Quantcast
Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Originally posted by ercchry

My favourite is the one time when the first words out of his mouth were "is there a reason you were driving like an asshole today?!"

Me: nothing in particular
    Yea the one and only time I got pulled over

Officer: do you have a good reason to be driving so fast?

Me: No, just being an idiot

Officer returns 5 minutes later: here is your warning keep it slow alright.

From officers I've met the worst part of working traffic is having to argue with people on the side of the road. I've learned never to question a COP. Take it up in court, that is what courts are for. "But I shouldn't have to take off time for a BS ticket". Tough, that's life. (I know you're not one of those whiners)

OP as well as the officer can you post your sister's name here. Want to make sure I walk the other way if I ever meet her....
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-18-2017 at 07:59 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Default Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Originally posted by phil98z24

Did you actually say that?!

This whole post just.. hmm. You claim to be the good guy in this with the cops and your sister acting foolish, yet the vibe I get from your post tells me otherwise. So for me it calls the rest into question. I know you want advice but I just have to say a few things about all of this.

You get shitty with the police and demand roadside evidence you aren't yet entitled to, get confrontational, and start questioning everything they're doing including their officer safety tactics - which I will tell you is one of the first things people do at traffic stops when they want to get into it. Huge red flag. You didn't get your way and things started escalating, all things being relative.

I'd love to believe that half of what you're saying here is true, and if it is, I'll be the first to say sorry for doubting you. I'm just not inclined to believe it based on my experience. You want justice, get it at court and do it the right way instead of getting snarky with comments about seeing them in court and the like. Those comments suggest you aren't as calm and collected as you're claiming you were.

Get disclosure, formulate your defence based on that. If they were getting that shitty with you, no one will have to bring it up in court because all the audio will be played and both sides of the conversation will be heard because there could be evidence in that, but unless it has some bearing on the evidence it will likely be ignored. But it'll be up to you to decide of you have a defence once you view the video or see their notes.
    Phil you didn't speak to the most serious question...

Does CPS really have mustangs now?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Default Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by speedog

Profit?

Please do explain

The best part is going to be when the cop shows up in court with this thread printed out.

OK for closure, I'll need the following:

#1. Photo of the sister in question to determine if she is fat or not. No judgements here, pure forensics. It leads to her state of mind during her verbal assault. Big girls can call the kettle black from my observations. I'm not seeking nude pics, just to be clear.

#2. Was a Mustang involved, or was it a sedan?

#3. Did the OP stop for two to three seconds at the four-way?

#4. Were tinted windows involved on the front side windows?

#5. Do I need to buy courtroom tickets from StubHub or is it an open type seating arrangement? Who do I see about parking validation?

#6. Did this incident occur in the NE as some have speculated?
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 01-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Default Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Originally posted by killramos

Phil you didn't speak to the most serious question...

Does CPS really have mustangs now?
    +1

Good read lmao

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Default Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

HE GOT WEED! HE GOT WEED!
    Best Chris Rock PSA ever! Also rule " Shut the fuck up" is very important.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    dumpster trains

I love how this thread started with a few people supporting this dudes plight, then transitioned to accusatory, and now is jus making fun of the wad...

Realistically, you handled the situation poorly, and your sister is nuts. Regardless of whether the cop was right or wrong, they don't need to know that at that time. Everyone makes mistakes, even cops, and if the cop truly was wrong, go ahead an take em to court but did you really need to say that at the immediate time?

Basically you are a dick and this could have been avoided if you had just been sincere and polite...

Thanks for the first good read of 2017
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Originally posted by Tenkara Way
    OK for closure, I'll need the following:

#1. Photo of the sister in question to determine if she is fat or not. No judgements here, pure forensics. It leads to her state of mind during her verbal assault. Big girls can call the kettle black from my observations. I'm not seeking nude pics, just to be clear.

#2. Was a Mustang involved, or was it a sedan?

#3. Did the OP stop for two to three seconds at the four-way?

#4. Were tinted windows involved on the front side windows?

#5. Do I need to buy courtroom tickets from StubHub or is it an open type seating arrangement? Who do I see about parking validation?

#6. Did this incident occur in the NE as some have speculated?
    THIS

My Ride
    G6

Get disclosure, review dashcam footage.

/Thread

Originally posted by born2workoncars
    The best part is going to be when the cop shows up in court with this thread printed out.
    Lol to what end? Is the prosecutor gonna get him to read out the thread? Don't think so. Him behaving like an asshole or putting this thread up has zero bearing on him being convicted for running a stop sign (as long as he doesn't admit it), which is the only thing he's charged with.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

No mustangs. OP can't discern a four door to a two door. Nice.

So whats the deal with the sister? Mouthy millenial? Learn some respect.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    dumpster trains

In addition the flashlight in the car is standard operation when making a stop at night and when there is two cops, I saw this during a rode along last year. Your sister is just a bitch...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Darkane
    No mustangs. OP can't discern a four door to a two door. Nice.

So whats the deal with the sister? Mouthy millenial? Learn some respect.
    What? They rock some sweet Mustangs. I've seen them all over the place.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Default Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

You are a seriously funny dude.

Your sister has already gone on two separate profanity-laden tirades against this officer, and you come back with a calm "gee whiz I just don't understand the necessity of your abrasive nature" HAHAHAHA

Your sister got you the ticket, genius. How frickin' unbalanced is she?

Go read your first post again. Sweet sis there goes from 0 to 100 in about 30 seconds. Cop tells you you rolled through the stop sign. Tells you he has a dashcam, says you can't see the footage (so far all reasonable). Tells you why they're using a light to see in the car, again reasonable. Then right to "FU*K YOU YOU FAT FU*K". Yeah, I'm *SHOCKED* he gave you a ticket.

This isn't you and her, is it?

Originally posted by pinnochio5 Later the same night I went back to that intersection just to watch cars as they approached it. I saw over 60 cars and can confirm about 2-3 cars actually came to a complete stop, every single other car (including a few marked CPS cars) approach the intersection, make sure to look around for traffic, slow down further (but never to a full stop) and then proceed. It's very common, Its the safe thing to do.
    You went back and did some recon to confirm that not everyone comes to a complete 3 second stop at stop signs. Good work, detective.

Originally posted by FraserB
    Aside from the guy who yelled at me and tried to claim I was trying to pull a hit and run when I reported myself rear ending someone who then drove away, all my interactions with the cops have been good.
    I hear ya, man. I had a cop at the station threaten me with a stunting ticket after I laid my motorcycle down one morning. At the stop sign at the end of my street on the way to work, a combo of cold asphalt and a good layer of dust/soil from area basements being dug out, my rear wheel slid out from under me, was doing about 25 km/hr. He tells me that he knows "how these kinds of bikes get crashed" and I was lucking I wasn't getting a stunting ticket. WTactualF
    Last edited by acedia; 01-18-2017 at 10:47 AM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by pinnochio5
    I saw over 60 cars and can confirm about 2-3 cars actually came to a complete stop, every single other car (including a few marked CPS cars) approach the intersection, make sure to look around for traffic, slow down further (but never to a full stop) and then proceed. It's very common, Its the safe thing to do. I can guarantee that 98% of this forum will approach their next stop sign in a similar fashion. Its human nature, its the safe thing to do, and is the sign of a vigilant driver.
    I like this. Not stopping for a stop sign is the safe thing to do, and is the sign of a vigilant driver.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Can't read through all the posts again but, has the real question been posed yet?

OP, pics of sister?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Originally posted by Type_S1

Serious question: if a ticket like this turns out to be complete bullshit are the ticketing officers punished at all? I think if a cop hands out BS tickets frequently that ends up wasting peoples and the courts time that they should be suspended without pay and if it happens again, fired. What bothers me with BS tickets is I have to take a day off work to go and fight it without compensation if I win. If someone wins they should also be reimbursed by the CPS or the officer directly for the vacation day taken or lost wages.
    AFAIK there is no "official" reprimand process for many BS tickets being issued - though you will probably be called in to see your supervisor if it keeps up.

Usually if guys are continually issuing BS tickets and dont listen to the su, there is something else going on which can result in desk duty.
    Last edited by revelations; 01-18-2017 at 12:09 PM.

In before sister posts her side of the story.

Didn't know flashlight into vehicle/face is now "looking for drugs/weapons". You so sensitive.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 01-18-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Originally posted by revelations

AFAIK there is no "official" reprimand process for many BS tickets being issued - though you will probably be called in to need to your supervisor if it keeps up.

Usually if guys are continually issuing BS tickets and dont listen to the su, there is something else going on which can result in desk duty.
    I've had 3 tickets in the last 3 years and all 3 were complete BS. I had all 3 thrown out within 10-20 minutes in court. I posted one on here where I got a ticket for not having lights on and it was still light out (and the typical beyond crusade turned on me saying I was someone lying). Showed up with real time videos that day both from the dashcam and the city real time deerfoot cameras and the judge laughed and threw it out. I wish this cop got suspended as how is it possible that they are even allowed to do this. Simply abuse of power and nothing better. I did lay into the cop after he gave me the ticket though and again after the ticket got tossed.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast