Quantcast
RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

All you had to do was throw the HIDs in? Not blinding anyone? I have the same truck as you - '14 Ram sport. Been considering the HIDs.
    Projectors have a really nice cut off from the factory. Lights dont blind anyone and I did the 4300k for a real OEM look. Installing them requires a bit of work (grille removal and drilling the back of the housing) but its quite simple with basic tools and a drill. Did the fogs as well and theyre great when camping out in the bush in the pitch black.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by civic_stylez

Projectors have a really nice cut off from the factory. Lights dont blind anyone and I did the 4300k for a real OEM look. Installing them requires a bit of work (grille removal and drilling the back of the housing) but its quite simple with basic tools and a drill. Did the fogs as well and theyre great when camping out in the bush in the pitch black.
    Figured. Thanks for the info.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    06 F-150

How are you guys liking your Ram? I had an F150 and after the tranny failing for the second time in a year I am done. I need something new and reliable and a Ram seems to be the cheapest option out there. I've got an offer on a brand new 2016 for about 34K. Doesn't come with crazy bells and whistles but pretty good for the price. 4x4, hemi, blue tooth, side steps, box liner, four door. Seems I can't go wrong with the price but am having a hard time pulling the trigger.

My Ride

Originally posted by chathamf
    How are you guys liking your Ram? I had an F150 and after the tranny failing for the second time in a year I am done. I need something new and reliable and a Ram seems to be the cheapest option out there. I've got an offer on a brand new 2016 for about 34K. Doesn't come with crazy bells and whistles but pretty good for the price. 4x4, hemi, blue tooth, side steps, box liner, four door. Seems I can't go wrong with the price but am having a hard time pulling the trigger.
    Its one of those things where you will have people tell you theyre the best trucks ever and have people say theyre shit. Same with any vehicle. From my own experience, its the best truck out there. I have lots of friends with F150's, Silverado's, Titans etc and theyre all nice... i just find for an actual driving experience in the city and on the highway, the ram has an amazing ride. I would suggest the 8 speed trans if your budget will allow. Ive been very happy with mine and there are alot of people who constantly upgrade their rams for newer model rams as time goes by. Just my input.

Its hard to say if its a good deal without knowing the model and options. Car cost canada is a good starting point.

I walked away with my '14 loaded sport for $42k when MSRP was $55k.

Originally posted by civic_stylez

Its one of those things where you will have people tell you theyre the best trucks ever and have people say theyre shit. Same with any vehicle. From my own experience, its the best truck out there. I have lots of friends with F150's, Silverado's, Titans etc and theyre all nice... i just find for an actual driving experience in the city and on the highway, the ram has an amazing ride. I would suggest the 8 speed trans if your budget will allow. Ive been very happy with mine and there are alot of people who constantly upgrade their rams for newer model rams as time goes by. Just my input.
    I agree

Originally posted by spike98

Its hard to say if its a good deal without knowing the model and options. Car cost canada is a good starting point.

I walked away with my '14 loaded sport for $42k when MSRP was $55k.

I agree
    from a reliability standpoint, I've not had any issues and the 6R80 in the F150's since 09' have been reasonably reliable based on many forums and even car reports.

I believe the 8 speed in the ram is very reliable as is the 5.7 Hemi even with the MDS

I've heard of transmission issues with the 8 speed GMs and with the active fuel management on both the 5.3 and 6.2 but overall everyone who owns a GM tells me they are rock solid

On the half ton front, I think the Tundra is still #1 overall for reliability, you pay for it, but the chassis is only as capable as a truck in the era it came out as (mid-2000s)

on the HD side, I think GM dominates with the duramax, the allison and the overall chassis.
    I think the Ford SD's are sound but the powerstroke just isn't as reliable as the Duramax
    The Cummins is wonderful, as is the Asin tranny but the Chassis & periphaels I've heard isn't as stout as either the Ford or GM

IMO the Ram 1500 is the value leader right now... Its reliable, its powerful, reasonably capable, and one of the most efficient (if not the most for a High output V8) for by far the best price
    I like the look and the interior as well...
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 01-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.

My Ride
    something green

My 06 is nearing 400k kilometers, everything electrical still works. My GM work trucks were electrical basket cases past 140k.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    06 F-150

Thanks for the info guys. I feel like I'm leaning towards the Ram. No one else can even seem to come close to the price I was offered with the amount of options. It was an SLT 4x4 Hemi and 8 speed tranny.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

the hemi with the 8-speed transmission is a pretty nice powertrain, and that's coming from a serious ford guy.

I've heard several people mention that teh Ram is the best deal out these, but I haven't noticed that to be the case, I think they are just better at marketing their discounts. For reference, you should be able to get an F150 5.0L XTR for pretty close to that 34K price you mentioned. Maybe 38K, I haven't negotiated on one in a while, am I out to lunch on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    the hemi with the 8-speed transmission is a pretty nice powertrain, and that's coming from a serious ford guy.

I've heard several people mention that teh Ram is the best deal out these, but I haven't noticed that to be the case, I think they are just better at marketing their discounts. For reference, you should be able to get an F150 5.0L XTR for pretty close to that 34K price you mentioned. Maybe 38K, I haven't negotiated on one in a while, am I out to lunch on that?
    Agreed. Working for Mopar we see all the competition and you can definitely get an F150 for almost the same price as a Ram. Chev isnt far off either. All the marketing depts watch each other closely. Any brand doing something crazy will be closely met by most other brands. Sometimes youll catch the higher optioned models priced the same as less equipped models so watch for those as they do happen.

My Ride
    bus

When I bought my ram a comparable ecoboost was about 1200 more and a Sierra was close to 3k more. Tundra crew max was about 8k more lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, although there is a real perception that Ram is the value leader right now, and I guess hats off to the marketing folks that are making that perception stick.

Might have something to do with the "newer" generation Fords selling really well, maybe local dealers are attempting to give fewer discounts, I don't know. I have a feeling some folks are overpaying for the newer fords because of the perceived scarcity. I don't think there is any real scarcity though. Maybe the ford dealers are marketing a different idea . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

For small businesses, Ram is a value leader as often their fleet program is less sticky than the others on who qualifies for dirt cheap fleet pricing. On my last diesel, GM dealers couldn't come within $15k of the price for a comparably equipped truck and Ford was even more out to lunch.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

16' sport owner here. K&N intake and some good ole duratracks are my only mods..

Quick question - the traffic control on this truck continuously pisses me off. Even when you turn it off, it always seems to still be engaged.. Is there a way to code this out or any modifications that can fix it?

Cheers
    BB

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    16' sport owner here. K&N intake and some good ole duratracks are my only mods..

Quick question - the traffic control on this truck continuously pisses me off. Even when you turn it off, it always seems to still be engaged.. Is there a way to code this out or any modifications that can fix it?

Cheers
    BB
    Never heard of traffic control, am I missing something here? How do you like your K&N's, do you see a real benefit to them?

My Ride
    06 F-150

I think he means traction control.

My Ride
    something green

Traffic control is the 50 Cal mounted to the roof.
    Too loud for Aspen

I think he means traction control.
    I thought so too, but I still googled it anyway. just to make sure.

My Ride
    bus

The only way to fully disable the traction control is to put it into 4LOW

My Ride
    Trucks

Hold the traction button for a long time and the stability control should shut off too.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast