Quantcast
The Official Trump Thread - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Trump Thread

Haha. You make up a lot of bs.

Its the internet. You arent the only one making up bs.

European alternative enrgy is working out incredibly well.

Common sense. We have a pepertual ball of nuclear fusion in the sky, and youd rather burn stuff intk our air.

Good grief.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Citing a 6 year old article and an opinion piece is hardly evidence.

Show some real figures to back up your claims. You know: actual evidence, reports, studies. Things where there's real information in it.

Oh, and it'd be sure swell if you could find one within the last year or two. That'd be just dandy.

As I've said on beyond before, Effect Homes built the Belgravia Green in 2012. The solar setup was somewhere around $60,000. Five years later, the same same setup is less than half the cost... and falling.

Rapid advancements in recent years on all fronts. It'd be great if you'd form your argument around today's information and today's technology.

Working out so well for this bankrupt company as of last year. Oh no, poo poo them though.

--->http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/30/ob...rom-taxpayers/

The largest Green Energy company in the world filed for bankruptcy last year

--->http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/29/th...ng-bankruptcy/

Recent enough for you?

More Busts
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...llion-solar-p/

http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/29/ta...t-doesnt-work/

Solar and Wind Energy will never be cheap enough versus conventional sources, and they still need conventional sources to run and for back-up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I wouldn't say never. Like any tech, prices will drop as technology advances. We're just not there yet from a ROI perspective in Alberta due to cheap energy costs, but it's already viable today in other parts of the world with high energy costs.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    something green

I wish I had a link for that Solar engineer interview that was on QR77 around New Years, even though he sells and designs the stuff, he pretty much totally shit on the idea of installing Solar and having it pay itself back in Alberta. And even more dismal was the payback in Calgary ..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Working out so well for this bankrupt company as of last year. Oh no, poo poo them though.

--->http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/30/ob...rom-taxpayers/

The largest Green Energy company in the world filed for bankruptcy last year

--->http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/29/th...ng-bankruptcy/

Recent enough for you?

More Busts
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...llion-solar-p/

http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/29/ta...t-doesnt-work/

Solar and Wind Energy will never be cheap enough versus conventional sources, and they still need conventional sources to run and for back-up.
    Should I start posting links to all the O&G companies that have failed in the last few years?

Can you participate in the same conversation maybe? You even started it: jobs and green, and how they're terrible, don't exist, and are destroying the economy.

Come on man, stay on task. Quit moving the goalposts and back up your bloody point.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

http://business.financialpost.com/op...4-f2284a646b1d
    I gotta say, excessive government interference in business is one of my hot button issues. Individual rules can be debated until judgement day, but overall its nice to see this one area where trump seems to be doing some quantifiable good.

Oh shit, does this make me a Nazi?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    http://business.financialpost.com/op...4-f2284a646b1d
    I gotta say, excessive government interference in business is one of my hot button issues. Individual rules can be debated until judgement day, but overall its nice to see this one area where trump seems to be doing some quantifiable good.

Oh shit, does this make me a Nazi?
    Yes and anyone with an opposing opinion is a dirty communist

There I just saved people a lot of typing

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Wow, Trump ushered in a falling unemployment trend 5 years ago? How'd he do that?

Yeah this is really pretty much the truth... I am not saying he didn't bring some potential jobs back that were not there before, but the US has been on an serious employment upswing for a few years now, long before Trump got in there. I don't think one can give him credit for that.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Wow, Trump ushered in a falling unemployment trend 5 years ago? How'd he do that?
    [/img]
    Just as stating Trump has done a lot for unemployment is simplistic and really glosses over what is going on, posting that graph and claiming otherwise is also ridiculous.

The USA had it's worst recession in 20 years in 2008. Unemployment was at an unprecedented high up until 2012. The economy was normalizing over those 3-4 years, it wasn't an upswing, it was a "holy shit we can finally get back to normal" swing. Look what happened in mid 2015, growth flatlined. Wonder why that is? Oh yea, because of the democratic party. But with Trump elected, things immediately started picking back up.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Just as stating Trump has done a lot for unemployment is simplistic and really glosses over what is going on, posting that graph and claiming otherwise is also ridiculous.

The USA had it's worst recession in 20 years in 2008. Unemployment was at an unprecedented high up until 2012. The economy was normalizing over those 3-4 years, it wasn't an upswing, it was a "holy shit we can finally get back to normal" swing. Look what happened in mid 2015, growth flatlined. Wonder why that is? Oh yea, because of the democratic party. But with Trump elected, things immediately started picking back up.
    Also ridiculous to look at a few months of data and call it an upswing especially when looking a the economy of a country.

Not saying trump won't bring economic growth but a few months of jitter on the growth curve isn't anything to draw any conclusions from.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Also ridiculous to look at a few months of data and call it an upswing
    Sure, but considering the data presented, there is a clear trend that unemployment has continued to decline since he was elected. It's been 10 months (a few months, LOL, good try), I'm not saying its a permanent, continuing growth of their economy, but there CLEARLY was a pause around the elections, and it clearly picked back up afterwards.

So you tell me WHY that isn't in favour of Trump, when the data presented in this thread shows it to be. I already explained why unemployment was dropping continuously before he was elected, because it was at an all time high due to a huge recession and it just doesn't change at the snap of your fingers. You have presented zero evidence or even commentary as to WHY unemployment is still going down. And I doubt you will, or can

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Sure, but considering the data presented, there is a clear trend that unemployment has continued to decline since he was elected. It's been 10 months (a few months, LOL, good try), I'm not saying its a permanent, continuing growth of their economy, but there CLEARLY was a pause around the elections, and it clearly picked back up afterwards.

So you tell me WHY that isn't in favour of Trump, when the data presented in this thread shows it to be. I already explained why unemployment was dropping continuously before he was elected, because it was at an all time high due to a huge recession and it just doesn't change at the snap of your fingers. You have presented zero evidence or even commentary as to WHY unemployment is still going down. And I doubt you will, or can
    8 months since he entered office and could make changes I'd define that as a few in a 48 month expected term.

Why do you claim this is trump and isn't just a natural progression of the unemployment continuing from before? You make this claim that the democrats caused the plateau in 2015 but that was right when the oil started to crash so I think you may be falsely attributing causality

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Trump doesn't have to make any changes. Just being voted in office could be enough of a confidence boost to stimulate the economy/employment.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's entirely plausible.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast