Quantcast
Boxing Day - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day

Sales are weak, but still - remember that Trumpaggeddon will happen on Jan 20th.

Which could mean anywhere from 10% to 55% import tariff on Chinese goods. Although we are in Canada, we are at the whims of the US transportation network.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Originally posted by speedog
    Popped into the NE Memory Express to pick up a small regular priced item, saw the insane lineup for the tills, turned around and left.
    Same with me. Couldn't be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Did my shopping online. Might have to wait a few days for delivery, but it beats standing outside in the cold for a couple of hours.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Was introducing an exchange student that is the horror of boxing day in North America at Crossiron Mill.

There was not many deals at CM, picked up some Sketchers and some workout clothes, that's it.

Lesson learnt, no more boxing day for her.

That said, still went to MemX in NW in the afternoon and surprising it's NOT a shit show. Bought 2 Chromecast and a 3TB USB drive, in and out in 10mins flat.

Hit the south MemX, showed up 5 min before opening and the line was all the way to the east side of the building. Probably 15 minutes until I hit a till though, so good on them for that. Got a mediocre deal on some computer hardware, but I needed it anyway so what the heck.
    dv/dt

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Was introducing an exchange student that is the horror of boxing day in North America at Crossiron Mill.

There was not many deals at CM, picked up some Sketchers and some workout clothes, that's it.

That said, still went to MemX in NW in the afternoon and surprising it's NOT a shit show. Bought 2 Chromecast and a 3TB USB drive, in and out in 10mins flat.

Lol....people wear sketchers?

I went to deerfoot meadows best buy and witnessed a pushing and screaming match. Grabbed a micro SD that was half off and got out of there. The deals were terrible...I looked at a few TVs that were advertised on the front of the flyer and you are saving maybe 10-20% off full blown retail on a 2015 model TV. Gopro accessories were 5% off, a sonos soundbar I've have my eye on was $850 when regular is $900. Its honestly not worth the time going out on boxing day I've decided.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Black Friday > Boxing day
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I couldn't even imagine going to Cross Irons today. I was driving up to Olds and traffic was backed up from the entrance to the mall all the way beyond the Stony Trail offramp, two lanes wide at a standstill.

There is no deal worth putting up with that shitshow
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Yeah, no BD deals caught my attention, and it is all hype now, but I have been saying that for years.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

When will retailers realize that making boxing day a week long event only saves them and their customers headaches and stress?

Many have started to do it. Ultimately they get the sales they want, and the consumer is happy to not wait outside for 5 hours in the cold. Never made much sense to me.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Managed to not buy anything today other than a Pizza lol

By the way... anybody know where I could get a natural gas BBQ this time of year?

My Ride
    rally pig

grabbed 4 continental wintercontact si tires at the canadian tire in cranbrook this morning as my blizzaks finally gave up after 8 seasons, a local was asking me if the tires were on sale

hopefully someone in invermere can install the tires so that i can finally drive back home.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Shlade
    Managed to not buy anything today other than a Pizza lol

By the way... anybody know where I could get a natural gas BBQ this time of year?
    BBQ galore should be open tomorrow.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Type_S1

Lol....people wear sketchers?
    I like them, been pain free ever since I switched to them a few years back. They are fine for walking/casual, not for sports.

Originally posted by OTown
    When will retailers realize that making boxing day a week long event only saves them and their customers headaches and stress?

Many have started to do it. Ultimately they get the sales they want, and the consumer is happy to not wait outside for 5 hours in the cold. Never made much sense to me.
    Oh it is a week long event but good deal are usually cleaned out within the 1st few hours on 26th. By 11am, most the stuff I want to buy has only sizes xs, s or xl, xxl left. Unless they release stock on the 23rd. Glad I traded in my XBone into XBone S on the 23rd instead the gone show that is today.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-26-2016 at 08:48 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    BBQ galore should be open tomorrow.
    Excellent I'll give that a look

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by BigMass
    No matter how good TV deals continue to get, it's 2017 and pretty much everyone I know has a good TV at this point. Not many people with top of the line 1080 screens are rushing out to buy a 4k tv with often worse picture quality. Retail has been lucky with all the new tech advances over the past decade. Everyone moved from a dumb phone to a smartphone and moved through a few upgrades by now. Everyone dumped their CRTs and moved to flat screens. Everyone purchased a tablet. Laptops became more useful and a lot of people replaced their 200lb desktop towers from the 80s with modern sleek powerful laptops. Now what?
    My main tv is a 42" LG from 2009 that does max 1080i and has busted speakers. My backup tv is a 32 inch prima (unknown brand) from 2007 that does max 720p. Might by a 4k 50" from costco tomorrow if the deals are decent. Superstore was selling a 50" 4k today for 498$ but i had never heard of the brand (isense) and it seemed like Visions sold the same model for $50 cheaper.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Xtrema

You know the drill...

I bought this game on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Originally posted by OTown
    My promos run all week!
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    V167

So ventured out today, just went to Southcentre, was not bad at all. Took maybe 5 minutes to park, but after that smooth sailing.

Ended up buying a 50% off Flames Jersey from Sports Chek, and a sweater from The Bay.

Returned home after that. No way in hell would I venture to Chinook or Cross Iron, don't need anything in particular.

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Cross iron was normal today.... Didn't buy anything but a new hat at regular price.

Only boxing day deal I got was the $1.98 washer fluid from Home Depot, 8 bottles lol saved a whopping $8 or so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast