Quantcast
Anyone purchased from Sofa Land? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone purchased from Sofa Land?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Anyone purchased from Sofa Land?

Looking to get a new couch for the house, Baygirl and I came across Sofa Land, and went to check them out. Seem like a pretty run of the mill furniture store, nothing really stands out about them...

We are currently considering this sectional couch, and adding a second console to it.
    http://sofaland.ca/product/conroy/

Was wondering if anyone can comment on their quality, or buying experience? I have never purchased a new couch before, so, I am not really sure what to be looking for...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

I bought one piece from them and it was an ok experience. Took 3 months to get made (in Canada) and delivered. The part I didn't like was there was no haggling on the price like a typical furniture store. Couldn't even get free delivery. Never felt so defeated.

I can understand the apprehension. My wife didn't even want to go to a store called "Sofa Land." But we decided to go in because we already toured all the other stores in Deerfoot meadows and came up empty. To her surprise, they had the exact style she wanted in the exact colour (they have a lot of fabrics to choose from).
    Last edited by phreezee; 01-22-2017 at 02:36 PM.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

If you find out who manufacturers their stuff I might be able to get more info on the quality. The specification sheet on that sofa only states the sizes. It doesn't say anything about the construction.

What kind of hardwood to they use for the frame? Foam densities? High performance fabric? WTF does that mean? Are they referring to the double rub test? If it is leather is it real leather? Is it split grain leather.....synthetic leather like Brisa?

There should be a proper specification sheet available. If not them that would be a big red flag for me.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

I bought a very similar model from leons I'm 2016 and added an extra console. I saw this at sofa land but they wouldn't negotiate and leons knocked a few hundred off for me so ended up ~$450 cheaper at leons and I guess I trusted the leons brand name over sofa land as well.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Lex350
    If you find out who manufacturers their stuff I might be able to get more info on the quality. The specification sheet on that sofa only states the sizes. It doesn't say anything about the construction.

What kind of hardwood to they use for the frame? Foam densities? High performance fabric? WTF does that mean? Are they referring to the double rub test? If it is leather is it real leather? Is it split grain leather.....synthetic leather like Brisa?

There should be a proper specification sheet available. If not them that would be a big red flag for me.
    well, it looks like they are owned by Nordic Holdings....
    http://www.nordicholdings.ca/

and they also own Konto furniture...
    www.kontofurniture.ca

But the fabric on that sectional is not leather, but a blend. Can't remember what it is called...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by phreezee
    I bought one piece from them and it was an ok experience. Took 3 months to get made (in Canada) and delivered. The part I didn't like was there was no haggling on the price like a typical furniture store. Couldn't even get free delivery. Never felt so defeated.

I can understand the apprehension. My wife didn't even want to go to a store called "Sofa Land." But we decided to go in because we already toured all the other stores in Deerfoot meadows and came up empty. To her surprise, they had the exact style she wanted in the exact colour (they have a lot of fabrics to chose from).
    I fully expect to negotiate, If they won't do free delivery at least, it is going to be a hard sale for them
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by spikerS

I fully expect to negotiate, If they won't do free delivery at least, it is going to be a hard sale for them
    Trust me, I even did the "walk away" ... and ended up coming back the next week

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

How long have you had the sofa and are you pleased with the quality?
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

My stepson and family bought a big reclining sectional from them last year. They've been happy with it. One cushion wasn't quite lining up (OCD issue really ) and Sofaland replaced the section, no issues.
    We went in to have a look and were fairly impressed. Not high-end, but pretty good quality for the money. We just replaced a $7000.00 leather sectional (bout 7 years old) with a new one from Sofaland for about 4k.
    So far no complaints, quality seems pretty good.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

god damnit.

I swear I have asian in my blood, I just have to find a way to get a better deal....

Maybe I can steal a pen off a desk or something...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    is broken

I heard that place was Sofa King Cool.

Sorry had to.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by jacky4566
    I heard that place was Sofa King Cool.

Sorry had to.
    LOL, it's all good. we have been making the same joke.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

If it matters at all, that place used to be called something else 2 years ago. They had a going out of business sale, but I didnt find many deals worth jumping on. Then, it seemed like overnight, they were called Sofaland. The sales staff weren't very pushy or like vultures harrassing you every 5 minutes. Wonder if that part stayed the same.

It used to be called Jacques and was part of Eisenberg. New owners but they retained a lot of the staff and manufacturers i.e. Palliser, etc. I'm of the mindset that most furniture should be had 40-50% off the MSRP. I'm sure at some point there will be a sale like that.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have purchased a few items from Sofaland, and first one was about 15 years ago. They have been around a long time, and they carry fairly good quality products. One of the best parts IMO is that you can customize so much of what they carry. It isn't just x or y color or fabric.

They are really good to deal with on after sales as well. For instance, last year we custom ordered a bunch of stuff and one chair came in as a swivel/glider and we wanted fixed legs (kids fuck around with that shit too much). Took a few weeks to get the legs (had to order) but they came and installed them and let us keep the swivel/glider attachment in case we wanted to install when the kids get older. I was really impressed with that.

Oh, and I had free delivery from them, but iirc they have minimum spend amounts to get the free delivery.

I would definitely buy from them again.