Quantcast
sexual harrasment/bullying forces female police officer to publicly resign - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sexual harrasment/bullying forces female police officer to publicly resign

Default sexual harrasment/bullying forces female police officer to publicly resign

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's sad, but that kind of issue seems to be commonplace in first responder positions across the country. A real caveman mentality appears to be the norm for the guys at the top, and it trickles down to younger recruits even if they enter with more inclusive attitudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

It really bugs me that there is so much dissonance in the CPS Force, but at the same time I commend Calgary for taking the steeps to outs the problems, and work to make it better.

Still leaves a sour bad taste in your mouth knowing that those who are supposed to uphold the law are the first ones break it.

Sadly, this is probably a pretty common culture across the board in this field.

Predominately male, in tough situations that are constantly pushing adrenaline and testosterone levels over the edge, and that passes on to all others around.

A lot of the bullying/ harassment is probably not even realized by the offender, as they are treating everyone as if they are "one of the boys" in the locker room. If you've ever played a competitive sport, you know how that goes down.

It is sad to see a 14 year veteran is now pushed to this point, and makes you wonder how bad it is really getting internally.

Just take a look at the police union head they voted in and that's about all you need to know about CPS.

My Ride
    Highlander

This was really sad to hear I have a few female friends with the police and some have had no issues and some have. It's not across the board, but it's definitely something that needs to be addressed.

Statistically, police officers have some of the highest rates of domestic violence and divorce than most other professions, so this attitude isn't terribly surprising and isn't limited to just CPS.

Just to clarify, her resignation was not accepted. She was asked to take a couple weeks to think about it and they would review at a later date.

Marlene hope is not in the police force, although in the end she may be right.
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-01-2017 at 08:46 PM.

But sometimes they're book smart!

you guys realize your justifying sexual harrassment by providing excuses. How did the locker room talk excuse go over for others?

This is our police force having this issue not just some random company.

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary...m-calgary.html

Ward has been fighting for women's right in the force as part of CPA. Not sure if that put a target on her back much like the current union leader.

I think CPS is just union busting.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Just take a look at the police union head they voted in and that's about all you need to know about CPS.

Former body builder, tough guy no doubt .... about as macho as you can get.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Pretty common in law enforcement and even the military.

The clients I work with go through the exact same thing; humiliation, harrassment, abuse. You name it.

IMO I don't doubt that there's good people on the force trying to create positive changes but harrassment/abuse is nothing new.

It is not uncommon for them to bring these issues to their superiors only to be dismissed or even jeered at. The fact that this lady had to do this in a public forum means it was basically her last stand and now it becomes a matter of media damage control.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:23 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

CPS chief should be ashamed of himself. Too little, too late buddy. Makes it hard for Joe Public to respect them as an organization. I still like to think of those as the bad apples, but it's 2017 not 1957. Time to make examples of any Officer whom is harassing another member.

New article mentioning 13 police officers have lawyered up from the work place bullying and sexual harrassment. Curious how many are too afraid to speak up.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I maybe wrong but i think it's only a matter of time before someone gets shot or tasered. Ground rules have been set> media set >public has choosen.
    Judge Dread i'am the law.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

"It's just locker room talk" -Drumpf 2016

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

My kids mom was a firefighter in her small hometown. Her and 2 other women and the people in charge of the department would constantly text her or the other girls asking to "hook up and cuddle" etc and use their position to not have these girls receive fire calls (broadcast text messages) from the secretary so they'd be left out

It was a surreal thing to see happen and even worse when I convinced them to take it up with another fire department in another city, as the whole area was led by people in the same family, they shrUgged it off as "not my problem"

Completely fucked

And this was a volunteer fire department and the guys doing this we're all fat slow and lazy slobs.

Then don't get me started on the strait up "I'm better than you measly peasants" attitude they have towards civilians

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by J-hop
    "It's just locker room talk" -Drumpf 2016
    lol it is but when there are girls around everyone just shuts up. Maybe some members of CPS can learn to do that.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

well, ideally we wouldn't use language that objectifies and demeans others, even when they aren't present.

But a good first step is to at least not use it in public places, and when those others are nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast