Quantcast
Crazy crazy car accident - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Crazy crazy car accident

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Looks fake to me, as some people in that Audi forum have pointed out. The car might've been in an accident, but those pictures are definitely staged:

#1. The tree would've collasped from a collision of that magnitude. Or at least be bent....

#2. Look around the engine, there's no fluids.

#3. No blood on the seats, or steering wheel where the guy's head probably hit

#4. No tire tracks leading up to the accident

I still dont understand how the accident is "supposed to" happen either. It looks like he skidded out of control, nailed the tree with the side of the car, and thats what split it in half. But that doesnt explain why the front and top is all smashed up.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

wow and audi's are built like tanks
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

wow... sniff poor audi a3. To me it looks real but i could be wrong, there are sheets in a couple pic's covering things up such as bodies or body parts and i bet the crash had been there for a few hours... time enough for firemen to get in there and get any potentially flammable fluids. The guy could been thrown clear of the car after impact which would explain the lack of guts in the car. Anyways that just my opinion... poor car and driver.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    2000 Ford Focus SE

I'm thinkin the bags aren't for bodies, they're for body parts
    Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hold On, don't fuck with the stereo.
    And whatever you don't press "THAT" Button

Press the gallery link to see my ride

also : Http://www.calgarygasprices.com

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

BTW someone quoted an article which said the handbrak had not been pulled up...it has. Also, I don't think that thing in the ignition is a broken key. The cut on the end is clean, and why would you grab for the key flying through the air at __(insert high speed).
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Chim
    Looks fake to me, as some people in that Audi forum have pointed out. The car might've been in an accident, but those pictures are definitely staged:

#1. The tree would've collasped from a collision of that magnitude. Or at least be bent....

#2. Look around the engine, there's no fluids.

#3. No blood on the seats, or steering wheel where the guy's head probably hit

#4. No tire tracks leading up to the accident

I still dont understand how the accident is "supposed to" happen either. It looks like he skidded out of control, nailed the tree with the side of the car, and thats what split it in half. But that doesnt explain why the front and top is all smashed up.

You're ignorant.

1. You people underestimate the strength of trees. They DONT MOVE. Cars are like eggs against them. Exo-skeleton designed to crumple when impacted. Its not a tank. You would also have to have a ton of time on your hands to custom fabricate the passenger side of the vehicles parts to wrap them around that tree. is the tree staged too?

2. what fluids would be there? Other than maybe rad fluid which might not be viewable from that angle. Oil may not leak if the engine is intact. The radiator (which would hold a lot of fluid is no where to be seen in any of those pics either.

3. This isn't the movies. People dont always explode into liquid when in car accidents, that and he was probably ejected from the vehicle anyways. at moment of impact (note the white cloths/bags everywhere, they often use those to cover limbs, torso etc, blood doesn't show up very obvious when in dirt and grass either.

4. Tire tracks? There ae no pictures shown that would show where the tire tracks would be anyways. No shots from up the road, etc.

Also note in one of the pictures, there is an ambulance, and in the other a cop with a tape measure. would HAVE to be a staged movie to have that all replicated. And I doubt it.

And yes, that was a Diesel Audi, both the motor and the Tachometer are evidence of that.

To properly assess the scene, you would need to be there, or a bunch more pictures. To say that it's fake based on what has been shown, is not a good assumption.
    Travel

My Ride
    Jetta

trees are STRONG..i knew a guy who wrote off his 1/2 ton dodge truck, hit a tree that is maybe 6 inches across, i'm guessing more like 5 ish

Default Re: ??

Originally posted by Mahk Uno
    its weird how the steering wheel is bent where it is, not only indicating the air bags didnt deploy, but the fact that if the car was 180 sideways there must have been prior contact "front end" to force his arm through the weel like its shown...either that or it was his head sometime during the ordeal....whatever the case i would rather have been ejected.
    i think that it was a side impact collision ss the front airbags did not deploy and some people from the audi forum thinks that the bent wheel might of been from the driver's head

yakish Guest

Originally posted by Ben

You're ignorant.

1. You people underestimate the strength of trees. They DONT MOVE. Cars are like eggs against them. Exo-skeleton designed to crumple when impacted. Its not a tank. You would also have to have a ton of time on your hands to custom fabricate the passenger side of the vehicles parts to wrap them around that tree. is the tree staged too?

plus what I'm seeing the tree was not really hit too much, only the frame hit the tree, but the engine, that no doubt has a lot of weight flew from the hood....

2. what fluids would be there? Other than maybe rad fluid which might not be viewable from that angle. Oil may not leak if the engine is intact. The radiator (which would hold a lot of fluid is no where to be seen in any of those pics either.
    exactly, plus look at the ground, this is the wood with all those needles on the ground, all fluids were able just to go though that very quikly without leaving any marks..... lus as Ben pointed out that might have been only the rad fluid...
    3. This isn't the movies. People dont always explode into liquid when in car accidents, that and he was probably ejected from the vehicle anyways. at moment of impact (note the white cloths/bags everywhere, they often use those to cover limbs, torso etc, blood doesn't show up very obvious when in dirt and grass either.

4. Tire tracks? There ae no pictures shown that would show where the tire tracks would be anyways. No shots from up the road, etc.
    what kind of track you want to get, I think that the car was spinning in the air before it actually hit the tree...

Also note in one of the pictures, there is an ambulance, and in the other a cop with a tape measure. would HAVE to be a staged movie to have that all replicated. And I doubt it.

And yes, that was a Diesel Audi, both the motor and the Tachometer are evidence of that.

To properly assess the scene, you would need to be there, or a bunch more pictures. To say that it's fake based on what has been shown, is not a good assumption.

I doubt the steering wheel was from his head, firsdt of all if he was sideways on initial impact his head would have been through the window, plus it would take more then the inertia of the accident throwing him around to throw his head through the wheel like that...and how ironic that where the wheel is bent is exactly where any 5-6 speed driver would have his hand placed...plus if you take into account where the bodies are laying and where the two ends of the car are if he was ejected from the inital contact of the tree, most likely the driver would have been thrown just as far if not farther away then the 2 ends of the car...either this is a fake with loop holes in it or there was definatly either contact or rolling before the tree got hit...yet no skid marks up to that point.

Its also kinda screwy that none of the tires are blown...a bit of rim damage and thats it....Ive been drifting in my car before and pulled tires clear off my rim...if he was sideways going as fast as he would had to have been going at least the tires would have peeled off a little bit.

My Ride
    EG2 / RMKS13

damn.. that's disturbing...

My Ride
    Denali

looks like pure stupidity to me... really sad to see still

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Mahk Uno
    Its also kinda screwy that none of the tires are blown...a bit of rim damage and thats it....Ive been drifting in my car before and pulled tires clear off my rim...if he was sideways going as fast as he would had to have been going at least the tires would have peeled off a little bit.

Tires are pretty bald, and look at the settings, I'm sure that road was not high quality sticky asphault, cant see there being any way you could peel the rubber off the rim. Not enough grip at all.
    Travel

no man going that fast and hiting ground sideways at keast the driver side "impact side" the tires should have. it has nothing to do with the tires being bald or not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4