Quantcast
Keys taken taken from gym - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Keys taken taken from gym

Default Keys taken taken from gym

I had left my keys on the front side table at my gym by mistake instead of putting them in my bag. Went back after my workout and realized I did this and they were gone. I'm hoping the camera at the gym caught the person or maybe it was an honest mistake and someone picked them up.

In case they are gone, is it hard to get a replacement viper fob and a Honda key cut? Probably going to change my locks to my house as well

My Ride
    changes every year

did you ask the front desk if anyone dropped off the keys?

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    did you ask the front desk if anyone dropped off the keys?
    Nobody was at the front desk on Christmas day, its a 24hr facility. I have contacted the owner of the gym and he said he will be checking the cameras when he gets back on Tuesday. Hoping the camera shows what happened.

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

Replacing a Honda key varies from what year your vehicle is, but roughly you are looking around $100-700 depending on where you go.

Hopefully you'll find them soon enough

Hopefully someone just took them to put them to someplace more safe.

What amazes me is how many people are thieves though. My gym is also 24 hours (probably the same one) and people had stuff stolen all the time. It's amazing to think that if you leave your shit out and there's 10 people in the gym, chances are one of them is a thief. Those thoughts don't even remotely cross my mind when I see people's stuff lying around, it's sad how many people are cool with theft. Like what are you going to do with stolen keys? Steal the guys car? Then go to his house and B&E? Then just continue on with life? Wtf. You'd think if they have a gym membership they are at least employed, yet they are willing to risk everything for a theft charge in a place loaded with cameras and what I assume is sign-in/sign-out tracking with the fobs.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-27-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Update: keys were found.

After the owner checked the videos he was able to narrow it down to whom took them. The person brought them back and claimed he just grabbed them from the table by mistake ( i left them on the table).

The keys were to my winter beater (2001 honda crv) and it doesn't have my home address or garage door opener in it which is good. Just in case anyone loses a viper fob for a 1 way DONT go to visions. They quoated me 100 for a new one way fob and another 35 to get it programed. Sound Temp said between 50-80 for a new fob all in.

My spare honda key was annoying to use so i went to t&t honda and they cut me a new key using my vin for only 15 bucks.

Originally posted by automotivat3d
    Replacing a Honda key varies from what year your vehicle is, but roughly you are looking around $100-700 depending on where you go.

Originally posted by jabjab

My spare honda key was annoying to use so i went to t&t honda and they cut me a new key using my vin for only 15 bucks.
    ITT: Sound advice.

By annoying I mean it was non Honda key that the previous owner gave to me and you had to jiggle it for 5 seconds to get it out of the ignition.

New key works so smooth!

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by C_Dave45

ITT: Sound advice.
    The older (non-chipped) Honda keys usually cost ~10-15. The new chipped ones vary in price.

Originally posted by G-ZUS

The older (non-chipped) Honda keys usually cost ~10-15. The new chipped ones vary in price.
    The Honda dealership in the NW quoated me 25 and they were aware it was not chipped and it was for a 2001 Honda CrV.

T&T was good to deal with.

Visions was rip off to get a new FOB, good thing I didn't end up needing one.