Quantcast
Why no signals? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no signals?

Default Why no signals?

So are people just lazy or do they forget to use their signal lights to indicate they're turning left or right?

For the past week or so I've been paying particular attention to people turning left or right at intersections and going by my observations, I would say that more than half of the people making turns do not indicate such. Doesn't matter if it's left or right turns and traffic circles, well you can pretty much give up on mist people ever having a clue how to signal when using them.

That said, has anyone ever seen a CPS officer pulling over and giving someone a ticket for not indicating a turn? Enforcement might be the only way people will learn.

My Ride
    Z

I'm pretty sure there is just a replacement bulb shortage.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

I wish they would pull these people over and ticket them rather than give out 10 over speeding tickets. The system is backwards. Also, ticket people merging at 60k/hr, also driving 20 under the speed limit, oh god i could go on and on.

My Ride
    G37X

Too lazy/ignorant. And yes, I'd rather CPS focus on no signalers/people with burned out brake lights over some dude going 11 km/over.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Too lazy/ignorant. And yes, I'd rather CPS focus on no signalers/people with burned out brake lights over some dude going 11 km/over.

Man, burnt out taillamp/brake lamp bulbs piss me off to no end!!!

I can appreciate that MAYBE just MAYBE it may have just burnt out that day or whatever, but more than likely has been that way for months, and they just don't care....
    ...@therealarifjina...

I'm not really offended or pissed at a person turning left or right in a dedicated lane not signalling.

If an individual changes lanes or is in a weave lane with the specific intention of changing lanes without signaling, that's irritating.

I'm one of those people that as long as they wave after whatever near death experience may have transpired, I'm cool.

I firmly believe the wave can fix a lot of road rage.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Just over 37% did the no signal thing on my morning commute (18km), I think there's something more than burnt out indicators going on here.
    Will fuck off, again.

Ya. No one gets penalized for it. Same reason why people jay walk all willy nilly dt or really anywhere.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    G6

There's a thing in the middle of your steering wheel that you can press to alert people that not signaling is dangerous. But like most Calgarians, you probably don't know what I'm talking about.

CPS giving out tickets = never the answer.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What are signal lights?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by killramos
    What are signal lights?
    I think he meant the brake lights. You brake check whenever you don't know where you are going to let people know that you don't know where you are going.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea i know how to use those for sure. Also high beams. I use those a ton.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Why no signals?

Originally posted by speedog
    That said, has anyone ever seen a CPS officer pulling over and giving someone a ticket for not indicating a turn? Enforcement might be the only way people will learn.
    Guilty as charged.

Have to say tho, I was speeding (90+ in 60) into a left turn to run a yellow without signaling. Cop could have given me anything but only a fail to signal ticket.

In Calgary, people don't usually signal lane changes (or they blink it once when they're already halfway into the destination lane - honestly wtf is the point), but they sit in a turn-only lanes with their signal light on for 5 min waiting for the light to change. Lots of people don't even shoulder check until they are half-way moved over already. Just how it it's always been in Calgary, it's not going to change Doesn't even phase me anymore.

My Ride
    G37X

If you have two or more burnt out brake lights, your shit shouldn't be on the road. I see this so often around Bridlehood.

My Ride
    Audi

My FIL got a failure to signal ticket yesterday, so yeah they do enforce it.

My Ride
    TDi

Burnt out lights, no signals, and not turning on their lights at night and/or with fog is so irritating
    GO FLAMES GO!

Default Re: Why no signals?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:26 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    Man, burnt out taillamp/brake lamp bulbs piss me off to no end!!!

I can appreciate that MAYBE just MAYBE it may have just burnt out that day or whatever, but more than likely has been that way for months, and they just don't care....
    Totally man. More than one light out?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

You signal in heavy traffic... and people close the gaps, it's dog eat dog out there!

I tend to only signal when it's going to affect someone else on the road, I do NOT signal if I'm driving faster than the other cars on the highway (no need to bring unwanted attention to that) nor do I signal if I'm entering or exiting a dedicated lane at the beginning or when I'm turning... the lane is starting as I'm entering it, I'm not slowing down prior to entering it, and when I'm turning at the end of it, well... wtf else did you think I was going to do?! Driving straight into the divider?

The only time not signaling pisses me right off is when someone is in a non-dedicated turning lane at a red light (usually is is a left turn thing) and they are not signaling, so I choose to stay behind them... then it turns green and instead of driving they flip on the signal and just sit in place

I use to signal for everything, I think when I stopped is when I got into bikes... cause I would always forget to cancel the signal if it was on for a good duration (ie. waiting at a red light)

Also who the hell signals for a traffic circle?! You only get one option! And once your in it, you'd physically have to hold the stalk on to signal your exit since it would not be happy with you engaging it while having the wheel turned the opposite direction

My favourite idiot driver signal technique though has got to be the classic left signal while in a dedicated right merge lane...

Yes you are technically going over more "left" but what you just signaled is that you want to drive into oncoming traffic
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-02-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast