Quantcast
Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

My Ride
    2013 Civic LX

Originally posted by FraserB

The Crown will have everything the officers wrote (which will be plenty since you told them you're fighting it) and the judge can consider it all when he is ruling.

Basically, if there is doubt and it was going to be 50/50 on getting tossed or not, the attitude at the side of the road will probably be the tipping point. It can also be used to speak to your credibility.
    This is what's really gonna happen. Dash cam footage will be shown. It will show me stopping. Case closed.

or

Dash cam footage shown and perhaps i've been wrong all along and I didn't come to a complete stop. Go pay fines downstairs.

If the judge says something like "Well sir, we can see that you did come to a stop based off of this video, however, your attitude on the side of the road proves you actually didn't come to a stop so we're finding you guilty of the offence of failure to stop at a stop sign" I will go to court again and I will personally send you $5 on paypal. What's your email?
    Last edited by pinnochio5; 01-18-2017 at 06:31 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

How I picture this actually going

"What did he do?

Doing what he always does except this time he did it to a judge"

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Flawless victory.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Default Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

I have edited the OP for pertinent information only. Just to save time.

Originally posted by pinnochio5

Got pulled over last night, resulted in a $388 Failure to stop at a Stop Sign violation.

Approach the common 3 way stop sign. Come to a full stop momentarily (i.e the car is slows to 0km/h).

Officer Andreasen (with the Calgary Police Service):
    "There was a stop sign back there you rolled through it"

Me:
    "Are you sure about that officer?

Officer Andreasen:
    " You rolled through it. We've got a dash cam in the car we saw you.

My argument at that point (court) would be to see the dash cam footage

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

I forgot to ask, I don't understand the title and from reading your first post...why were you under the impression that they were looking for weapons/drugs?
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    2013 Civic LX

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    I forgot to ask, I don't understand the title and from reading your first post...why were you under the impression that they were looking for weapons/drugs?
    because they told us so.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

because they told us so.
    Given your appalling traffic history - have you ever been charged with a crime?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

because they told us so.
    Before or after your sister started screaming at them?

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

I got the same ticket, slid on slush , car was close behind me he slid too so I proceeded through to avoid being hit, told officer she said well you have insurance that would cover that, too bad it won't cover your ticket

Yes, but they wouldn't even use it. It is extraneous to the case, so it won't be making it into the disclosure package contents. What is likely to make it (for sure will make it) is the dash cam, the cop's notes, and perhaps if there was any cameras at the intersection. Which would be awesome because it would be just another angle of me stopping at the intersection.
    Yes it will be in there. Everything from the beginning of the encounter until the end will be there, otherwise it isn't full disclosure.

You also won't get traffic cameras, because traffic cameras aren't recorded, they are live monitored only.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by italianstylez
    I got the same ticket, slid on slush , car was close behind me he slid too so I proceeded through to avoid being hit, told officer she said well you have insurance that would cover that, too bad it won't cover your ticket
    Thats something I would take up in court, as long as you have a sworn statement of the motorist behind you, or dashcam.

IMO its BS to be ticketed for avoiding a collision without creating increased risk to others (not like you pulled out on Macleod Tr in rush hour).

If the judge says something like "Well sir, we can see that you did come to a stop based off of this video, however, your attitude on the side of the road proves you actually didn't come to a stop so we're finding you guilty of the offence of failure to stop at a stop sign" I will go to court again and I will personally send you $5 on paypal. What's your email?
    That's not what he said. If there is video it will speak for itself. If there isn't, and it comes down to oral evidence, your crappy attitude and dislike for law enforcement can speak to your credibility. Not saying it will, but there are a lot of judiciary that have very little time for people who give the police shit when they're trying to do their jobs.

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

because they told us so.
    When you guys got snippy about the flashlights, not on the initial stop. You then extrapolated that out to some specialty unit targeting your car and how it may have been a jackpot.

You allegedly rolled a stop sign. At night. You are a stranger in a dark car with what turns out to be passive aggressive you and outright aggressive sister, and as anyone would do when they can't see why they're dealing with they light up the inside of the car and then poke around a bit. Unless we have grounds to stop you for drug and weapons investigations, we won't, and if we do, we will tell you outright because otherwise it's an unlawful detention and any evidence gathered may be done so unlawfully.

Sorry to talk down your self importance here, but you allegedly committed a traffic offence and then you two became confrontational. One may not have anything to do with the other but when it comes to credibility, it just may. Guess you'll find out.

Hey Phil, you mentioned in an earlier post that the audio from start to end would be evidence proving xyz/events - does CPS have body cams with audio? I'm assuming the video in question from the OP story, the CPS dashcam, doesn't have the range to the suspect vehicle for sound at all during the interactions there.

Such a great idea to have a dashcam, put Vantru X2s in all the vehicles now. Being polite is a far better tool, but everyone makes mistakes, and if it ever happened to me, I'd very, very politely ask the officer if it was OK to show him my footage if I was 100% certain I had stopped, or hadn't done whatever.

Gwill -
    Ive got a distracted driving ticket ill be fighting thanks to my dash cam. The officer didnt know i had one and im sure ill catch him lying on the stand when i question him. Thanks to my disclosure i know His notes that he wrote dont match my dash cam footage... im looking forward to shredding him apart at the trial when i play my footage.
    I'd suggest a different approach. If your video does indeed show you to be in the right, don't go out of your way to make an officer look bad on the stand in court. How does that in any way benefit you, other than a temporary "hah, I'm right" deal? That officer will likely not take kindly to you rubbing his nose in a mistake - and they do happen - and IMO this would just end up best case of him never forgetting you and you NEVER catching a break again, to worst case, him making sure he keeps an eye out for you.

I'd go a different way in your shoes, TALK to him, or the prosecutor, PRIOR to going into court, show them your evidence, and explain that it isn't your intention to give the officer a bad time in court in public, but that you believe you're right, and would appreciate them dropping the charges. Stick you hand out and shake theirs. Then you'll go into the "nice guy who we owe a favor too" category, instead of the complete opposite category, of "will land every ticket possible on your noodle next encounter".

My Ride
    2013 Civic LX

Originally posted by revelations

Given your appalling traffic history - have you ever been charged with a crime?
    Nope, never.

And my traffic history isn't too appalling considering the fact many of my offences were overturned and over 2 years have passed since some of my earlier speeding tickets. You know, ones where going 65 in a 60km zone makes me an appalling monster endangering the safety of my fellow citizens.

That's not what he said. If there is video it will speak for itself. If there isn't, and it comes down to oral evidence, your crappy attitude and dislike for law enforcement can speak to your credibility.
    yea and a cop telling me multiple times that he caught me on dash cam then showing up to a court room without that said dash cam footage would speak on his credibility too eh.

The dashcam is all this case is gonna need to prove the verdict. Nobody (at least me) cares about what was said. If the court wants to pull it out and discuss it, whatever. All that matters is the reason I was pulled over, and whether or not that happened. There is evidence of it, and I look forward to seeing it.

You understand that the onus will be on you to prove that you stopped at the intersection; not theirs to prove that you didn't.

As far as the court is concerned their word is more credible then yours. No matter the case. The court is under the impression that you were lawfully charged.

What other posters are saying, is that your hostile nature has already undermined your case. If it should come down to a judgement call, you've fucked yourself because of your lack of tact. Even if the video "shows" you slowing down/stopped the officer can testify that the video doesn't adequately show you doing so. And then you're done.

When I say yours/your/you I mean it in the inclusive of your sister way. You are ultimately going to be held responsible for her actions.

Fuck the fine, how many demerits is it?

For fun, can you pm me the court time and date. I'm curious to see the outcome.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    2013 Civic LX

Originally posted by R154
    Even if the video "shows" you slowing down/stopped the officer can testify that the video doesn't adequately show you doing so. And then you're done.
    If he says something like that he first of all would be lying, because he told me it does.

Second off, if the video shows me stopping and for some reason I still get this ticket I'm moving the fuck out of this city. You all aren't safe. You can get charged for something you didn't even do here folks. It's not safe. The thought of that happening is actually enraging me a lot. You have succeeded, troll.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling

Originally posted by J-hop

lol, your sample base is pretty biased most likely. I definitely don't have the same impression as you.

What is it that you do? I imagine in your profession there is the same proportion of morons to smart people as police officers. People like to think police are all morons and they themselves are all smart but it's the same shit in most professions....
    I'm in IT, it attracts the most moronic.

Book smart is now a thing. Whew.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling

Originally posted by phil98z24

You need to meet a few more. What a ridiculous thing to say.
    Jesus, have you read your own rambling posts sometimes? You are far, far from persuasive.

If the dashcam footage proves inconclusive for one reason or another then it simply goes back to the word of the officer? If so what's the most likely outcome?

If there is no dashcam footage then it's simply the word of the officer and the likely outcome is the same as above? OP will then call the officer a liar because he claims the officer said there was one, but will the court really care? If there's no evidence of the officer making the claim I'm not sure it matters.

The outcome of this will be interesting.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast