Quantcast
All Day Breakfast coming from McDonalds and A&W - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All Day Breakfast coming from McDonalds and A&W

Originally posted by Disoblige
    All about the A&W Bacon and Eggers.

McDonalds needs to learn to make a breakfast sandwich using their big mac or quarter pounder bun. Or even a breakfast sandwich using their McDouble sized bun.
    What?!?! The english muffin makes the McMuffin, the McMuffin! Crispy outer with soft chewy inner

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

McDonalds needs to learn to make a breakfast sandwich using their big mac or quarter pounder bun. Or even a breakfast sandwich using their McDouble sized bun.
    McGriddles FTMFW!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Swank
    Waiting for someone to build a McMuffBang
    Originally posted by spikerS
    McGriddles FTMFW!
    I'm going for a Big GriddleMac

After all the hype this morning, I decided to hit A&W for a sausage n egger, as I have never tired. I will admit, it was good, but it is not hang over cure worthy, and the hash brown is just not there (although 100x better than Tim's). I would still rather the English muffin, as you are basically just having a shitty sausage burger when you get it io a bun.

I am 100% A&W when it comes to fast food burgers, and will make two stops when we eat fast food just for their burger, but I think McD's is still the king for a breakfast sandwich and hashbrown.
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 01-26-2017 at 05:21 PM.

My Ride
    RX300

Originally posted by NoSup4U

After all the hype this morning, I decided to hit A&W for a sausage n egger, as I have never tired. I will admit, it was good, but it is not hang over cure worthy, and the hash brown is just not there (although 100x better than Tim's). I would still rather the English muffin, as you are basically just having a shitty sausage burger when you get it io a bun.

I am 100% A&W when it comes to fast food burgers, and will make two stops when we eat fast food just for their burger, but I think McD's is still the king for a breakfast sandwich and hashbrown.
    love A&W All Canadian breakfast but for a breakfast sandwich then yes McD tastes better but i enjoy the bacon, sausage, sunny side eggs and some toast at A&W
    trying is the first step towards failure

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Side note:

I just went to Burger King to get their 2 Big Kings for $5. They've got a 10 nuggets for $2 deal going.

I think McNuggets are tastier, but for that price, it can't be beat.
    One has to wonder exactly what part of the chicken they are using to make these $2 nuggets in order to still make some decent profit.

^ The regular price is 10 for $6.

BK Nuggets: Boneless chicken breast with rib meat, water, isolated oat product, potato starch, seasoning (modified corn starch, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, chicken stock, flavors, wheat starch, dextrose, propylene glycol and citric acid), salt, sodium phosphates. BATTERED WITH: Water, yellow corn flour, wheat flour, wheat starch, salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate), dextrose, spice. BREADED WITH: Wheat flour, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), spices, salt. Breading set in vegetable oil.

McDonald's McNuggets: White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphate, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Yes! A&W breakfast FTW. Bacon & Egger on a fresh bun, awesomeness.

Never liked breakfast all that much. McDouble used to be $1.39 Cdn for the longest time. Crazy deal considering it was pretty much a big mac without the center piece of bread or sesame seeds on the bun, and cheese instead of lettuce.
    Cocoa $10,000 per tonne.

My favorite is a BLT bagel w/cheese and sub in an English muffin cuz their bagels taste like crap

Originally posted by speedog
    One has to wonder exactly what part of the chicken they are using to make these $2 nuggets in order to still make some decent profit.
    I was just in Ohio. Local McD's promo was two Big Macs, two cheeseburgers, 10pc McNuggets, four small fries, $9. Every time I heard the radio promo I just thought about how it was even possible. I was left thinking that the promo doesn't include beverages so maybe McD's make the money on the soft drinks
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    AECO

I was reading somewhere that McDonalds all day breakfast is resulting in lower average tickets since it is cannibalizing higher ticket lunch and dinner options.

Here's one: http://nypost.com/2015/10/15/mcdonal...en-a-disaster/

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by stillworking
    I was reading somewhere that McDonalds all day breakfast is resulting in lower average tickets since it is cannibalizing higher ticket lunch and dinner options.

Here's one: http://nypost.com/2015/10/15/mcdonal...en-a-disaster/
    Sounds like a bunch of whiny bitchy owners who just want to complain.

^ The regular price is 10 for $6.

BK Nuggets: Boneless chicken breast with rib meat, water, isolated oat product, potato starch, seasoning (modified corn starch, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, chicken stock, flavors, wheat starch, dextrose, propylene glycol and citric acid), salt, sodium phosphates. BATTERED WITH: Water, yellow corn flour, wheat flour, wheat starch, salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate), dextrose, spice. BREADED WITH: Wheat flour, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), spices, salt. Breading set in vegetable oil.

McDonald's McNuggets: White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphate, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.
    Well this provides some clues - boneless chicken breast with rib meat, I would bet that there is a much higher proportion of rib to breast meat, the product they are using probably is chicken rib cages left over from the processing plant that still have all of the rib meat attached and some incidental pieces of breast meat. I would suspect there is not much of a market for chicken rib meat and that cast-off usually ends up in soup or pet foods and now possibly nuggets.

The white boneless chicken, now that is an interesting statement. No where have they stated it is meat, just that it is chicken and since these ingredient rules are quite tight one has to wonder exactly what white boneless chicken is. Maybe sphincter muscles with some natural flavouring (whatever that is) added in. Can one even go to the grocery store and buy this natural flavouring?

Please note that I'm not picking on either product but when it comes to ingredients in food, be it human or pet food, companies can include some interesting things just by slightly changing the wording they use in their ingredient lists. Every part of that chicken has some value, some parts less than others but if there is a way to squeeze a bit more profit from any one part of a chicken and it can be done just by changing some wording, then there's a very good chance some company will do that.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by eglove
    Big mac with an eggmcmuffin in it here I come

Right EK 2.0???

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!
    ...@therealarifjina...

I want a big mac with a hashbrown as the "middle bun".

Originally posted by speedog

Well this provides some clues - boneless chicken breast with rib meat, I would bet that there is a much higher proportion of rib to breast meat///SNIP
    Maybe, but they sure are tasty. Besides, no one is being forced to eat them, so what are you rambling on about?

a&w bacon n egger on english muffin > *

Maybe, but they sure are tasty. Besides, no one is being forced to eat them, so what are you rambling on about?
    Not rambling but there some out there that will believe that food establishments would not be leading them down the garden path.]

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by spikerS

McGriddles FTMFW!
    When McDonalds first came out with the McGriddle, they were giving them out for free to try if any of you recall. I ate 4 in one sitting and I don't want to see another McGriddle in my life again. I always ruin things for myself because I have no self control.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast