My Ride
    Grimace

Default 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

Do want
    Finally coming to Canada. Should be more than 4runner and less than sequoia
    2.4l turbo hybrid

My Ride
    V8s

Will be interesting to see how much cheaper than the GX it is (or isn’t). Land cruisers are usually 90% of the Lexus for 90% of the cost aren’t they? Begs the question as to why one would ever buy the yota?

Edit: don’t get me wrong, I’ve always thought land cruisers are awesome, and it’s cool we’ll get one in Canada.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

looks like terrible knee room, or those models are six foot thirteen.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Will be interesting to see how much cheaper than the GX it is (or isn’t). Land cruisers are usually 90% of the Lexus for 90% of the cost aren’t they? Begs the question as to why one would ever buy the yota?

Edit: don’t get me wrong, I’ve always thought land cruisers are awesome, and it’s cool we’ll get one in Canada.
    I think you're a lot closer than the 4runner$ < L.Cruiser$ < Sequoia$ prediction.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    looks like terrible knee room, or those models are six foot thirteen.
    I bet these end up the size of a 4Runner and the new 4Runner gets a bit bigger.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Typically LCs have been larger than 4Rs, sturdier frames. The real question will about the engine types between the two once the 4R gets its long overdue refresh.

I just pray there is a 5 seater option, all these 7 seaters piss me off. Glad the front grill is different than the renderings. All in all will be very excited to see this in the flesh! I'm diggin the interior too.

I assume this will be at the Auto Show in 2024 (if it actually gets held).

Actually prefer the retro style headlights of the base model (called 1958)

I'm super stoked about this!

Name:  2024-toyota-land-cruiser-1958-001-64c92cea42d23.jpg
Views: 1837
Size:  156.5 KB
    Last edited by msommers; 08-01-2023 at 10:10 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bicycle

Retro headlights get my vote.

$55K USD to start, so that's what $70K... start in Canada?

Where does 4Runner fall into this now? Same platform with smaller engine? Cancelled?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post

But GX = 4R, and that’s a $55k+ vs $80k+ comp

LX = LC… and the LX is $116k+

But with the way new Toyotas are this is null and void, because there will be only over MSRP examples available

My Ride
    This and that.

Not loving the back half of it. Think I will keep my GX reservation and likely pass on this.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 08-02-2023 at 11:06 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    But GX = 4R, and that’s a $55k+ vs $80k+ comp

LX = LC… and the LX is $116k+

But with the way new Toyotas are this is null and void, because there will be only over MSRP examples available
    No. GX = Land Cruiser prado. Which shares some stuff with 4R, but they have never been the same. We’re, for the first time, getting a Land Cruiser prado.

Previously the Land Cruiser has been same as LX, like you said. But this one’s smaller.

At the end of the day, I agree with you, it’ll be a moot point for at least the first couple years of constrained supply.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Ohhhh, it’s a prado?

That’s weird, just looking at the rear windows it looked longer than a GX, that’s way too close to a 4R in size. But then again they had the FJ and 4R before. Strange, well I’m way less excited. I thought it was going to be a big LC!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s all getting a lot more nebulous with Toyotas new platform, all of these cars are now on the same platform just with varying engines and slightly varying lengths.

I am guessing this “Yoda” is going to end up a hair disappointing, such as to not cannibalize the higher margin GX too badly. So I would expect weaker engines ( maxing at 4 cyl like the Tacoma) and fewer options (not that they won’t have options, but I think less choice in packages ) to allow them to keep the prices down on these as the GX is nothing really that special feature wise and not even that luxurious.

Who knows. Maybe there won’t be another 4R out of this if they can’t differentiate.

End of the day I expect it to feel a lot like a highlander trim/tier/toys wise. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post

Ens Toyota here where I bought my truck doesn't charge any additional dealer mark-up on any vehicle. They aren't dealing but it's window sticker pricing
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It's a 250 series according to this article. Also, it isn't that much smaller.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...uiser-compared

Still, the latest Cruiser's blocky shape and nostalgia-inducing styling make it the most visually interesting of the bunch. Compared with its predecessor, the new LC is 1.2 inches shorter at 193.7 inches long, but the two have an identical 111.2-inch wheelbase. Both versions are also 78 inches wide, but the new one is just under an inch shorter at 73.2 inches tall.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Aesthetics and purposes of the LC/4R vs any Lexus aren't really meaningful to compare imo. For one, all the new Lexus SUVs have a front end that reminds me of a predator movie vs. the boxier styling Toyota is going towards. One is intended to go offroading and have less noise dampening/creature comforts while the other is a smoother and classier child carrier.

While internally there will be some shared items, I really can't see anyone truly cross-shopping these. Two entirely different market uses and clientele.

Now how they're going to differentiate the LC and 4R I'm eager to see. Unless they drop the Sequoia and enlarge the 4R but that doesn't sound realistic.
    Last edited by msommers; 08-02-2023 at 08:33 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    TRD Pro

As most have said, this should fall in line price wise between the 4Runner and Sequioa, with some overlap based on base/top models. In comparison with the GX550, there may be overlap with the base/top model again, but for the OverTrail (+) GX, I would expect it to cost ~$20k more than the top model LC. As for the engine, I think the Hybrid turbo 4 is an excellent choice, with the fuel economy that it comes with. For other models with the iforcemax 4cyl it gets around the 27MPG, where as the GX is in the 17 range. Only thing the GX would excel at is towing in comparison as the hp and tq figures are quite close.
    GX:349 hp, 479 lb.-ft 8,000lb towing
    LC:326 hp, 465 lb.-ft. 6,000lb towing

As for a new 4Runner.. Ive read some articles suggesting that it will be quite different, and go more offroad focused to battle the Bronco and Wrangler. Possibly even smaller than current as to give a bit more breathing room to the LC.

Im on the list for an LC, (Or should I say have a reservation to be fancy?) but it will all depend on pricing. As much as I would love the OverTrail GX, I think it will end up being a bit more than what I want to spend for that configuration. (All other GXs seat 7, Overtrails are 5)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Typically LCs have been larger than 4Rs, sturdier frames. The real question will about the engine types between the two once the 4R gets its long overdue refresh.

I just pray there is a 5 seater option, all these 7 seaters piss me off. Glad the front grill is different than the renderings. All in all will be very excited to see this in the flesh! I'm diggin the interior too.

All 2024 LC models are 5 seaters. Only GX gets 7 in all trims except OverTrail.

My Ride
    Bicycle

If rumored price difference between this "Land Cruiser" and GX is only $5K USD and GX get LS's twinturbo V6, I'll pick GX every time predator mustache and all.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Now how they're going to differentiate the LC and 4R I'm eager to see. Unless they drop the Sequoia and enlarge the 4R but that doesn't sound realistic.
    4R will go weird like FJ Cruiser and take 7-8" off wheelbase from LC. It's not like you can undersize engine any more before you turn it as useless as RAV4.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-02-2023 at 10:09 AM.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If rumored price difference between this "Land Cruiser" and GX is only $5K USD and GX get LS's twinturbo V6, I'll pick GX every time predator mustache and all.

Toyota announced that the LC will start in the 50s.. Current gen GXs start in the low 60s, (USD) which is sure to go up to mid to high 60s for the new model. It will definitely be interesting to see where they all place at the end of the day.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

I do like the base model. It seems like the only difference is luxury things and I like its front than the mid tier one.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

Like the car but the I4 might be a dealbreaker. I guess GX is the only option. The I4 is 280hp/330tq, hybrid bumps it to 330hp/465tq, but is that going to be available all the time? Or for like 4-5 seconds? What if you’re towing 4,000lbs?

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast