Quantcast
Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired

My Ride
    Model S

Default Trump to Attorney General who defied his travel ban: You're fired

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-fi...l-sally-yates/

WASHINGTON -- President Trump fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates after she ordered Justice Dept. lawyers to stop defending President Trump’s executive order banning new arrivals to the U.S. from seven Muslim-majority countries.

“The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States,” the White House said in a statement on Monday night. “This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.”

The White House said President Trump “relieved Ms. Yates of her duties” and named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General. The White House said he would serve “until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons.”

“I am honored to serve President Trump in this role until Senator Sessions is confirmed,” Boente said in the statement. “I will defend and enforce the laws of our country to ensure that our people and our nation are protected.”

The announcement came shortly after Yates, a career official and Obama appointee, said she was “not convinced” Mr. Trump’s immigration order is “lawful” and that the Justice Department would not defend it in court “until I become convinced that it is appropriate to do so.”

The train wreck continues.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Order66

As an Obama appointment, her days were coming to a close and she'd be glad of it seeing as her boss is as nuts as Kim Jong-il.

It's week #2 and the good times are rolling, were it a movie I'd have turned it off long ago as it is in need of a script rewrite.
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 01-30-2017 at 09:23 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

4 more years? How worse can it get.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by dj_rice
    4 more years? How worse can it get.
    Well it only took Hitler 6 years from coming to power to invasion of Poland.

And twitter wasn't a thing yet and most people communicate with letters still.

At best US will turn into Nazi Germany, at worse Civil War 2. Or the other way around, depends on which team you are rooting for.

Even if Democrats take Senate back, it's meaningless as executive orders will destroy the country.

Good job Putin.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-30-2017 at 09:41 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I honestly thing a pretty big percentage of democrat supporters are hoping for this to be a total train wreck.

Edit, I mean, bigger than it already is. Like civil war big. Not just embarrassing governance.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ation-ban.html

Washington Attorney General suing Trump over immigration ban. Lets see how this plays out
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I honestly thing a pretty big percentage of democrat supporters are hoping for this to be a total train wreck.

Edit, I mean, bigger than it already is. Like civil war big. Not just embarrassing governance.
    I think this is the most terrifying part. As time goes forward, it looks like a lot of people feel this way.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    This and that.

How bad does it need to get until vote of non-confidence is called against him....or is that even a thing?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Wasn't the current AG on the way out anyway? It sounds like her replacement was already in the process of being confirmed?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:24 PM.

There is the possibility of impeachment, although that requires Trump to knowingly and maliciously break a law while president. If his handlers can convince him to follow guidelines he should be untouchable, but he is fairly easily provoked so who knows

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by Antonito
    There is the possibility of impeachment, although that requires Trump to knowingly and maliciously break a law while president. If his handlers can convince him to follow guidelines he should be untouchable, but he is fairly easily provoked so who knows
    The exclusion of certain countries out of the travel ban could be the start of an attempted impeachment. Well, I'm hoping anyway.

I'm also hoping for the pee pee pictures to emerge.

Originally posted by lilmira
    Order66
    YES!!!!!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Antonito
    He's already bordering on breaking guidelines. And knowing Trump, he will have no issues with doing things that are explicitly against the rules.

Not sure if a president has ever been impeached, but if it were to ever happen, now seems like a likely tenure in which to do it.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

No president has been successfully impeached

Clinton was the closest, but the senate aquited him after the house formally charged him.

Originally posted by Kloubek

He's already bordering on breaking guidelines. And knowing Trump, he will have no issues with doing things that are explicitly against the rules.

Not sure if a president has ever been impeached, but if it were to ever happen, now seems like a likely tenure in which to do it.
    Clinton was impeached and so was some random in 1868 Andrew Johnson(??)

Wouldn't be surprised if trump is impeached given that Clinton was for telling a white lie about his affair which really was no business of the public.

But maybe that is part of this master plan no one knows about that our chem trail, alien from the 10 planet believers keep talking about

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast