Quantcast
50% of the Canadian Rig fleet active! January 2017 - Fuck Yeah - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 50% of the Canadian Rig fleet active! January 2017 - Fuck Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really can't unpack that from this data. But much less than 50%. Maybe less than 20% I'd guess. Expiries in the US aren't a big deal right now because companies have been drilling hard for years.
    The note on expiries is not true at all. In heavily developed areas like the Bakken this may be true, but a lot of companies in Texas/OK are going to struggle with acreage retention. There are 2 problems for companies on acreage retention.

1. There is a lot of land in “core” areas being held by old vertical production that is will be negative LLI at this point. Companies will need to keep producing at a loss to hold acreage - companies were producing at losses on old verticals at $50 oil so it will be even worse now. With every company cutting costs it will be interesting to see how they keep fields running with negative LLI’s. Typically when wells go down a company has 60-90 days to turn them back on. 2 problems come up which are either the company decides to stop producing at a loss, or with companies reducing field staff they don’t properly report offline wells to the office & don’t get wells back online on time. On top of this, a lot of the old leases use the term “producing in commercial quantities” in regards to retention meaning that operators producing at a loss may also risk losing a lease if a landowner wanted to force the matter, however, The majority of private landowners typically aren’t sophisticated so this issue won’t be pushed.

2. Acreage retention terms in new leases in TX/OK are absolutely horrible for companies. Typically you will only retain the “bench” you have drilled, and could typically have to drill 4-6 HZ’s to retain a bench in a standard section. An example of benches in Alberta is the Upper/Middle/Lower Motney...Under new TX/OK leases drilling the middle Montney would only let you retain the middle Motney while the upper and lower would expire. Companies typically claim they have 4 bench’s in the Wolfcamp formation meaning to hold the wolfcamp formation in a section a company would need to drill 16-24 wells. Companies hold all acreage under these newer leases typically through “continuous drilling clauses” which basically say you can hold the entirety of a lease if you continue to spud wells within a certain timeframe (90, 120, 150, 180 days), but if you ever miss that all rights under the leases not held terminate. Companies can’t afford to keep drilling at these price levels so there acreage will expire through walking away from a CDC.

There is obviously a lot of variability when it comes to private leases but the long and short of it is that a lot of land will be expiring if prices remain depressed.
    Last edited by Type_S1; 03-20-2020 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

North America dropped 88 rigs this week. Half Canada and half USA.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200327-165549.png
Views: 599
Size:  26.0 KB
    What's the over/under for next week? I'm saying it'll be even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Cayman

I have been doing a daily rig report at work for the last 9 years and I don't recall ever seeing under 10 drilling. I assume that 5 or less will be a possibility.

My Ride
    Ford F150

From everyone I've talked to at drilling and directional companies, I can't believe we have as many as that right now.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fresh BH Rig count. Another 77 down. Canada down to 41, and the daily tracking from JWN shows even less than that.
    Name:  BH Rig Count 2020-04-03.PNG
Views: 516
Size:  39.0 KB

I'm personally bettering next week we will show a drop of OVER 100.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rigs not being laid down as fast as I predicted, but still pretty steady. Down to 512 for USA onshore.
    Name:  BH Rig Count 2020-04-17.PNG
Views: 483
Size:  38.6 KB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Down another 68 this week.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200424-111021.png
Views: 477
Size:  42.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Down another 68 this week.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200424-111021.png
Views: 477
Size:  42.3 KB
    Any ideas where the 26 Canadian rigs are? Who is still drilling?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can't speak to the completeness or how current this is, but here ya go: https://riggertalk.com/drilling_rigs.php

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Thanks for the info
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Don't get too excited though about those rigs drilling in canada...take a look at what they are drilling for.

Name:  drill prod.png
Views: 443
Size:  49.5 KB

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

If they make use of my services I don't care what they drill for. Drill until you run out of pipe and then cement back to surface for all I care.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes I'm not sure what point you are making @bigboom . Alberta and BC are gas basins predominantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    If they make use of my services I don't care what they drill for. Drill until you run out of pipe and then cement back to surface for all I care.
    And then pump an additional 100% excess cement just for good measure (and to keep me employed )

The point is that most of the focus on rigs running right now is the glut of oil and why are companies still drilling, just wanted to point out that all these wells drilling in Canada are for gas not oil focused.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

True enough. Although the "legal" classification as a gas well doesn't mean they aren't producing light oil, or largely "gas liquids". And prices on those have gone down too.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea mostly of those “gas wells” will IP30 nearly a thousand barrels a day of “condensate” before going through deep cut and dropping out another thousand barrels of NGLs with a solid C5+ component.

Just like on the other side of the imaginary liquids line the “oil wells” are still producing millions of cubic feet per day of gas.

Well license classifications are a joke, just a game for operators and the government to play to determine which disclosure regulations and royalty structures apply. You would be better to pay classification no mind.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-27-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm too lazy to look up the price for every liquid product right now, but I assume most of them have gone way down too. And methane's been nearly zero in a local sense for years in NEBC

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rig count update, 56 more laid down :
    Name:  Screenshot_20200501-121008.png
Views: 337
Size:  38.2 KB

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I am encouraged that we are drilling for "Unknown" products. Let the drillers drill! FREEDOM!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast