Quantcast
2015 Genesis Sedan V8 carbon issues - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Genesis Sedan V8 carbon issues

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, as from the windshield thread, I have the exact same car as you and have never had any of these issues. The one thing I do different from you is I run regular fuel most of the time as opposed to premium. Im sorry that youre experiencing these issues as its such a great car inside and out. Try running regular for a while as the car will de tune slightly to compensate. ( I read it goes from 420HP to 400HP on regular) and see if that changes anything.
    the windshield has been a range from 475 at windshield surgeons to 800.

the engine issue has been from the start. i had a loaner g80 and mine seems to be down on power due to this issue. Hyundai Canada has been horrible. no clue on what to actually fix and countless shop visits. I've also taken to social media a bit and Hyundai Canada has said they would contact me directly. but of course just like the entire service from them so far has been none existent. getting really sick of Hyundai Canada. they are a complete shit show in actually taking care of the problem.

And yes i still love my car except for the non stop engine issue

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    the windshield has been a range from 475 at windshield surgeons to 800.

the engine issue has been from the start. i had a loaner g80 and mine seems to be down on power due to this issue. Hyundai Canada has been horrible. no clue on what to actually fix and countless shop visits. I've also taken to social media a bit and Hyundai Canada has said they would contact me directly. but of course just like the entire service from them so far has been none existent. getting really sick of Hyundai Canada. they are a complete shit show in actually taking care of the problem.

And yes i still love my car except for the non stop engine issue
    I had a similar experience with my 09 Genesis Sedan. Car was a total lemon and Hyundai doesn't care.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by relyt92 View Post
    I had a similar experience with my 09 Genesis Sedan. Car was a total lemon and Hyundai doesn't care.
    did you have the 4.6? its suchs i've been a long time customer and have their flagship car.

My Ride
    G37X

did you have the 4.6? its suchs i've been a long time customer and have their flagship car.

No, mine was the 3.8L. Most of my issues were electronic, in the ~year I owned the car it had been in for warranty work something like 16 times between diagnosis and replacement appointments. Stupid me thought Hyundai had improved so I sold that and bought a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T. Turned out to be an even larger hunk of shit, which Hyundai still didn't care about. Owning my Infiniti was such an amazing change of pace after those 2 cars.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I've had a lot of hyundais before this one issue. I also still have my 2010 coupe with the 3.8. its been bullet proof so far. have the car going in again tuesday. will see how they proceed now. but Calgary hyundai has been the best shop to deal with so far.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Just dropped the car off at calgary hyundai. great service, but the management there has gotten rid of most of the loaner cars. pretty stupid since my car will be in there for a few weeks now.

One other interesting point that was discovered, Country hill hyundai replaced the crank case sensor and even in the report said the problem still persisted and yet returned the car with the engine code cleared. Pretty shitty service from country hills hyundai. they are also the ones that sold me the car. Athis point you would think someone would step up and do the right thing to make things right for once.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Definitely interested to see what they come up with. My 09 3.8 was flawless and my 15 5.0 has been excellent. Hearing these stories always make me nervous as my car is my office and i basically live out of it so the thought of losing it for an extended period of time is nerve racking. Ive never dealt with Calgary Hyundai before so im interested to see how they perform. Hopefully they fix it!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Hyundai Calgary has been the main dealer that ive been working with they have been good in the past. their service advisor and the mechanics have been great. the new service manager is a bit of a dufuss. I can't get a loaner car now and i know my car will be there for weeks. so i'm running my 2010 gen coupe. it's been hyundai canada directly that has be absolutely terrible. they have tried cleaning it along with no changes to try and fix the problem which is a pretty stupid useless idea. Also i tried to talk to engineering there and they flat out refused. just too ignorant to actually care to fix the car properly. Also I tried calling and asking for the western Hyundai Canada service adviser to call me and again flat out refused. completely shit service. I just want my car fixed and they just want to fuck around and never do the right thing and actually given any service.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Hey Phenix, you're not Chris in Sage Hill by any chance are you?

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Hey Phenix, you're not Chris in Sage Hill by any chance are you?
    no not me. is that the guy who put something on the side of his car ?

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Well an update. Still not a clue when my car will be back to me or what is going on. Also have contacted the president and CEO of Hyundai Canada as another direction to hopefully get this car fixed. pretty sad the complete lack of customer service. and the president was just touting how wonderful the service advances have been. I guess he kept his message to himself cause the people who actually do customer service have zero clue on what they are doing and

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

no not me. is that the guy who put something on the side of his car ?
    Ah okay. I just have a neighbor in the same cul de sac who has a 5.0 Genesis and a black 2010 GT 3.8 A/T.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Have another update on my car. The engineers that have thought just cleaning the carbon build up issues would make them go away have started looking at mapping the O2 sensor for some reason. its pretty friggin ridiculous. more screw around and lack of any actual engineering reason.

the car has been in for over a week now and still nothing. every one of the 20 times it has been in the shop it is in for well over a week

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

The day is full of updates. I had Hyundai Canada call me today. must have been a new group cause they weren't totally aware of the vehicle situation and that it is currently in the shop being dealt with by their engineering division. the communication between departments is pretty non existent. I sure hope they step up and make things right at this point. the amount of hours ive spent on this to date are well into the hundreds.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

You must REALLY like this car!

My Ride
    Trucks

The car sounds like it needs an 'under hood fuel issue' on a backroad someplace.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    The car sounds like it needs an 'under hood fuel issue' on a backroad someplace.
    the weird thing is it's under load and passing when the miss fire happens. its a weird issue. they should just replace the car at this point for all the hours i've spent trying to get it done right.

and yes i love the car its great for what it is. great family car and it gets me out to the mountains in the winter

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

another update, car is still in the shop a bunch of injectors coil packs and spark plugs have been changed and surprise it still has carbon buildup and miss fire issues. They are now sending over s special black box from Korea to help analyze the issues. this is something that has never happened before. I don't believe this special box will be able to solve the problem.

Although all of this hyundai canada seems to be working a few other angles to make things right. i'm hopeful but only time will tell.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Ey ese, I hear you have issues with cabron?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    the weird thing is it's under load and passing when the miss fire happens. its a weird issue. they should just replace the car at this point for all the hours i've spent trying to get it done right.

and yes i love the car its great for what it is. great family car and it gets me out to the mountains in the winter

I think he's telling you to light the car on fire.
    I like neat cars.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast