Quantcast
2015 Genesis Sedan V8 carbon issues - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 2015 Genesis Sedan V8 carbon issues

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

New long block, send the old engine off to the engineers to toss in the garbage, or to sort out the issues on their own time, why do you have to suffer for trying to be a loyal customer?

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New long block, send the old engine off to the engineers to toss in the garbage, or to sort out the issues on their own time, why do you have to suffer for trying to be a loyal customer?
    thats what i have been saying forever. getting sick of the complete idiocy of the useless engineers and even the corporate group now. I've messaged the President directly and nothing has happened. and i'm still without my car and no loaner. coming up 4 weeks now that the friggin thing is in the shop.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

No loaner? Why are you letting them off so easily??

My Ride
    FB6

No loaner?? I would complain and get money back. I've heard of people getting months back on their lease even when they got a loaner. I know BMW credited my friend 2 months of lease payments on his 335i because he had to drive a loaner for 2 months. I would be livid if I was without a car for 4 weeks.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    No loaner?? I would complain and get money back. I've heard of people getting months back on their lease even when they got a loaner. I know BMW credited my friend 2 months of lease payments on his 335i because he had to drive a loaner for 2 months. I would be livid if I was without a car for 4 weeks.
    Oh trust me I'm super livid. I've been calling and messaging like crazy to get some response and still nothing. I want a new friggin car at this point.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I'm very disappointed in the response I'm getting from Hyundai Canada directly. the lack of communication is disusting along with the bullshit experimentation that has been going on since 3000KM. pretty sad service considering they are trying to launch a new brand and this is their flagship model

Why don't you contact the media with your issue?

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

So another update today. Got a call from Hyundai Canada. told me since i was interested in a new car that i could contact genesis and Hyundai Canada would put "some" money into me getting a new car. WTF is that? so the person on the phone was pretty useless, unable to actually answer how much or exactly how they would help me out. so frustrated with getting stone walled by Hyundai Canada as always, and not having the ability to actually talk to someone who can make a difference or actually provide customer service. I called the genesis Manager for Calgary. So they had a few "options where i could change my payments. so first i was offered the new G80 sport with a lower payment and the exact same car with a higher payment. so this is all salesman bullshit to try and hide the fact that they are trying to screw me over here. the main catch is that i would have to start a new loan and start payments all over, while losing all the money i have already paid. short story fuck that. so after i picked through all the bullshit and got to the point it wasn't much of a deal and Hyundai money didn't exist. but i got employee pricing. lol. I then told him that's not the deal, it should be a direct replacement. I've had this issue since new and i'm not paying anything else. and just like with Hyundai Canada, the genesis manager was unable to make a call or provide any actual decisions to fix the problem. more run around and wasting my time and causing more stress.

In my industry if i provided customer service like the shit these clown are pulling we'd be out of business.

I have also reached out to hopefully higher up people at Genesis corporate to see if anything happens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Why don't you contact the media with your issue?
    I have contacted Lea William Dhorty with CTV, but i don't think it's exciting enough that someone is getting screwed over by a large automotive company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    I also suggested this on the call today, and again a useless response from their customer disincentive group that they have never done anything like this and it would not likely happen.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

So after talking with 3 people Hyundai canada, the Genesis Sales Person at country hills, and a guy from the american genesis division I still have not heard anything back, more dithering and spinning in circles. All without a vehicle

Anyone have good ideas here?

Honestly man, it's pretty clear Hyundai probably isn't going to help you. Nobody wants to be the one to make a big decision that benefits you, so you get passed around. I see the same thing happen in my industry as well - nobody wants their name attached to anything where later someone might ask "who approved that?" I suggest contacting a lawyer if the media won't help you - that usually gets people's attention. You seem to have good documentation of everything and I think most reasonable people would agree that this isn't right.

If you have exhausted all options without resolution, your time, effort, and stress is worth something too and I would think about cutting my losses - maybe even trade it in to Hyundai if they think the car has nothing wrong with it, but you probably don't want another Hyundai haha. If the car is a lease, you might be able to end the lease early for a minimal cost. If it's financed, get something in writing from Hyundai that the car is fine, and maybe think about selling it. Either way the lawyer might be able to help you recoup some payments from loss of use.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/18/...1-viral-video/

go social media, all platforms, twitter, facebook etc. there is no better time than now as they are trying to push the stand alone genesis brand this year.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    https://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/18/...1-viral-video/

go social media, all platforms, twitter, facebook etc. there is no better time than now as they are trying to push the stand alone genesis brand this year.
    Yea this - gone are the days of standing in front of the dealer with a picket sign. You can even hire someone to be your SM person for a short while. Beyond is (was?) a good place for google placement of key words as well. Blogs also were big for that as well. A790 might have some ideas as well.

Also, this is one perfect example of why we need lemon laws here.
    Last edited by revelations; 09-21-2017 at 09:28 AM.

My Ride
    bus

Have you considered contacting camvap, maybe they can get you a buyback from Hyundai.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I looked at camvap before, but i wasn't able to replace the car at the time. and that's all i wanted. Also I did take the social media route. I was pretty aggressive on all platforms

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Used to be a time there would be a beyond meet with picket signs and stuff. If even social media doesn't scare them I cant think of what to do. Keep us updated though. I took a 2015 V8 on a test drive couple years ago and thought it was really nice and lots of power. I was thinking of picking one up used recently, but after reading this thread I'll just avoid the Hyundai in general.

Good luck and keep us updated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Just curious...

Phenix, what is the status on this?
    Looking around