sport crew loaded with 60,000km for $35,000.

I got a great deal on it for just under $40k with my van as a trade-in.

If you are looking at any from Big 4 I can recommend a great guy to deal with.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I work for Mopar and that surprised the hell out of me when i got my Ram Sport. Its a plain old 9012 bulb that was "specially" designed for the projector lens. I drove to Kelowna at night and thought I was going to die. Light output was so poor. Next day i did ordered the HIDs for the projectors and fogs.

Other than the light output Ive been very happy with my personal '14 Ram sport and '15 company Ram Sport. The 8 speed on the highway is amazing and the interior is second to none imo.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Wait, you're telling me these headlights are not HID? It is a proper projector housing, i definitely thought these all were HID with this package.

I can assure you that they are not. They are a halogen 9012 bulb.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Funny enough, I was driving home tonight and beside me was another 4th gen ram 1500. We were stopped at a light and I noticed a big difference between his headlights and mine. It looked like he had after market projectors though, but whatever it was, I want one. So if anyone could recommend me a set I would appreciate it.

Any idea if dodge has got their shit together rust protection wise? I love the ram but used to work for a rental company and the gen4 rams were the only trucks I ever saw with rust (bumper chrome and rear fender wells were the main spots). I see a lot of them on the street with rust too...

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by J-hop
    Any idea if dodge has got their shit together rust protection wise? I love the ram but used to work for a rental company and the gen4 rams were the only trucks I ever saw with rust (bumper chrome and rear fender wells were the main spots). I see a lot of them on the street with rust too...
    The Dodge trucks are built in an old plant that is churning out the worst paint quality of any piece of machinery I've looked at in 20 years. I still bought one a few years ago, knowing this. Dealer had my passenger door repainted before turning over the keys to me. Now this door looks perfect, too perfect.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 12-30-2016 at 06:32 AM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by civic_stylez

I work for Mopar and that surprised the hell out of me when i got my Ram Sport. Its a plain old 9012 bulb that was "specially" designed for the projector lens. I drove to Kelowna at night and thought I was going to die. Light output was so poor. Next day i did ordered the HIDs for the projectors and fogs.
    All you had to do was throw the HIDs in? Not blinding anyone? I have the same truck as you - '14 Ram sport. Been considering the HIDs.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    bus

Here's the hids in my truck. Morimoto ballast, canbus adaptors and 5000k bulbs

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast