Quantcast
Automatic Espresso Machine - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Automatic Espresso Machine

Default Automatic Espresso Machine

What brand of automatic espresso makers do you recommend? Not interested in a semi auto or Nespresso. I've been looking at Saeco and Jura.
    Thanks!
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    Silverado

Only have experience with nespresso. It's awesome.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Only have experience with nespresso. It's awesome.
    +1

A coworker of mine has a Breville that he seems to like
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I have been amazed by my Nespresso. We bought a Breville and returned it after it couldn't touch the Nespresso as far as taste and ease of use.

My Ride
    ute

I've owned both Saecos and Juras. I prefer my Jura.

But all super-autos have their downsides. High maintenance, general durability, filter costs, cleaning is annoying, etc etc.

My Ride
    2014 J150 1UR-FE

I have a Jura and love it, bought it in 2012 (from National Cappuccino, go there and talk to Steve McCullough) and the wife and I have used it at least once a day everyday since (except when on vacation). Go see Steve and get a demo of a couple machines, also check out reviews on the Seattle Coffee gear website.

Most important things to keep in mind is budget and what type of drink you will want to make most often. After that, its all what you like the look of and what convenience you are after (color screen, touch screen, on demand customized drinks, milk frother with espresso spout). From a longevity standpoint I would look at models that have two heating bars (one for espresso, one for frother/hot water). I only end up using the milk frother when company comes over, also the wife uses the instant hot water tap occasionally.

General maintenance is pretty straight forward, use a cleaning tab every time it tells you to (about every 2-3 months for me but depends on the number of cups made) pack of 6 is in the $30-$40 range and change the filter when it says to which is about once every 6 months for me (also around $30). National Cappuccino seems to have the best price in town for the accessories and maintenance items, online might be a bit cheaper if you plan ahead and order.

Works as good as the day I bought it, only issue I have ever had with it was in fall 2015 the volume of espresso coming out all of a sudden was dramatically reduced. Called National Cappuccino, took it in for a full service (flat rate $125+gst, will replace anything internal at no extra charge) and was given a loaner machine to take home while servicing was done. My issue needed more time to resolve than a normal servicing as parts had to be ordered from Switzerland but wasn't a big deal as I had a newer more expensive model to use in the meantime.

My parents have had the same Jura machine since winter 2006 and its still running strong, gets a full servicing every other year. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, it is my favorite appliance by far.

I have heard that servicing on Saeco's is a nightmare, talk to Steve at about them. They stopped selling and servicing them a couple years ago as it was too painful for the customer.
    Last edited by bh87; 01-31-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Originally posted by bh87
    I have a Jura and love it, bought it in 2012 (from National Cappuccino, go there and talk to Steve McCullough) and the wife and I have used it at least once a day everyday since (except when on vacation). Go see Steve and get a demo of a couple machines, also check out reviews on the Seattle Coffee gear website.

Most important things to keep in mind is budget and what type of drink you will want to make most often. After that, its all what you like the look of and what convenience you are after (color screen, touch screen, on demand customized drinks, milk frother with espresso spout). From a longevity standpoint I would look at models that have two heating bars (one for espresso, one for frother/hot water). I only end up using the milk frother when company comes over, also the wife uses the instant hot water tap occasionally.

General maintenance is pretty straight forward, use a cleaning tab every time it tells you to (about every 2-3 months for me but depends on the number of cups made) pack of 6 is in the $30-$40 range and change the filter when it says to which is about once every 6 months for me (also around $30). National Cappuccino seems to have the best price in town for the accessories and maintenance items, online might be a bit cheaper if you plan ahead and order.

Works as good as the day I bought it, only issue I have ever had with it was in fall 2015 the volume of espresso coming out all of a sudden was dramatically reduced. Called National Cappuccino, took it in for a full service (flat rate $125+gst, will replace anything internal at no extra charge) and was given a loaner machine to take home while servicing was done. My issue needed more time to resolve than a normal servicing as parts had to be ordered from Switzerland but wasn't a big deal as I had a newer more expensive model to use in the meantime.

My parents have had the same Jura machine since winter 2006 and its still running strong, gets a full servicing every other year. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, it is my favorite appliance by far.

I have heard that servicing on Saeco's is a nightmare, talk to Steve at about them. They stopped selling and servicing them a couple years ago as it was too painful for the customer.
    Thanks a lot for the info, appreciate it. I am an Americano I fan, and so is my wife. We don't really do the frothy steamed milk drinks. Just don't want a machine that is a money pit considering the cost of these things off the bat.
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Love my Nespresso, seriously they are awesome. Amazon has a great selection of the pods too. Would highly recommend one
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2