Quantcast
2017 Golf Thread - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Golf Thread

My Ride
    GSR

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lyle does great club work, but I've never been fitted by him. What are you looking to buy? Like do you have brand/model in mind?
    I'm currently using AP2's, I bought them used and they are too long for me so I've been choking up on the club the last few years. Going to see if Lyle can recommend new shafts and adjust height, lie etc. He seemed like a good guy on the phone and is opening his shop early for me because I can't get in during business hours.

My Ride
    GSR

Had a fitting with Lyle this morning, great guy and seems knowledgable. Swapping all my shafts/grips and making adjustments, excited to see how I hit with them.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Sometimes it is good being a lefty, I don't have to worry about this. Especially when you play with a baller like Nam who has a new top end driver/clubs every season
    I've had my i20 for a few season but just can't stomach the 600+ for a replacement such as the M1/2, 917 or Epic.
    Whoa, I'm using a 2016 M1 bruh...tour issued. It's my way to save a bit of cash, buy last year's tour issued stuff than pay retail for the current stuff.

My Ride
    V8s

Well, was at the range on Friday killing some time and the Taylormade fitter had an opening between appointments...ended up ordering an M1 440/HZDRUS black 75.

Definitely thought my wife would be unimpressed, turns out all it took was a trip to the Tory Burch store for a bag and everybody's happy!

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Well, was at the range on Friday killing some time and the Taylormade fitter had an opening between appointments...ended up ordering an M1 440/HZDRUS black 75.

Definitely thought my wife would be unimpressed, turns out all it took was a trip to the Tory Burch store for a bag and everybody's happy!
    $1000 bucks for a $500 driver...haha you are thrifty.

My Ride
    V8s

Hey, if I was thrifty I wouldn't play golf. Or at least not at a private course. haha

My new irons and putter arrived! My first decent set! What's annoying is that I'll have to reconfigure my wedge set up. I picked up a 52°, 56° and 60° to go with my set PW 49°. I LOVE this 4 wedge set up. New set PW 44° and AW 49°. Ideally, I think I should get a 54° and 58° to keep the gaping consistent but I don't wanna spend more $ on clubs at the moment. Any suggestions on what I should play for now? Drop 52° and bend 56° to 54°?

Current distances:
    PW 49° ~110
    52° ~100
    56° ~85
    60° ~70

Played a couple rounds on the weekend. Beautiful weather!

Playing Elbow springs this afternoon. Hopefully its in better condition than the last few years.

My Ride
    V8s

Played a couple times this weekend. Had an awful 9 on Sunday night, played on Monday with npham and we both played less than spectacular. Out of 18 holes each of us only had a couple good tee shots. He did a better job scrambling than I did though, had a great pitch in for bird on the 12th. [edit: got my saturday/sunday/monday mixed up]

Quote Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
    My new irons and putter arrived! My first decent set! What's annoying is that I'll have to reconfigure my wedge set up. I picked up a 52°, 56° and 60° to go with my set PW 49°. I LOVE this 4 wedge set up. New set PW 44° and AW 49°. Ideally, I think I should get a 54° and 58° to keep the gaping consistent but I don't wanna spend more $ on clubs at the moment. Any suggestions on what I should play for now? Drop 52° and bend 56° to 54°?

Current distances:
    PW 49° ~110
    52° ~100
    56° ~85
    60° ~70
    I would be happy with that gapping. Also, if you bend a wedge 2 degrees strong, it's going to mess around with your bounce, probably not something you want to do (unless you need less bounce).
    Last edited by bjstare; 07-05-2017 at 01:19 PM.

I played 3 rounds last weekend. Friday shot 43/37 with a stolen ball on each 9 (took a stroke each, jackasses in front of me were smoking weed/sloshed, didn't want to deal with them). Which cost me my first Even 9 and I also would have had my second sub 80 round... but oh well.

Saturday went ugly, I left every approach short, and just couldn't hit my 52/56 probably, was destroying the balls off the tee. A 92 for how I drove the ball was awful.

And then after two rounds of driving the ball the best I have in years, I pulled probably 5 or 6 drives, which definitely hurt the scorecard. I kept ending up just barely in line with a tree so that I couldn't get on in regulation. But I played the par 3s at +1 for the round which was great. Finished with an 87, can't be too thrilled with that score after how Friday was played either.

But on the plus side I ordered a chunk of these again as I just can't justify the absurd prices at GT for the few balls I like to hit. Hopefully helps balance out the game a bit. I've been all over the map with what I've hit the last few weeks in terms of balls/style.

Name:  vice.PNG
Views: 327
Size:  28.5 KB

My Ride
    V8s

Shot 41/37 yesterday. Finally broke 80. Few more rounds like this and I'll get my index to single digit this year (that's the dream anyways).

Anyone here a Country Hills member? Thinking about getting one... they have a young professional member option (under 35), ~$2,300 per year + $500 equity that the clubhouse holds for a future purchase of a share. Only restriction is you can't play the first 3 hours of the weekend. Not too bad!

My Ride
    2005 F350

played Pheasantback out by Stettler this weekend. shot a 46/45 which is fairly consistent for me.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by borN View Post
    Anyone here a Country Hills member? Thinking about getting one... they have a young professional member option (under 35), ~$2,300 per year + $500 equity that the clubhouse holds for a future purchase of a share. Only restriction is you can't play the first 3 hours of the weekend. Not too bad!
    That seems like a solid deal. Can you only do it 1 year or can you continuously do it until you are 35? I've only played the one course, but it's got really solid conditions. The course opens early on, and stays open late of the way the majority of the course faces. For that price, it would be tough to pass up if you lived nearby. Even for that much money, I'm not driving 45 mins or so to get there.

Continuously until you're 35 or if you choose to buy a full equity membership, which is going for ~$9,500 - $10,000. Yeah the Talons is solid, the Ridge is fine, nice 36 holes and longer season. Super tough to pass on...

I played 36 holes today; shot 80 at Earl Grey and 84 at Glencoe Forest from the blacks (privileged today lol). Super pleased with how the game is progressing lately.

My Ride
    2005 F350

bit the bullet and bought the M1 driver this weekend. tried hitting the GBB Epic and also the M2.

Golf Town had it on sale for $499 from the regular $650. they also had a $100 trade-in bonus. including my trade-in, i paid $360 + GST including a new grip.

tried out a few different shafts they had in stock and ended up going with a Project X HZRDUS shaft with a Golf pride CP2 grip.

was hoping to get to the range yesterday with it but got too busy.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    BMW

I tried the M2 with project x hzrdus black, but liked the GBB epic better $659 is pretty steep though. Might wait till off season to get it.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Shot 41/37 yesterday. Finally broke 80. Few more rounds like this and I'll get my index to single digit this year (that's the dream anyways).
    Must have jinxed myself. Last three rounds have been high 80s, low 90s

My Ride
    V8s

This thread has been dead for the last little while. Did everyone quit, or what?

I've only golfed about half as much this year as I did last year (trending to ~30 rds this year vs last year's >50), but still managed to get my index down to a 10.x. Last week has been brutal. Lost my swing entirely and shot a 96 last Sunday. Here's hoping I can bounce back a little before winter. Just hate this game sometimes.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Yea I haven't played as much either. Was just in California and played in the Palm Springs area(Escena and Classic Club) as well at Spyglass Hill(Pebble Beach course). Been playing pretty average for me but Colin and I just got rained out after 10 holes. Weather looks shitty for the upcoming week, so I guess golf will be wrapping up soon for me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast