Quantcast
Honda Bumper Covers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Honda Bumper Covers

Default Honda Bumper Covers

The bumper cover on my Honda Accord is cracked and I want to replace it.

I really don't feel like dropping $800+ on a painted OEM cover from the dealership and was wondering if anyone had any experience buying an aftermarket third party cover.

They seem to be in the $150-250 range in primer and was wondering if they are that bad?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

What year
    What color
    Coupe or Sedan
    Front or back

*No I don't have any experience on this but this info would probably help

2006 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe - Front

My Ride
    VTAKK

CAPA certified aftermarket ones are not too bad, $150 or so from Calgary Body shop supplies or Advanced.

~250-300 to paint or you can rattle can it

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

You get a quote on painting it yet? Bet the bolt on ready one for $800 won't seem so bad after that!

Other option:

Depending on the crack, it can be "welded" then buy some paint match rattle can and spot blend it in the driveway... cheapest diy option

The cheapo third party ones usually don't fit too bad if they are plastic (it's the cheap fibreglass kits that usually suck for fitment) but, good luck finding local, and shipping is killer unless you have a commercial account.

Had to replace my parent's Durango bumper once... thought the same as you, but that $150 cover turned into $1200 after shipping and getting it sprayed as a side job at a real shop and doing all the replacing myself

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by ercchry
    You get a quote on painting it yet? Bet the bolt on ready one for $800 won't seem so bad after that!

Other option:

Depending on the crack, it can be "welded" then buy some paint match rattle can and spot blend it in the driveway... cheapest diy option

The cheapo third party ones usually don't fit too bad if they are plastic (it's the cheap fibreglass kits that usually suck for fitment) but, good luck finding local, and shipping is killer unless you have a commercial account.

Had to replace my parent's Durango bumper once... thought the same as you, but that $150 cover turned into $1200 after shipping and getting it sprayed as a side job at a real shop and doing all the replacing myself
    That's kind of steep, I just replaced one not long ago on my sisters vehicle - cost me about $450 all said and done I had to remove and install myself.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah I got raped on shipping... but this was also a while ago and I don't think the skin ended up being primed

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    That's kind of steep, I just replaced one not long ago on my sisters vehicle - cost me about $450 all said and done I had to remove and install myself.
    I am fine with removing and installing myself. The Accord is dead simple that way.

The problem is getting a cover from Honda. In Canada they want about $600+tax for a bare primed cover. Add another $200-250 for paint and it gets pretty expensive for a winter commuter.

That said, I could probably get an OEM cover shipped to the border (an hour from my house) for about $350 CAD. Tempted to do that if I can't find a used one or a decent aftermarket.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Unless its a POS you dont care about OEM bumpers > *

The fitment of some of that aftermarket stuff is infuriating. Maybe start checking the wreckers for OEM, then all your out is paint costs.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by sputnik

I am fine with removing and installing myself. The Accord is dead simple that way.

The problem is getting a cover from Honda. In Canada they want about $600+tax for a bare primed cover. Add another $200-250 for paint and it gets pretty expensive for a winter commuter.

That said, I could probably get an OEM cover shipped to the border (an hour from my house) for about $350 CAD. Tempted to do that if I can't find a used one or a decent aftermarket.
    Alternatively, you can check car-part.com. You might get lucky and snag a used one from a wrecker that's the same color as yours

Apparently an 03 at picknpull on 52. I think your body style started in 03 correct? Might be worth a shot.