Quantcast
Dog poo on my house sidewalk - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dog poo on my house sidewalk

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

You're a lazy dog Owner, I hope someone finds it in the spring and puts it in your mailbox.
    +1

I too have a beautiful green space near my house that has been over run with lazy dog owners, dog shit everywhere. I've reported it multiple times to the city and they won't do anything without address of the dog owner, license plate of dog owner or dog license number from the dog collar.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    none

I'm dealing with a lazy ass dog owner in my neighborhood. Caught him 4 times on my security cameras not picking up his dog shit. I've complained for 2 yrs and they finally paid him a visit. I'm not sure how many fines he got, they wouldn't tell me.

And that is just the incidences that happen in front of my house. I can only imagine what the play ground and park at the end of the block will look like in the spring.

I fuckig hate lazy ass POS dog owners.

I'd post up the videos, but I have to wait to see if he wants to go to court to figure out how he got caught 4 times.

nobody would be playing in the green space even when the snow melts. It's filled with shrubs and trees that nobody would venture off in that area unless they wanted to get pricked by weeds and bushes that are there in the summer.

If it was an area where people would play or walk I would have picked it up. If anything it's helping the plant life

My Ride
    Ford

yeah kids hate playing in shrubs and tress.
    you are literately a shitty pet owner who thinks they are right.
    dont forget the actually good pet owners who will go in there to clean up the poop now have to deal with your laziness.
    Last edited by blairtruck; 02-14-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Originally posted by blairtruck
    yeah kids hate playing in shrubs and tress.
    you are literately a shitty pet owner who thinks they are right.
    dont forget the actually good pet owners who will go in there to clean up the poop now have to deal with your laziness.
    My bad, its my first dog and didnt think that kids play in areas where there are thorns in the bushes and no grass in the summertime.

And I'm not lazy or a bad pet owner. I pick my dogs shit every single other time weather it be in the middle of road, when nobodys looking, huge field etc. I was simply being honest about a 2 maybe 3 times where my dog deep into a ravine area where no grass is and just shrubs and trees (not a spot a kid would play in due to it being dangerous). Don't get all worked up, lesson learned.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by jabjab
    nobody would be playing in the green space even when the snow melts. It's filled with shrubs and trees that nobody would venture off in that area unless they wanted to get pricked by weeds and bushes that are there in the summer.

If it was an area where people would play or walk I would have picked it up. If anything it's helping the plant life

My bad, its my first dog and didnt think that kids play in areas where there are thorns in the bushes and no grass in the summertime.

And I'm not lazy or a bad pet owner. I pick my dogs shit every single other time weather it be in the middle of road, when nobodys looking, huge field etc. I was simply being honest about a 2 maybe 3 times where my dog deep into a ravine area where no grass is and just shrubs and trees (not a spot a kid would play in due to it being dangerous). Don't get all worked up, lesson learned.
    Dog poop is a risk to other dogs if they eat it as well.

From the City of Calgary:

-Dog waste can be harmful to people, pets and the environment, if not picked up and disposed of properly.
    -It often contains E. coli and other harmful bacteria, such as salmonella, that can cause serious illness in humans.
    -It can transmit parasites, including tapeworm and roundworm larvae, that can lead to brain, eye and other human organ damage. (As well as other dogs.)
    -Its high-nutrient content creates “hot spots” causing nearby grass and plants to burn and discolour.
    -It can contaminate lakes, rivers and other water sources when carried away by rain or melting snow.
    -It attracts mice, coyotes and other wildlife to urban areas.
    -It does not absorb into the soil, so the risk of spreading its harmful effects can linger for years.
    I like neat cars.

Originally posted by 90_Shelby

Dog poop is a risk to other dogs if they eat it as well.

From the City of Calgary:

-Dog waste can be harmful to people, pets and the environment, if not picked up and disposed of properly.
    -It often contains E. coli and other harmful bacteria, such as salmonella, that can cause serious illness in humans.
    -It can transmit parasites, including tapeworm and roundworm larvae, that can lead to brain, eye and other human organ damage. (As well as other dogs.)
    -Its high-nutrient content creates “hot spots” causing nearby grass and plants to burn and discolour.
    -It can contaminate lakes, rivers and other water sources when carried away by rain or melting snow.
    -It attracts mice, coyotes and other wildlife to urban areas.
    -It does not absorb into the soil, so the risk of spreading its harmful effects can linger for years.
    Thank you for this information, I didn't know this. I'll have to keep my dog contained in areas that are accessible to I can pick up his litter. Glad you posted this, I'll have to venture off to where I know he did poo and go get it, just gotta put on a big pair of boots.

You would be very surprised where some kids will venture into for some fun, the wild ravine in Queens Park Cemetery was a favourite haunt of my kids when they were young.

Fuck it's never ok to leave shit anywhere.

Man up and be a responsible pet owner, OR don't have one.

My Ride
    G37X

You're a lazy dog Owner, I hope someone finds it in the spring and puts it in your mailbox.
    Yes. This is why my condo doesn't allow any new dogs being brought into the building. Too many lazy owners whom let fido run around in the common area grass in the winter while they wait behind the door.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I just open my front door and let my dogs run out and go wherever they want. I don't pick it up either!

It helps we live on 11 acres so the only ones that could step in dog shit is us!

Originally posted by never

It helps we live on 11 acres so the only ones that could step in dog shit is us!
    But you'll attract mice and coyotes.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by HomespunLobster

But you'll attract mice and coyotes.
    Been out here 9 years and have seen everything but coyotes...and wolves. And we have had remote cameras up for several years. Meadow voles are pretty common around here but that's not related to the dogs.

The dogs don't go in any of the cleared areas around the house...they're trained to go in the forest so we're good! Plus there's WAY more deer shit around here than anything else...can't do much about that.

I really hope homespunlobster is just being sarcastic. It's called country life......

Originally posted by J-hop
    I really hope homespunlobster is just being sarcastic. It's called country life......
    I'd be impressed if you found a way to keep mice off 11 acres. Maybe if it was 100% paved. But then we'd be back to dogs poop on sidewalks.

Originally posted by HomespunLobster

I'd be impressed if you found a way to keep mice off 11 acres. Maybe if it was 100% paved. But then we'd be back to dogs poop on sidewalks.
    So you weren't joking???

Mice are everywhere when you live in the country, dog poop isn't going to attract them and if anything if the dogs poop away from the house it will attract them away. But I've never seen mice go after dog poop so I don't know what you mean by that. Granted my dog hunts mice and kills them usually before I see them.

Dog poop isn't going to attract coyotes anymore than food smells from your house.

I take it you're a city slicker? Mice and coyotes are just s fact of life outside the city. Can't believe we are having this discussion lol

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Of course he's being sarcastic. Jesus Christ he picked it from the City list above!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2